2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
  3. No Preferences
Genres
I love vampire role-plays. I like sci-fi with a distopian plot. I like yaoi quite well, but I do het pairings just as often. A touch of romance is good but I prefer romantic comedy to straight romance.
Welcome to my thread. I present to you a new premise for the perusing.

Our story is set in present day Paris, where your character is living. Everything about your character is up to you, from age to sex to race to nationality to sexuality to socio-economic background. The only requirement is that they live alone in Paris.

What you may want to keep in mind because it may influence the direction of the plot is the relation of your character's stats to my character's stats. So, here are my character's stats. He is thirty-one years old, male, white, French, straight, and a middle-class lawyer turned politician. Oh, and he was born in 1758.

If you've done your math (1758 + 31 = 1789) and you know your history (1789 was the first year of the French Revolution and many of the revolutionaries were lawyers turned politicians) you'll probably have already guessed that my character is a French revolutionary.

But wait, I said that the story is set in present day Paris. You're right. That's because the opening scenario is that your character comes home one day to find that a French revolutionary has dropped into their living room. From there the plot is pretty much make it up as we go since your character has not yet been created and their situation will determine where the story goes.

So, you're thinking that you don't know much of anything about the French Revolution. That's absolutely fine. You might want to write it into your character, though, so you don't have to worry about researching stuff your character should know but you don't.

And what if you do know about the French Revolution? That's also fine… Well, if I'm being honest, that's even better. I just want you to be aware that I am playing a major figure from the French Revolution (some of you may have already guessed who), and I have come to my own conclusions about his personality, which may conflict with your conclusions and/or those of some of the history books. Oh, yes, I almost forgot to say. My character will be Maximilien Robespierre.

What about me as a role-player? Well, I like to write long posts and make up the plot while we write. I tend to get discouraged if I get the sense that I am more invested in the role-play than the other person, which I tend to feel if I don't see much going on in the other person's posts (this is about content, not length) or they don't add their own ideas to the formation of the plot. When I get discouraged, my posting frequency goes down a lot. When feeling encouraged or inspired, I can sometimes post within half an hour of reading a reply (which is not necessarily within half an hour of the reply being posted, since I do not have constant access to the internet). I am very understanding of partners who don't post frequently and I hope for the same sort of understanding from my partners because I cannot necessarily post every day.

If you're at all interested in writing this with me, send me a message! I usually don't bite.

~Lorien

Status
Not open for further replies.