Commissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Midnight Maiden

So lately this has been a major obsession for @Klutzy Ninja Kitty and I, and this something is getting commissions. Primarily of ships, rp scenes, OCs, and occasionally some other miscellaneous things.

So my question is, have you ever bought any commissions from anyone? Were they art, or writing, or something else? If so, is it something you do often? What sort of things do you get them off?

Do I get to unload my folder of commissions in here? : |

To spare y'all from my tons of commissions of this character, I'll just post a blog link to my commissions of her. Here's my OC Ilona. I should make another blog post for my ship commissions. : ) Error | IwakuRoleplay.com

To spare y'all from my tons of commissions of this character, I'll just post a blog link to my commissions of her. Here's my OC Ilona. I should make another blog post for my ship commissions. : ) Error | IwakuRoleplay.com
I should do the same to be honest. I'd have so many blogs of commissions though if I limited each blog to one specific OC or category though. : |

I did buy some commisions for my KH UX character: Alan
cm_for_topazdude_by_berry64_adopts-db10iz2.png

_cm__alan_by_kazokunyan-db1sg19.png

When I was first putting together Altera Arcana, I wanted to get artwork of all the gods and goddesses in the pantheon, or at least the most important ones. I didn't have enough spending money to go shopping around for all the commissions all at once, so I figured I'd start with one or two and then start to order a few more commissions as time went on. But then I kind of dropped the ball on that and haven't ordered more commissions since. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In the end, I only ever got one completed commission.

Art is my addiction, and I can't help but buy art from the wonderful Liger every time I have money. Most of my favorite commissions are from her, including my avatar. I'd show all my favorites, but there are too many.

I recently paid for my first commission, made by my friend @Cresion Breezes . It was of my stitched witch and my friend's undead djinn. ^_^ I had gotten it made as a gift for my friend/rp partner.

It came out perfecter than perfect and really probably worth more than I paid ;w; Below is a small version, the original is huge!

[spoili]small-annie-and-bae.jpg [/spoili]

BOY DO I!
I used to commission so much art of my characters. I stopped because I stopped playing Subeta (where I bought most, if not all, of my art), but recently have started buying a bit more art. Just a bit though, because I don't know where to find artists and also I'm afraid people will think my characters are boring or lame lol. :C

But just yesterday I received an incredible piece of my baby Uriel from @helblindi!!!

OZXwRfH.png

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH :')

Also recently I received these pieces:
kd8CIJi.png

I love this style!!! by auau on Subeta!

tumblr_ojdtzvN0i51r6mupto1_500.png

by inky-lion.tumblr.com - I love him!!

A9rb6Xp.png

4amPHKe.png

by kirk and wicht at Subeta respectively <3

Whenever I have the funds, I commission artwork of my characters~

I play a pokemon website, and I can't tell you how often I'm broke af because I commission all the fair+ artists to draw my babs XD I also go looking for freebies when I can >.<

I got this from the lovely @Naresho in their thread.

I also constantly commission art of my Ticode...

There are several others that I have saved in my hard drive under "From Others", but I don't want to go digging through the best of them to show off, lol.

If/when I get a job, though, I'll most likely set aside some of my paychecks specifically for commissioning artwork from some people >.>;; (Such as @Black_Sheep on here, lol)

I don't commission writing stuff. If I want something typed up and I can't do it myself, I request help from my best irl friend, lol. (And she does the same when she needs artwork of her characters...)

Oh, I did commission someone this one time to get a plushie made of one of my characters. That is something I would love to do a lot more of~ Especially if I could get one of Hegashi as a large feral stuffed animal... (Imagine snuggling up with the four-tailed cutie to sleep at night~)

• Love
Reactions: RAIN.cloud
Whenever I have the funds, I commission artwork of my characters~

I play a pokemon website, and I can't tell you how often I'm broke af because I commission all the fair+ artists to draw my babs XD I also go looking for freebies when I can >.<

I got this from the lovely @Naresho in their thread.

I also constantly commission art of my Ticode...

There are several others that I have saved in my hard drive under "From Others", but I don't want to go digging through the best of them to show off, lol.

If/when I get a job, though, I'll most likely set aside some of my paychecks specifically for commissioning artwork from some people >.>;; (Such as @Black_Sheep on here, lol)

I don't commission writing stuff. If I want something typed up and I can't do it myself, I request help from my best irl friend, lol. (And she does the same when she needs artwork of her characters...)

Oh, I did commission someone this one time to get a plushie made of one of my characters. That is something I would love to do a lot more of~ Especially if I could get one of Hegashi as a large feral stuffed animal... (Imagine snuggling up with the four-tailed cutie to sleep at night~)

Hnnnnn my heart <3 omg
Thanks for the plug lol
Once I'm not broke af I may buy some art commissions. For now I'm working on selling to save up for better supplies and what not.

I do have a squishy little OC named Francis I wanna see in other people's styles so any suggestions would be nice :)

Reactions: Navuso
I used to do art trades here and there a couple years back. I've since stopped to spur myself into focusing on my own skills. It will also make it so I actually have references for other artists when I do quest for commissions again.

I was going to link to a few, but I feel so bashful with now. O///O I mean my characters are highly personal. You know? *hides*

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I get them every now and then; mostly for homebrewed MtG cards when I want consistent art of a recurring character. I don't get them often though, because the style/quality I go for is generally in the $120-200 range.

I've gotten three commissions for my characters (two paid, one free) because who doesn't love seeing art of their character? Then I've also brought a commission of one of my friends shipped with Thorin Oakenshield for their birthday, since they have a major lady boner for him.

I got a commission done once, for one of my favorite characters I've played yet. This is Neptune, whose bio and RP are linked in my signature.

dBEhovs.jpg

Reactions: Kagayours
I had an art-sempai I've loved the work for, for about 2 years, and when I was finally able to save up for a nice detailed picture, I definitely went for it. I have 0 regrets and I stare at it a LOT. I'm broke af tho so I don't get art often, unfortunately.

On terms of doing commissions FOR people, I've taken on 2, one of which I'm working on right now. Honestly, this kind of money would just filter right back into commissioning art for myself, lolol.

Status
Not open for further replies.