Dark Stories by the Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MerlotBeauty

Original poster
Hello. =)

So, I'm getting back into RP after about a month or so of busy life and holidays! Whew, it's nice to have time to RP again. With that in mind, I would love a good story filled with some good smut, darkness, and the like.

Before jumping into plots, I would ask that you read over my own style and preferences regarding writing partners. While I am friendly and always open to trying new things, I am learning that compatibility is important.​

RP Style and Expectations (Note: Please read this section. It will be obvious if you do not.)
  • Grammar and Quality

I would appreciate respectable grammar and spelling from my partner, but RP is meant to be fun. I will not judge or comment unless I genuinely cannot read or understand the content (no text-talk or one-liners please). Additionally, I would prefer a writing partner who wants work with me to develop plot and setting as we go, and will offer and post ideas as well as demonstrate a strong understanding of elements of story (characterization, setting, plot movement etc).

One-sided RPing/plot development is a huge pet peeve of mine; for those who merely follow along without offering any plot/movement/development for their part expect the RP to end rather quickly and abruptly.
  • Communication

Discussion and chit-chat is a must for me. I find that it helps to break the ice, and allows a rapport to build. In OOC we can coordinate and discuss the story as needed, but also it is always nice to be able to relax and have fun. I feel this is also critical to ensure that we are both enjoying the story.

Additionally, I do not pester or nag for posts. I assume that those who express interest will post consistently—even if it's slow. I understand that life can get busy. Note: Extended periods of inactivity (usually more than a month or so) without notice may result in termination of the story.

My own pacing is currently varied (Anywhere from a post a day to a week or even longer). There are many factors to consider, so all I ask is understanding and patience I will try to let you know if I will have extended absence, or if I need take a break due to real life commitments.
  • Originality

I prefer to write original stories, but I have a very short list of open-world settings that I am willing to explore. However, with fan-fiction, I have some specific expectations, and I may be a little... high maintenance.

Plot Hooks

Okay, on to the fun stuff. =) All of these hooks are rather basic with lots of room for interpretation. I love plotting and developing stories with my partners, so these are merely a starting point. =) Other ideas are, of course, welcome.
  • The Siege - Our numbers were depleted, resources nearly gone. Innocents were starving and well beyond fear. We had no choice but to... surrender.
  • Forgotten - We should not have forgotten our past. We were complacent and foolish. Now it may be too late...
  • Immortal War - ... and as usual mortals are caught in the middle.

If you find that you're interested, please feel free to PM or post below (especially if you have questions).

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit interested. :) Would love to discuss some plots with you.

Just a small bump; still looking for some writing partners. =)

• Love
Reactions: Stheno
Status
Not open for further replies.