Couple plots, genres, fandoms, casual 1x1 search

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubbish

Original poster
Schedule: I won't have internet again until Monday. I'll be on my phone, and I can get on skype in the evening when I'm plugged into the wall, so feel free to add me on Skype if you wanna talk; just tell me who you are and that you're from Iwaku! Skype is Skooma.Dog (with that period; otherwise you'll be skyping someone else, oops).

Hey, guys! Trying to get a few roleplays under my belt. Gonna go ahead and list both original and fandom ideas here; post a reply or shoot me a message if anything takes your interest!

Here are my general guidelines and expectations for roleplay; you don't have to read them if you don't want to, I just like to have the "fine print" available for anyone who's interested, so they know what they're getting into, haha.

Posting: I may post anywhere from multiple times a day to once a week; it really depends on my schedule. School starts again at the end of September and I'll be settling into a new apartment and a new schedule, so I may disappear for a few weeks. I don't mind if you take your time replying, but please let me know if you're going to be gone for longer than a week, and I'll do my best to do the same for you. I understand that things happen and I won't get angry if you disappear suddenly; do what you have to do. If it's been a week or so, I'll probably ask what's up, but I won't pester you, and I hope you won't pester me, either. But please let me know if you want to drop the roleplay. There's no shame in getting bored and wanting to end things :)
Grammar, etc: My basic rule is, "as long as we understand each other, we're fine." Please use your best grammar and spelling; it doesn't have to be perfect, but if I have to struggle to understand you I may not be able to keep up a roleplay with you, sorry.
Style: My default is third-person, past tense. I can switch between past and present tense depending on which you would prefer to use. I've never tried first-person in a roleplay but I'm willing to give it a shot. I'm not picky about length as long as you give me something to work with; I may write anything from a few lines to several paragraphs, depending on what's necessary for the roleplay.
Limits: Please let me know if you have any limits or anything you won't do before we get going. Just a heads up I swear like a sailor out of character, and some of my characters can have pretty foul mouths too. Just let me know if I ever make you uncomfortable at any time.
Character profiles: I like to do general profiles, at least, and more detailed if our characters are supposed to know each other, etc. I don't like to use anime/manga images and prefer real people or realistic art, though if you reeeaaally want to do anime and manga, and I can find an image I like, I can probably be swayed.
Don't be passive! Please don't just react to what I write; be an active part of the roleplay. Don't be afraid to communicate with me and tell me your ideas; discussing what happens next can go a long way!

Will not do
  • Explicit smut; basically anything that would be awkward to watch with your parents. Don't like to get down and dirty. Nope.
  • Insane/violent characters. I mean like, characters who enjoy being violent. Like I have a hitman/agent type character I'd like to play, and violence is part of his job, but he doesn't go overboard. I don't want to be doing any Hannibal Lecter bullshit right now.
  • Pure romance. It can be an underlying thing, or it can be built up and then become a main focus, but I don't want to start out with that, please let's not do that.
I have the right to change my will do's and won't do's whenever I want and so do you blah blah blah.

Also I don't care if you're a boy or a girl? Or which you play? I don't understand people asking for particular genders in roleplayers, like if they want the actual player to be that gender or are they okay with people playing genders they're not idk? I play any gender, depending on the roleplay, really, and I don't care which you play. Idk. Or what age you are. Just as long as I can read your writing and we "click" as partners. Come at me. Love me.

Now, on to the fun stuff!

Plots: General ideas I have. Just let me know if you're interested in any of them and I can probably throw some more ideas at you. Let me know if you have any ideas at all and we can build off of each other.

My character is tailing yours . . .

As mentioned above, I want to play an agent type character who I've been thinking about for awhile. My idea is my character is following yours--the reason why we can come up with later. Could be he's trying to keep your character safe, or is trying to get some information from them, something of that nature. To be perfectly honest it's mostly a character study for me, since this guy just tickles me and I don't have time to write a book about him at the moment. Willing to do multiple threads with different people and different plots on this one, I think. We can also set it in whatever kind of world, though my character's default is just our modern world.

Treasure Hunters

Our characters are off on an Indiana Jones style adventure, searching for some lost relic or other. They could be partners, rivals, complete strangers--whatever! In any case, they're out to experience the perils of the unknown, the mysterious, the mystical! I'm wondering if we want to mix up some mythology in this?

Genres and Themes: Just things I'm down with; we can add these to any plot or fandom ideas, if we want to.
  • Furry/Anthro
  • Dragons. Just dragons. Add dragons to everything.
  • Fantasy and Sci-fi (from Game of Thrones to Star Wars [I'm only on book 2 of ASOIAF])
  • Aliens and stuff
  • Supernatural/Urban Fantasy (vampires in modern cities, etc)
  • Beowulf/medieval
  • Mythology
  • Apocalypse/Dystopia/Survival
  • idk i'm open to pretty much anything; just trying to throw some ideas out there.

Fandoms: Here are the fandoms I'm interested in roleplaying, with varying degrees of interest. More likely than not, I'm probably most interested in doing anything up above in the plots area. But please let me know if there's anything here you're interested in!

Oc's are fine, and so are crossovers! Really whatever goes. I'm coming from a recent stint in Tumblr RP; anything can happen, really.

• Doctor Who (I really like playing the Eleventh Doctor; I also like playing sort of a darker Doctor, too, if anyone's interested in that. Really anything goes with dw.)
  • Supernatural
  • Harry Potter
  • Pokemon
  • Marvel (movie universes; not Guardians of the Galaxy) (I really like X-Men) (can borrow elements from 616 but I'm not that familiar with things outside of the movies :( ) (I ship the fuck out of Prof X and Magneto ngl)
  • Mad Max (my favorite) (not even kidding mad max is my favorite thing)
  • Beowulf. I don't even know if this counts as a fandom I just fucking love Beowulf.
Those are the ones I'm thinking of just now, idk. I might add more; feel free to ask about any that you might want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.