Coding Question

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

PekoPekoKaeru

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, futuristic, modern, slice of life, horror, thriller, romance
Hello, I just recently returned to Iwaku and people are doing really nice character profiles through coding. I have been trying really hard to code to make similar profiles, but I am having a real hard time with that.

I noticed some people saying you can use their layouts as long as you alter things and give them credit. How exactly do I use the layouts?

I'm sorry if this is a silly question. I am not entirely sure how all this coding stuff works. Any help is much appreciated

The easiest way to see the code another member used for their posts is to hit the reply button. This will bring up a copy of their message in the box, and if you hit the "Use BB Code Editor" button you'll be able to see the exact code they used on their posts. :) Just make sure to get rid of the [ quote ] code that will bracket both ends. You can then modify the relevant bits to make it look how you want.

Oh wow, thank you so much for your help!

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are going to be some users that don't want you to use their coding. I wouldn't take offense to it. It's just because users have shed a shit load of blood, sweat, and tears to figure something out and seeing someone just "rip" the coding to use for themselves after all that... it's kinda of a dick move.

But, yeah! Feel free to keep trying to code on your end and what not! The pay off is after so much pain and suffering from trying to get something right, and you see the result and like it... it's hella epic (least for me).

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are going to be some users that don't want you to use their coding. I wouldn't take offense to it. It's just because users have shed a shit load of blood, sweat, and tears to figure something out and seeing someone just "rip" the coding to use for themselves after all that... it's kinda of a dick move.

But, yeah! Feel free to keep trying to code on your end and what not! The pay off is after so much pain and suffering from trying to get something right, and you see the result and like it... it's hella epic (least for me).
Oh don't worry, I fully intend to check with everyone before using their codes unless it is stated somewhere on their post that I can or cannot use it. The ones I have seen say you can use the layout or to simply ask permission.

Reactions: Alibaba
Status
Not open for further replies.