Crowsie's Showsies

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Melpothalia

Original poster
I think it's appropriate I erect this thread since I use art to supplement roleplaying and I draw my OCs a lot.

Well, that's actually a white lie. I don't really draw a lot, but when I do it's usually roleplay related!

If you guys don't mind I think I'll start off with some older stuff to buffer until I can get into picking up a pen again.

tumblr_mu156zAONj1rigs7fo1_400.png
This is my character Shae just strolling along with a bouquet and a white minidress. I drew this as a pin-up for her blog's background image so it isn't very interesting.
kumiho_unaware_by_lucitheprofessional-d6pcbar.png
This one from an old plot bunny I played around with for a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: UnicornBunny
I've found that coloring darker skin tones is difficult for me, but you pull it off well!

Reactions: 2 people
The wolf picture- I really liked. Did you use a pen tablet? I love the flow of the pen, how it wisps off at the end. Does that even make any sense? But anyway, there's a great balance between the colors which makes it look even better despite the simple appearance. Yeah. So. This is me expressing my appreciation. c:

Reactions: 2 people
Alright, I'm back with a little more.

Some more art of Shae. This time she's in a saucy bind.
ropes_by_lucitheprofessional-d6fy9wz.png

Breaking up the OC spam with someone else's character. Her name's Redda and I adore her hair.

reddas_hairwear_by_lucitheprofessional-d6cz8wh.png

@MadWorld: Thank you very much! Yeah, I drew it on a tablet. The trick to that particular image is that the tails and ears are invisible until you drag the picture. They're from a fox, btw (the coat is posessed by a kumiho)

Yeah, I guessed she was probably a fox. Good job on it~!

Beautiful , Do you mind I ask what mediums you used? is this digital work or done by hand?

@Fijoli Thanks very much :>
Everything I've posted so far has been drawn digitally in Paint Tool Sai, with a wacom graphics tablet.
Lately I've been focusing on traditional art since I can't use my tablet right now (and I'm trying to get my fundamentals down).

If you ever want me to look over anything, Or if you ever want some help Don't hesitate to ask, I'm not a certified teacher but I know my art. I would love to help you hone this talent and reach your potential. Any questions at all, you feel free to PM me a conversation ^_^

Keep at it <333

Okay I'm back with some more. I think I'll put up most of my older stuff and then start showing off what I've been doing recently.

Shae once again, wearing an outfit styled after by one of her inspirations, Pam Grier.
tumblr_mwovveYRKP1rigs7fo1_400.png

A quick little thing I did for an RP Halloween party last year. She;s terrible at the games but she thinks the characters are cute.
tumblr_mvk9cfD40H1rigs7fo1_400.png

Trigger warning: Blood and Gore!
This is probably the oldest of all the drawings in this thread. I don't know how I didn't catch that backwards hand until I finished.
next_stop__wshh_by_lucitheprofessional-d6cx4ur.png

Okay I said that last post was nothing but old art but I actually have a little bit more.

This is another drawing i made using the 'kumiho possessed fur coat' plot bunny I was hanging onto for a while.

tumblr_mpuzmis1ju1qf08zpo1_500.png

This drawing is actually on my list of things from 2012 that I plan to redraw this year.

tumblr_mgfx5rxft91qf08zpo1_500.png

A comic I drew way way back after binging on Mameshiba videos.

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
I'm back.

I haven't drawn anything in forever so I decided to go headfirst back into the habit.

This wonderful guy on Etsy sells amazing quality blank trading cards for super cheap and I went crazy and got a bunch.
So now I have a bunch of blank ones lying around to put to use.

aradia_aceo_by_lucitheprofessional-d7bf9n0.png

The hair and the blotches in the background are covered in glitter so it's kind of holographic in person. I'm not happy with how this came out, since I fucked up with the highlights and didn't wanna fix it, but oh well. I'll redraw it someday.

• Love
Day 2 of my lil artist trading card challenge.

My friend's OC, based off an illustration she's drew herself.

tumblr_n2ygopmq9q1qf08zpo1_r1_250.png

• Love
Day 3 aceo, my current favorite music video and current favorite artist.
(Rolling Girl and Saccstry, respectively)

tumbling_female_by_lucitheprofessional-d7bl631.png

• Love
I freaking Love that blue haired girl. My favorite Blue.... and OUCH what happen to her face?? I loooove these. and can't wait to see more :o you BETTER MAKE MORE OF THESE, CROWSIE!!!!

~ pokes you until you make more~
poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I freaking Love that blue haired girl. My favorite Blue.... and OUCH what happen to her face?? I loooove these. and can't wait to see more :o you BETTER MAKE MORE OF THESE, CROWSIE!!!!

~ pokes you until you make more~
poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke

The blue-haired girl is Hatsune Miku, as of her appearance in Rolling Girl. She gets all beat up through the video. I think it's actually pretty endearing.

And don't worry darlin', I'll definitely be making more. These little art tidbits are perfect for someone like me. It's been really, really hard for me to get back into art after abandoning it for months and these little cards are the perfect sized tidbits for daily practice.

• Thank You
I know those feels, I took a two year Hiatus from everything, took me a few months to bounce back from it. glad to have you back on the creative side :D

beloved_specters_by_lucitheprofessional-d7bq20l.png

Day 4 ATC challenge and the very first card I actively despise. I have absolutely no sense of design when it comes to clothes so her Antebellum-era funeral gown came out looking so weird and bad. Not to mention, I don't have any grey copics, only promarkers, and without the brush tip they blend together like ASS. You just can't make a proper gradient with them. The darkest grey I have is like 9 shades away from black.

Oh well, I'll just have to do better tomorrow.

Characters: Beloved from the book of the same name and background ghost are specter enemies from OFF.

• Love
COPICS ARE THE BOMB!!! ~ wants all the copic markers in the WORLD ~

I love her dress to and her "care-for-nothing" posture is dramatic and Bold. Crowsie you are original and I can't get enough of your art.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hey guys, it's been a minute.
I actually haven't been drawing too much in the past few months, but I'm back with a little something featuring my OC and her Halloween costume.
Bonus points if you can guess who's she's dressed up as (hint: it's not Alice, or a waitress)
halloween_2014_by_lucitheprofessional-d84pklv.png

And another tiny doodle
crybaby_by_lucitheprofessional-d848bqh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.