[ D A N G E R O U S ] - A Cyberpunk Roleplay | IN CHARACTER

"I see," she says in response to Dimitri's advice, her disdainful tone was masked by her quiet voice.

Saint peels her eyes away from her HUD and studies the projection. The blueprint, on top of her own knowledge, provided all the intel she needed to assist the 'team'. Hence why, when Dimitri gave his list of expendables, she felt a scornful sneer creep to her face - which was quickly dismissed as Artyom entered the premises.

One quick glance over her shoulder and she had him memorised. The well built but weary-eyed man was probably one of Dimitri's, and she didn't waste her effort answering him.

"I've got a couple SQL and Basic authentication codes written up. Give me a terminal and I'll patch us all in," she says to Ghost. "I'll be your eyes and ears, as well as your way out if things go south."

Knowing what she does about Kaiga's systems, she'd already visualised their way of operation. She could hack a console while listening in on Kaiga's communications, updating the mercenaries while paving a path for them from the side-lines. A nice and clean operation.

"And maybe the newbie," she says, nodding her head to Artyom, "can be there to watch my back. If he's woke enough to tell the difference between the barrel and butt of his gun."

Saint glosses over the brute, smiling, though she wishes she didn't have to.

@EldridSmith @Ariel @Derp

Reactions: WinterO
Aqua gripped the doorknob. She hadn't realized how white her knuckles had become from doing so. Darren poured himself a glass of whiskey. He didn't seem as surprised or concerned as Aqua thought he should be. Matsuda moved quick on his feet and as someone who was vulnerable, despite all the combat martial training she'd received, her mother knew she wouldn't stand a chance against Matsuda and his gang. Aqua pulled her hand off the doorknob and approached Darren, clear panic in her eyes and distress in her tone.

"What do we do? Darren."

The man took a swig of his alcohol, "Now, let's take a moment. Take a deep breath."

He raised his hands up, whiskey still in hand, and lowered them, as if compressing a box.

"Think carefully about this. Who found out? Your mother?"

"Yes, she did. She caught wind of him in the northeast sector."

"Northeast, eh? That's hundreds of miles from here. Did she get his last location?"

"Ah, no. Not anything specific. Mm," Aqua bit her lip. She had to think. Who would be good for a job or two? How could she get intel on Daichi? Sei was out of commission for now- she wouldn't load the woman up with another job and Sei still had yet to earn her trust. This was more personal. Art though. He had some hacking knowledge. Maybe they could track down the yakuza's exact location and determine what Daichi was planning through his network.

He was a cybernetic punk, for lack of a better word. He knew his way around technology and always sought to retrieve the best, according to Aqua's mother. There was a problem she had though- Art didn't know about her background as a former yakuza or Daichi. How would he take it? What if he decided that she'd violated his trust? She wanted to hide but knew that wouldn't help anyone, not her or her mother.

"The way I see it, you got two options," Darren started. "Hide, lock the doors and bar down, or go after that son of a bitch. Hunt him down before he hunts you. You owe your father."

"Yes," Aqua sighed. "I still can't believe my mother rejected his ashes."

"No time to worry about that now. You gonna hunt him or what?"

"I know what I have to do."

Art usually came later in the night, particularly after a long day of hacking and doing other people's dirty work. Aqua took a deep breath. She'd have to prepare herself for the worst. Lord only knew how he'd react. In the meantime, she'd sit down and formulate a whole plan with her mother. Nothing good would come of this, nothing good ever did with Daichi.

Aqua acknowledged Darren's presence and left his office. She headed home to see her mom. It was now or never.

mentions: @Derp @WinterO @redcatalyst

faceref45.png

Artyom

Now Playing: UuuU What is this?

Artyom didn't seem exactly to pleased by Saint's response in the slightest though he saved his harsh words as he simply pulled up his sleeves showing that he was far more 'woke' than Saint likely believed especially when it came to his augs. "Not sure if you noticed but I am carrying...way more hardware than meets the eye. That goes for fighting if things get loud but lets try and keep this quiet if we can. I don't think we have the time or resources to run around if Kaiga gets tipped off about what we're doing." He stated rather calmly as he moved his coat revealing his holder and weapon to Saint. "If this is how we're going about it I'd rather we have more just in case those codes don't work. Not to cast doubt or anything but we really can't afford to fuck this up." He said looking to Dimitri knowing that the man understood what was exactly at risk besides losing their window to Typhon. "We have a lot of people gunning for Typhon at the moment so Kaiga isn't going to try anything immediate but we definitely don't want to rush in there without a substantial plan and a contingency. We know where he is being held at least so thats a plus and we at least have at least 2 days before they'd try to move him if I still know anything about working in the Security Sect." It was at that moment Art did remember he had an obligation to deal with tonight though now he had to kick the idea around in his head on cancelling his plans with Aqua later on though that would probably draw questions from her and he very much preffered to keep his business and pleasure seperate if he could help it.

Coming back from his internal discourse he looked toward Dimitri
"So assuming we can get Typhon out. Whats the plan for extraction? Does he have someone coming for him or is he just going to fade back into the shadows of the city?" He questioned not sure which option would be best given the circumstances. "Or are we just stuck with that responsibility?". The idea of having to hide a black market dealer was amusing at best and at worst a stressful nightmare though Art technically did owe the man quite a lot for giving him his life back or what was left of it.

@Kat @EldridSmith @redcatalyst