Day 22 - Childhood Games

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Manna Beast

I don't trust trees. They're shady.
Original poster
5 STAR GREMLIN
STAFF MEMBER
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
All day, every day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
-Fantasy with means of magic and sword based feelings, i do prefer a bit of romance in stories
-Modern with again a fantasy feel
-Cut in anything with a bit of Romance and I can give it a try.
So the types of games I am talking about here isn't video games but rather things like board games, or card games, beyblade or techdeck? Things that were from your childhood that weren't played on a video media but rather physical items.

For myself, I hate board games (still do. I will do anything else than a board game) but as a kid -and about to date myself severely- Pog's were the big ass thing from my youth. I had a billion of them and lots of slammers. Plastic ones, metal ones. And i think my husband still has some of his pog's somewhere! I didn't get into pokemon until I was older or rather I was a closet nerd that didn't let anyone know until I was older.

I know there are tons of different games like that, but what were things from your childhood that you were invested in!

i loved the game of life SO SO SO much!!! and yahtzee!!! (should have seen my d&d addition coming, tbh)

idk if they count as games per say, but my nana and i always did puzzles together!! it was so peaceful i still love doing them, tho figuring out what tf to do with them afterwards still boggles me

Oh my god okay so I actually love board games, but almost no one else in my family or friend circle is really into playing games all that much!
My mom and my sister like board games and I have three friends that also do like them... but the problem lies in getting everyone together while ALSO having everyone in the mood to wanna play a game! 🤣
I own soooooo many board games and have played sooooo many others, but there is ONE that sticks out among the rest.

Park and Shop.

It's a very very old board game from, I think around the 50s that's not made anymore and I swear is just not available to buy anywhere online ever. Trust me. I've looked.
It's special to me because it was my grandma's game and she would play it aaaall the time with me and my sister. It was our favorite game to play as kids and her copy of the game was all beat to hell and back, but we still loved it! And honestly? Now that my grandma's gone, I find myself sometimes chasing those good memories and, every now and then... I do a deep search of ebay and similar sites just trying to find a copy of this game out there somewhere in the world so I can buy it and play it again with my sister.

One day. One day I'll find it!

Oh my god okay so I actually love board games, but almost no one else in my family or friend circle is really into playing games all that much!
My mom and my sister like board games and I have three friends that also do like them... but the problem lies in getting everyone together while ALSO having everyone in the mood to wanna play a game! 🤣
I own soooooo many board games and have played sooooo many others, but there is ONE that sticks out among the rest.

Park and Shop.

It's a very very old board game from, I think around the 50s that's not made anymore and I swear is just not available to buy anywhere online ever. Trust me. I've looked.
It's special to me because it was my grandma's game and she would play it aaaall the time with me and my sister. It was our favorite game to play as kids and her copy of the game was all beat to hell and back, but we still loved it! And honestly? Now that my grandma's gone, I find myself sometimes chasing those good memories and, every now and then... I do a deep search of ebay and similar sites just trying to find a copy of this game out there somewhere in the world so I can buy it and play it again with my sister.

like this??? is this early game monopoly 🫨

• Thank You
Reactions: Lyrikai

Park and Shop.

like this??? is this early game monopoly 🫨
YES. THAT EXACTLY HOLY CRAP. I know what I need now!

• Haha
Reactions: rissa