1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Horror, Dystopian, Scifi, Superhuman, Steampunk
Espresso, filter, drip, cold brew, iced, aeropress, or pour over?

French roast, italian roast, light or green?

Steamed milk or straight from the fridge? Or are you more of a plant milk person?

Starbucks or local roasters?

Syrups or flavored coffee beans? I hear of lavender-honey lattes today, and I'm still trying to work out if I'd like one or not :hmmm:

My husband is suuuuper into coffee, so we have a high end espresso machine, with an equally end end grinder. He doesn't judge me too much for using it to lake my hazelnut lattes and caramel mochas.

Tell me about your coffee addictions Iwaku! :D

source.gif

I wish I had the kitchen space for an espresso machine! O:

But for now I have a keurig (with a reusable filter) cause it's super easy to use for hot water and muh dad. I also have a french press, that I loooove for making both hot coffee and cold brew coffee! As well as a grinder to grind my own beans. O:

I love gettings beans from the Bones Coffee Company, but there's also this cute lil shop downtown that sells whole beans and I always get a sack there when we stop in.

I uuuused to need a ton of sugar in my coffee, but now it's NO SUGAR. Just heavy cream. At home anyway. If I go to a fancy shop, I'll take a chance on their espresso or lattes and hope they aren't tooo sweet. O:

... Can I still participate even if I don't drink coffee? 👀

I drink around 2-3 cups of tea a day! I really like black teas like earl grey, or anything with lavender. I also really like green tea though! Unfortunately since I like stuff fancy, I tend to overspend... (like 50$ every few months on looseleaf alone, haha.) I do support local though! There's a really great local tea shop that I get all my blends from.

I like putting milk in my tea. (I love milk tea, but that's a whole different thing that I spend too much money on... Curse you Gongcha and your delicious 6$ drinks...) I usually use almond milk!

I wish I had the kitchen space for an espresso machine! O:
Our current machine has a footprint of like 30x30cm for 'small apartment living'. Our first one was almost twice that size and weight... I bought it for myself while living away from Mr Absinthe and ended up having to haul this giant box on a tram system and then a bus and then up four flights of stairs because my apartment building's lifts were broken D:

It will probably tell you how good my french press game is/was ^ ^;

No shame in Keurigs, especially if you can get reusable pods! Also they are the best for single serve portions of hot water for muh hot chocolates :D

I never understood cream in coffee. I tried it once or twice when I was an a keto diet and just... nope.

... Can I still participate even if I don't drink coffee? 👀

I drink around 2-3 cups of tea a day! I really like black teas like earl grey, or anything with lavender. I also really like green tea though! Unfortunately since I like stuff fancy, I tend to overspend... (like 50$ every few months on looseleaf alone, haha.) I do support local though! There's a really great local tea shop that I get all my blends from.

I like putting milk in my tea. (I love milk tea, but that's a whole different thing that I spend too much money on... Curse you Gongcha and your delicious 6$ drinks...) I usually use almond milk!

As an Irish person, I'm also an obligate tea-drinker! Plain black tea usually, but a local tea shop makes the most amazing blends. A caramel-popcorn blend with oolong tea, and actual popcorn! :D

I always overbrew green tea, so I've stopped buying anything more expensive than Aldi's green tea... which is pretty good to be fair!

Milk tea is also an addiction of mine D: Luckily for me, a lot of the Asian supermarkets carry the pearls and ingredients to make it at home... because damn, they can be expensive to buy out!

*Sips the delicious brew I just made* Aaahh.. Euphoria.

Coffee doesn't wake me up; I wake up for coffee. That's one of the few joys of joining the living. That said, I'm a light brew kinda girl. I can drink medium roasts, but I largely prefer my coffee to be sweet with a hint of robustness, for which light brews work best for me. I've tried many different coffee brands. The only flavor from Starbucks I like is, of course, Pumpkin Spice (I was a fan before it became a trend! I started that bandwagon!). I don't go and get a latte though, I'd just buy the ground coffee and make it myself. Also, I buy ground coffee. Ain't nobody got time for grinding their own beans when they need that brew first thing. My current everyday coffee is Folger's Breakfast Blend (it really is the best part of waking up). I also use International Delight creamers. Straight from the fridge or room temperature - doesn't really matter. Plain or flavored milk? Ew. NO. No creamer? No coffee.

I used to have a Keurig, but it died after like a year, which is honestly ridiculous for how much they cost. Now, I use a simple pour-over cone and an electric kettle. It takes more time than the Keurig, but with basically no moving/mechanical parts that can break, it's guaranteed to work every time. I do have a regular coffee machine, but I find making a single cup at a time most favorable as compared to a whole pot. I don't believe in wasting coffee, so I would feel obligated to drink the entire pot if I made one.

omg Green Mountain makes a holiday coffee flavor, Cinnamon Sugar Cookie - I think, and it's. Chef's kiss. It only comes in a K-cup though, so I don't know how I'm going to go about it with the pour-over method. I guess I could just cut the cup open and pour the grounds in the cone, but I feel like that's just wasteful, not that K-cups aren't kinda wasteful in the first place but at that point I'm not even using the cup itself, so..