(Criminal)ly Inclined [OoC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryneck

Don't jinx it.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk
"We. Are. Your. God."

(Criminal)ly Inclined

Roleplay Premise

(Criminal)ly Inclined is a psychological, noire-esque roleplay. The focus is on a small group of strangers, each kidnapped for their unique skill sets. The only reason given for their kidnapping is, "to commit crime."

Thus, are they given their choices: commit various crimes for whatever mastermind orchestrated their capture, or face death by explosion via the chips implanted in the back of their necks.

The aim of this roleplay is to look at the psychological impact such a situation might have on people from various walks of life — the way they react, the way they adapt (or fail to), and the way they see themselves as time passes.

The biggest question this roleplay seeks to answer is this:

What makes a criminal — the actions one takes, or the reasons with which they take those actions?

Roleplay Information

For this roleplay, I'm looking for about three to six people, excluding myself. Each person will play as one of those kidnapped (I will allow doubles if we only get three or four people). As can probably be guessed, character death IS a possibility, whether it be by a method of your choosing or forced upon you by bad decisions made throughout the course of the roleplay.

Along with playing the mastermind(s) behind your character's capture, I'll also be playing one of the kidnapped strangers myself. That being said, my character will not be assuming the stereotypical leader role. I'll leave that to someone else. For this, I would prefer characters that aren't so inherently "criminally inclined". The roleplay is in and of itself a thought experiment performed by the kidnappers — they wouldn't kidnap more than one or two people that were already considered 'criminals' by society.

Rules

1. Basic Iwaku rules.
2. IC drama in, OoC drama out.
3. Paragraph length posts with proper grammar and spelling are required, but I'm pretty lenient about this. Just don't test me.
4. Posting speed and order are very lenient. I'll be satisfied with one post a week for now, as my own internet access times are a bit wonky. The order will be decided on a post basis (i.e. whoever posts first after me will be second in the posting order, so on and so forth).
5. No freaking out over character death. If it happens and I don't say anything against it, it's probably justified.
6. Please don't leave the roleplay without telling me you're leaving. I promise I'll understand.
7. This is just the obligatory placeholder rule.
8. This is just the obligatory "making sure you read the rules" rule. Please put the phrase "Obligatory I read the rules phrase" in your first post so I know you read the rules.

Now to get to what you actually came here for.

Character Sheet(s)

Name:
Appearance: (Description or image; preferably art if the latter — I'm a weeb)
Skill(s): (Try to pick something someone hasn't already chosen)
Background: (This should be BRIEF. That's 'brief' in both capital and bold print. Just consider it a writing sample of sorts. Most of this should be revealed through the roleplay)

Name:
Relationship to Kidnapped:
Appearance: (Description or image; again, preferably art if the latter)

Reactions: Himilo
'Obligatory I read the rules phrase' Can I join?
I would like it if I wasn't a criminal but i'm insane.
Or if I sacrifice myself to save the others.

Obligatory I have read the rules phrase.
I'm interested in joining but I'll have to see if I actually can.
Until then, I guess I'd like to reserve a spot if that's alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.