Children of the Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amybri18

Original poster
NOTE: This is only roughly based of the book series. I haven't read enough to base it completely of the series (I've only read one book, the third one), so instead I've just used the same species from the book (Djinn and Mundanes) and kept the idea of blood-transfers. You do not need to know anything about the book to play this. Just thought I'd get that out there...

Hey guys! I recently finished reading the third book in a series called 'Children of the Lamp', and decided to create an RP based on that idea.

It's basically about genies, known as djinn, who live in the modern day world with humans, known as mundanes. These djinn are the Children of the Lamp, and have powers to create things if they wish to. As well as djinn and mundanes, there are angels, who mostly live as a homeless on the street. They have powers similar to that of a djinn, although they are stronger. There are also some people who are half and half (this part isn't in the book (except for parts of it, which are), but it is based of an idea in the third book), people who are in the middle of a blood-transfer to make them a different species. I'll explain the story line further in the actual RP, and give more information on the different species on the sign-up thread (if anybody's interested).

Now, a few guidelines...

1. This is an advanced RP. You should be able to post at least 3 paragraphs, with detail. Grammar and spelling mistakes should be few.
  2. Feel free to have more than one character, but no more than 5 please.
  3. I'm fine with romance, but any further than kissing is a no-go.
Other than that, please let me know if your interested! Thank you for reading.

I've never read the book, but this sounds like it would be interesting. I like it! ^^

Cool! If no one else is interested, we could always turn it into a 1x1?

Status
Not open for further replies.