Civil War Interest Check (Life in the South)

Was I too harsh?

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're Satan

• Damn conservative

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

young, scrappy, and hungry
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
12:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. (Central)
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Historical, Modern
Okay, so this is just an interest check, but this is what I have in mind.

Clearly this takes place in the south during the Civil War. I imagine that we'd start the RP about a month before the start of the war and with the secession of the Confederate States.

I would like for there to be a mix of characters and clearly not all the characters would be from the south. Once the Union began moving in then we would see more contact. My only rule dealing with "yankees" is that all of them must be male. It would be highly unlikely for a northern woman to be in the south during this time. As for southern characters, we need a mix of white males/females and black males/females.

I want this roleplay to go on for the duration of the war and possibly be set up into different chapters. Many things were happening in the south, so we can be creative. I want to discuss the plot with anyone who is interested. I don't have a set plot and really just want people to see the Civil War from a southerners perspective and how it effects us. So I'm going to straight up just say it, if you're a liberal I would probably not join this roleplay. Keep in mind this takes place during a very controversial time in the south and for the country. If you don't know anything about the Civil War then please don't join. I'm just being honest. I'm not trying to be harsh, but this is the reality of things. I want this to be as historically accurate as possible and stay true to the culture and customs of the south. If you understood any of what I just said then great!

I'm interested....could I possibly create an interesting Native American character?

I loved the Civil War topic!

Totally interested

Status
Not open for further replies.