cout << "Hello, Iwaku!" << endl;

T

Thoren

Original poster
As the C++ code proclaimed: I bid Iwaku and everyone that is a part of it a warm, solemn greeting! I feel grateful to my friend whom in which told me about this place, and I very much look forward to a fun experience with all of you! But, before I do anything too rash, let's start with a(relatively) short introduction!

Outside of the internet, I am known by a simple, decently common, and a bit dreadfully mundane name, so I'd rather not be addressed as such when I indulge in this massive web of data...

Instead, I prefer the name: Thoren. It's impossible to fully explain why I use this name, other than the fact that I identify myself with it. I've made Thoren, both the name and my character, a fragment of my very soul. If I could change my name, that's definitely what it would be. I don't even want a last name; just Thoren would do for me.

Of course, I will certainly allow you to shorten and modify the name as you like when referring to me. Heck, come up with a nickname! I can handle it. c:

And... that's about it for now. I really can't settle on any other sort of topic to cover about me without slapping a wall of text in your face. I'll save that for any roleplay that comes from me, which, again, I really look forward to doing!

But, I'll tell you what: why not make this into a short Q&A game? I can't possibly answer everyone's questions with a single post, no matter how hard I try. So, what do you want to know? I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner! :D

Greetings! Here's to hoping you enjoy your stay.

Greetings Thoren. ^o^ Welcome to the community!

Oooo, greetings Thoren! I've been wanting to learn C++ for awhile! Very creative intro ^ ^

Good evening, HibikiKuraii! I'm a bit nervous in addressing anyone with shortened names at the moment. But if you'd prefer that I call you either section of your username, then don't hesitate to make the suggestion!

Anyway, I actually wanted to contribute a bit to any educating you might like in the complicated world that is C++ coding... by applying this thread's name to what an actual C++ source file would look like, if I wanted a console application to display that very text within the quotes! I'll show you what I mean via the spoiler:

//
// This is a comment section of a source file.
// All text that is within lines preceded by two
// forward slashes(//) is a comment by the
// developer. Typically to explain certain
// elements of their source code if it is deemed
// necessary. Compilers ignore comment text,
// and it will not affect the program in any way.
//

#include<iostream>
// Including a data file within the computer that contains the basic, necessary information that
// a program is based on in order to function properly. It is often required that certain programs
// have certain base files included in order to perform a specific set of functions. For example,
// "cmath" is an "#include" file that allows a program to perform more advanced mathematic
// operations, such as square roots.

using namespace std;
// Setting a standard for the program, though this one's pretty in-depth, so I'll leave it at that.

int main() // Declaring the main function of the program. All C++ programs MUST have a "main" function!
{ // Opening brace that precedes all code that defines the function.

// An output command. All that is within the quotes will be displayed on-screen. "endl" has a lower
// case "L" at the end. It is short for "End Line". This tells the program to perform a return-carriage
// function after printing the text.

system("pause");
// This allows the user to observe the results on the screen before the program closes. Depending on
// what compiler you use, the form of this command can vary, but no matter what form, it performs the
// same general function.

return 0;
// If and/or when the compiler and program reach this line in the main function, it is the C++ way of
// saying that all is working as it should be, and when the value "0" is returned to the computer, the
// program will be terminated.

} // Closing brace indicates the closing of the function.

------------------

Without all of those comments, the source file looks like this:

------------------

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{

system("pause");
return 0;
}

Eight lines of information, all just to display one line of text... Computers are strange like that. :P

Indeed, I took Game Development and learned a bit of code using Game Maker.. I don't remember a lot of it, just a lot of variables and whatnot

Also you can call me Hibiki! Don't worry about it :)

Welcome to your new dysfunctional family at Iwaku! We only want your soul. :)

Thank you, honestly! However, I'm afraid I cannot provide you with my complete soul. Without my name and character, you will never have all of my soul... sorry, not sorry. xP