OFFICIAL EVENT ChaRP! Witches Gone Wild - January Thursday the 7th @ 2pm to 5pm Central

Added to Calendar: 01-07-21

ARE YOU ATTENDING?


  • Total voters
    2

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female

WITCHES GONE WILD
THURSDAY JANUARY 7TH @ 2PM - 5PM CENTRAL TIME​

Welcome to the Windlewick College of Witchcraft! ...notorious party school. Look, they know they don't have the best of reputations, but what can you expect from an American college? At least they can boast a top tier education if you happen to be studying familiars, alchemy, and enchanting.

Students, faculty, and guest lecturers are right at the beginning of the new semester. But someone has the bright idea to throw an illegal bash down in the weird catacombs under the school. And as we know witches, something always goes terribly wrong.


EVENT INFO


WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: This is a "sequel" to The Witch's ball! Same universe but you don't have to be from the last one or play the same characters unless you want to. It's a modern setting where magic and supernatural is unknown to most of the world. You are most likely a witch or some sort of magical creature. You might be here for the party, you might be here to study or teach, you might be here to buy some mushrooms. The sky is the limit?

WHEN: JANUARY 7TH - THURSDAY @ 2PM CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 5PM.

WHERE: Join us in the WITCH'S BALL chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.



EASY CHARP TIPS!


Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
Name: Amelie Morganwg 1609116379780.png

Age: 17

Appearance: Disheveled, dresses in a hodge-podge of Bohemian, Renaissance/Fantasy, and Steampunk apparel and accessories. Sure it's the modern age, but hoodies and jeans are sooooooo boooooooorrriiiiing!

Personality: Eccentric and random at times, Amelie usually maintains a low-key deadpan demeanor. She greatly favors libraries over parties.

Background: Amelie was born into an old (some might say too old) magical family. The Morganwgs have been resting on their ancestral laurels for generations, but Amelie's parents and grandparents expect "great things" from her. Thus, she has proved to be something of a disappointment, since she has reached the age of 17 without acquiring a Familiar.

Their displeasure was compounded when she returned from the Witches' Ball without a Familiar. Her protestations that she had gotten one, sort of, before she set the poor guy free, were to no avail.

And so, instead of being sent off to some hoary, prestigious, exclusive magical institute of the sort Morganwgs were supposed to go to, Amelie found herself at Windlewick.

Talents: Alchemy, geomancy, ceremonial magic, creation of magical items

Weaknesses: Theurgy, combat magic, egregore creation, spirit work
 
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Loveless

Loveless

With an ever-bleeding heart...
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
One post per day, Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10 AM to 12 PM (BRT)
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female, Nonbinary, Agender, No Preferences
Genres
I'm mostly used to Modern-Fantasy and things with some level of Slice of Life to them, though I'm willing to try anything even dice RP. I do think my fight scenes read a bit odd though, it's a work in progress... I also have a penchant for Comedy.
Name: Lydia Senneck

Age: 13
Gender: Female
Date Of Birth: February 5th
Sexuality: Asexual
Race: Witch

Personality: Once a cheerful child, Lydia was plunged into the world of politics and adults as soon as she could understand it despite wanting nothing to do with it. Watching the adults conflicts every new meeting and expected to be in that place, calling the shots one day, the little witch picked up traits from her parents, adopting an air of distant, cold rationality, but also underlying tones of shyness and melancholy at the loss of innocence and a proper childhood. Deep down she's still a child and no amount of studies, training and examples will change that, which is especially noticeable at the face of failure and regret. Lydia doesn't want to be the serious decision-making person, but it is the image that is highly expected of her, coming with a layer of distrust and intimidation that often backfires into misunderstanding.

As a protective response, Lydia will stand up mightily against pranksters, bullies and just about anyone invading her personal space and making her uncomfortable, taking upon herself the antics of her father, threatening others to stay away, when in actuality she's just scared. Get past that initial layer, however, and you have a rather loyal, slightly bratty child with a sweet, excitable core. Lydia highly prizes friendship and will get attached to those whose company she enjoys to the point of following them to locations she doesn't actually wants to go; She just likes their company!
Despite the amount of stress that comes from being the heir of the Senneck family, Lydia still nurtures a great pride over it, and will not tolerate her heritage being made fun or being badly spoken of.

Magic: Without the grimoire (or a really serious situation), solely an assortment of base-level lightning and fire magic, plus the ability to randomly create objects out of thin air. Objects may or may not be what she had in mind. Her staff is enchanted to serve as an enhancer, making the user capable of huge magical feats with less effort than normal, it may also be mounted and used as a broom for traveling.

Likes:
  • Fluffy things;
  • Cats (not so much Maeret);
  • Tea;
  • Sweets;
  • Shooting stars;
  • Watching the night sky;
  • Making friends;
  • Reading;
  • Logic puzzles.

Dislikes:
  • Being ridiculed;
  • Maeret's difficult nature;
  • Having her personal space invaded;
  • People who don't have a serious side at all;
  • Being talked to with the 'child' voice;
  • Being underestimated;
  • Failing really badly at stuff;
  • Animal cruelty.

Background: The Senneck wizardry family is based on a settlement in northern Britain and responsible for establishing what is referred to as a new world order in the region. After the practice of witch-hunting had died out having forced all magical practitioners into hiding or to abandon their craft altogether, a decision had to be made, either the remaining covens and members excluded themselves even further from society living a life detached from all progress or they changed some of the practices and attempted a level of compromise by secretly helping from the shadows instead. Sticking with the final option and with much effort, new rules of witchcraft had been created and long laborious deals stricken with religious parties who weren't as intent on their complete annihilation as others seemed to be. The result was the complete separation of witchcraft from those considered satanical practices, such as deals with demons and sacrifices, and the permission to remain in the cities as long as there would be provided services for the betterment of society on the church's orders. Demons and similar creatures that stuck to their old ways became the enemies of the witches and warlocks of the new order and despite their service under official notice, those deeds were to remain a complete secret 'till the end of time. Officially, there were no more magic users and all magical mishaps were promptly covered up and dealt with by the newly established council.

Lydia is the current heir of the family at the lead of said council, her parents being the current heads and crucial to solving practically everything magic-related that comes to them as a complaint, be it dealing with creatures, helping their members ease into the new order of things or banding the whole coven together against an individual rejecting said order. A lot of it is backstage politics and answering questions as to what is allowed and what is not, which Lydia knows it's very important but also thinks it's incredibly boring. All the other coven kids that also get dragged with their parents into these meetings seem to agree with her. Exceptional in her studies, Lydia has the same understanding of the schools of magic, casting manners and general behavior as a college student may, having a notable capacity for logically chaining ideas and impressive response-time at the face of adversity. Despite such an impressive track record that has allowed her to pass grades in a flash, Lydia has a fondness of the more basic spells over anything else, on the basis that unless it is a real emergency, there's no need for anything too destructive and it's more challenging that way.

She carries a rather thick black-covered grimoire filled with never-tried spells that were chosen and copied over by her parents and therefore rarely read. Maeret is also responsible for this, having hidden the book way too many times and acting as its 'guardian'. An incredibly whimsical guardian that would rather wait for the right time than to obey the girl's commands. Windlewick was actually her own pick, faaaar away from the world of politics and seriousness as a way to postpone the inevitable. She still wanted to learn something though, maybe she should have thought this through a little better...

Familiar: Maeret, a golden-eyed, black tom-cat. His personality is, well, very cat-like and can be described as lazy and stubborn, yet loyal and caring. In the Senneck family, familiars are either animal guardian spirits, the reincarnation of an ancestor or a whole new existence amalgamated from those passed loved ones and to be highly respected and taken as mentors to the young witches. It is different every generation, tailored to the person, or persons in the case of siblings, and may either be named by their companions or choose their own name, which will then be magically relayed in some way. Maeret chose his own, carved on the very floor he stood upon as if he owned the place.
He will rarely listen to anything Lydia says, acting on an agenda of his own, as if secretly planning something that is never clear, sometimes not even upon completion. Albeit it either not being able to speak or simply not doing so at all, Lydia has been with him enough to have an idea of his thoughts by the tone of meows and body-language. His whimsical antics annoy her infinitely, to the point she often refers to it as 'useless cat' and similars; Maeret doesn't mind it, he's too prideful to care.

Other: Lydia is a vegetarian and has an eidetic memory to anything she's ever read or seen. She can also play the recorder but hasn't had the instrument in hands for a while.

Concept definitely not inspired by Yukari from Rosario+Vampire with a dash of Klaus from A Series of Unfortunate Events, nope, I don't know what you're talking about. It's also been through a couple of bare-bones versions until I settled for world-building around it about a year ago.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zarko Straadi

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
This is todaaaaay!
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk

  • Diana Diana :
    WELCOME TO WITCHES GONE WILD!


    Today at 12:25 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    This setting is a modern world where most people have no idea supernatural exists in secret. Witches at a witch college are having an illegal keg party. It's social fun!


    Today at 12:26 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    IMPORTANT: Type fast, type brief. We only have three hours to play! If you take too long to write, you'll miss out. If you type too much, people can't skim your post fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences or less. Don't worry about typos!


    Today at 12:27 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    HOT TIP: Write your character's name in the first sentence of each post. You can also make use of bbcode color to help differentiate your posts from others.


    Today at 12:28 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those, because they're helping guide the story and giving you hints on what to do next.


    Today at 12:28 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    My roleplays are ALWAYS newbie friendly! Don't worry about mistakes or getting lost. I am in the main chat if you need any help!


    Today at 12:29 PM


  • Diana Diana :
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:29 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    It's midnight at the collage and all through the halls, not a witch was stirring, not even familiars with claws. But down in the basement well below the school, a bunch of young witch's have grog in a big pool. One drink of this brew and you'll soar to new heights, but enough of this nonsense, time to party on all night!


    Today at 12:58 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Do we have to?" Amelie said as her roommate dragged her by the hand down to the catacombs for the big party. "Come oooooon!" her roommate replied. "It'll be fun. You know, fun?" Amelie rolled her eyes. At least she had a good book in her handbag of holding.


    Today at 1:05 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "I brought the cookies," the old lady from the library announced as she arrived. She didn't look like she brought the cookies, but anyone who knew Judith knew that she always had cookies, especially when it seemed like she didn't. Nobody even knew what she practiced, but she worked in the library, wasn't a professor, and liked attending parties as the Bringer Of Cookies. It didn't hurt that when a party got busted before, she whipped out a glowing excuse to be there—the students were going to find a way to party anyway, someone should be on their side to make sure the party was safe.


    Today at 1:06 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    After not being able to yeet his familiar back into the pit which it came, Porter Hart had carried on mostly like normal. His familiar was still insisting that he'd cheated on his boyfriend but Porter had given up trying to say differently; in fact he was almost starting to believe it himself. It was a strange feeling, being unsure of your own actions. So at the promise of a party he had gone for drinking and forgetting. Which was where he was, sipping grog out of a plastic cup before it melted it. He was lanky and tall with a messy blond mohawk and a nose ring and his dragon-dog familiar was not in evidence.


    Today at 1:08 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Who ever planned this party did a banging good job. There were black lights set up everywhere, party shrooms, and bottomless belly dances- wait. Who signed off on that? Put your pants back on!


    Today at 1:10 PM


  • The Mood is Write:
    Judith carried herself over to the snack table and frowned. "There isn't nearly enough space here for the cookies," she muttered, then shoved an array of veggies almost off the table before she started pulling huge platters piled high with cookies from who-knew-where. She had not one of these, but four, and placed each on the table without reserve. There were all sorts, and the only thing absent were peanut butter recipes. The plastic table sagged a little by the time she finished.


    Today at 1:10 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Amelie noticed a familiar face (though not a familiar face from the Familiar farce in Australia--the guy with the dragon-dog familiar, though the latter was not present, apparently. "Oi," she said to Porter, "things working out any better with you and your familiar?"


    Today at 1:16 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Eh? What's this in my coat?" Judith asked suddenly. Her voice, mostly drowned out by the music, held surprise. She removed her cardigan and shook it out, only for a young librarian assistant to fall out. "Oh! Eric! What were you doing in there?"


    Today at 1:19 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    For some musty old catacombs under the school, everything smelled delightfully sweet and spicy. Incense sticks were burning at random corners, along with lovely scented candles. One of the students had set up a DJ booth where they were currently spinning some remixes of dance songs. They're not very skilled, but most of the party attendees were already sloshed and didn't care.


    Today at 1:20 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Eric groaned from the floor. His head throbbed, and he looked up to spot Judith. "What...?" He looked around, and quickly realized this was a party. "Oh... Hnn..." He gripped his head and slowly got up. "Miss Judith? Where... is this?"


    Today at 1:20 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Amelie heard a thump and thought it might just be somebody passing out, when she heard the name 'Eric,' glanced over, and did a double-take. It couldn't possibly be a coincidence, could it? "Speaking of familiars...excuse me a sec," she said, then headed over to Eric. "I'm sure I'm the last person you'd want to see, but welcome to Windlewick School of Witchcraft," she deadpanned.


    Today at 1:26 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    "Oh! Hello again Amelie," Porter said with a wave of the cup. "And no, which is why he's staying in my room. Oh, look." Porter watched the librarian shake the new assistant out of her cardigan. "That's new." He said and downed the rest of the grog and went back for more because well, it wasn't the grog that was the problem. It was just the world around him. Magic brought more trouble than it was worth most of the time.


    Today at 1:28 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Eric blinked, then looked at the source of the familiar voice, eyes wide. "Amelie?" he greeted, unsure how he remembered her name now of all times. "Um... so... before wasn't a dream?" He looked like a deer in headlights.


    Today at 1:29 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "Who is ready for a SPEEEEEELLL BAAAATTLLLEEEEEE!" Shouted a young man wearing nothing but a kilt, a vest, and some heavy fur boots. "STEP UP, STEP UP! LET'S SEE WHO IS THE GREATEST SPELLCASTER OF ALL!" He marched across a long table, waving around a baguette. No one bothered to tell him that wasn't his wand.


    Today at 1:30 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Oh, you two have met?" Judith asked. "Eric moved here recently and has been working at the mundane library. I go there sometimes... But Eric, how did you get into my coat? It's not suitable for people."


    Today at 1:30 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Nope. But hey, at least you said 'dream' instead of 'nightmare.' Are you OK?" Amelie replied.'


    Today at 1:31 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "I... yeah. I... wasn't expecting to meet again, especially in... a strange party." He flinched at the sudden shout and stared at the young man with the baguette, eyes wide.


    Today at 1:31 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Amelie glanced over at the source of the shout. "Don't worry, he's harmless as long as we're not in the Alchemy lab." She positioned herself so she could keep an eye on him and any "spell battles" out of the corner of her eye. "You might wanna be ready to turn away when he gets knocked on his arse. He's pretty sure to be wearing that kilt properly."


    Today at 1:38 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Ew," Eric said before he could think. "I... I mean, I'll keep that in mind."


    Today at 1:39 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Maybe a cookie would help him calm down about the spell battles, nobody likes those these days anyway." Judith grabbed several of the guy's favorite cookies and walked over to the drunken witch boy. "Sweetie, come down, don't you want a cookie?"


    Today at 1:40 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Proper indeed, as their host in a kilt wasn't shy about kicking his legs up and showing off his never valley. "OY! I'LL START US OFF WITH A DISPLAY MOST IMPRESSIVE!" He flourished his baguette and recited a spell. Of course, anyone who knew their spells could immediately tell her said the last few words wrong. His creature of the deep came out more like crocodile of the damned.


    Today at 1:42 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Amelie rolled her eyes. Sure, the guy liked to go around in a kilt all the time, but he couldn't get his Old Gaelic incantations right to save his life. Thank Goddess he's not using ancient Egyptian, or he might have gotten Ammit the Devourer to show up, she thought.


    Today at 1:49 PM

  • Astaroth:
    Despite what some people might have believed, Solomon wouldn't have been at this party at all if it weren't for his meddling cousin and her idea that he studied too much and her highly irresponsible use of potions in his tea. As it was, the young wizard was under the influence of something much more dangerous than alcohol---but blessedly Margo had the forethought to glamour his green eyes to blue and his spiky blond hair to black before dumping him into the deep end and letting him swim free. He made a pit stop at the grog pool to toss back a gobletful, then locked eyes on the nearest person. "I'm really sorry about this," he said, before grasping them by the chin and leaning in to plant a very spicy kiss (with just a hint of tongue) on his hapless captive.


    Today at 1:59 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Amelie turned back to Eric. "So, uh...welcome back to the world of magic and mystery, I guess."


    Today at 2:01 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    So our hapless captive definitely was Porter Hart with his stupid mohawk and gangly limbs and his sulkiness because he was practically standing guard over the grog at this point with all the refilling of his cup he was doing. He was still... so mad. "What?" He managed to splutter, confusion on his face before he was kissed! Once the kiss was over, Porter totally reared back and punched towards the guy. Straight in the face! "The hell?"


    Today at 2:04 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    "WHOOOOOOOOOOF!" Went the guy in the kilt amongst a bunch of whoops and hollers over the kiss-n-punch. So distracted by these shenanigans was he and other party goers, that no one seemed to notice the pool of grog was beginning to boil.


    Today at 2:07 PM

  • Astaroth:
    Solomon was socked right in the face. Understandably so. Clutching at his nose, he grabbed onto the closest thing to keep from falling over---which also happened to be Porter's arm. "I'm sorry! I was Com--" Compelled, was what he was trying to say, but his throat closed up in the middle of the word and it turned into a wheezing cough. Goddammit, Margo!


    Today at 2:08 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "This... this seems uh... pretty wild," Eric managed as he watched a punch and more dancing and... so damn much. "No uh... demons this time?" he asked after a moment.


    Today at 2:09 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Nah. As long as Ammit the Devourer hasn't started answering to Old Gaelic, we'll be fine. You want some gr..." that's when Amelie noticed that the grog was bubbling in a way that it really shouldn't. So either someone had spiked it with Aqua Regia, or Fergus MacDingus had actually managed to cast some kind of spell using a loaf of bread as a wand and a botched incantation.


    Today at 2:14 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    What if his boyfriend saw?! ... Ex-boyfriend. Ex. Porter made an exasperated noise. This was why no one believed him that he wasn't a cheater! He debated shaking the strange young man a bit but changed his mind. "... I spilled my drink. Get me another one and we'll call it even with the liberties you just took." He huffed and shoved the empty plastic cup at Solomon with a pouty expression. There was grog all down his shirt and pants, bright green and staining. "Well, I never liked this shirt anyway."


    Today at 2:14 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Why is uh... the punch boiling?" Eric asked as he followed her gaze.


    Today at 2:16 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Harris!" Judith called with a laugh, "Come have a few cookies!" She held a cookie up to him, one that looked bigger than any of the ones she'd grabbed from the tray. She didn't know if she even got his name right!


    Today at 2:17 PM

  • Astaroth:
    "It's not a bad look." The words fell out of his mouth all on their own. Solomon winced, cursing inwardly, and then turned toward the grog pool... only to notice the roiling surface. "Maybe something other than punch!" He took a step back, tugging Porter with him to a respectful distance.


    Today at 2:18 PM

  • Astaroth:
    *grog


    Today at 2:19 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Just as Solomon and Porter backed away, a very large, very green, very croc-esque nose peeped out from the boiling grog -- and snorted fire -- which incidentally also caught the entire grog pool on fire.


    Today at 2:21 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    "Yes, because bright green stains are always in fashion!" Porter huffed and then tried to shake off Solomon only to stare at the boiling grog. "Huh... Well, that is a thing, isn't it?" He stepped back with Solomon just in time to see the nose and then...fire. "... Oh balls. Would you look at that?! What a mess! Oi! You ass-face two-bit lizard! I was drinking that!"


    Today at 2:22 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "That's grog. The punch happened next to it. And grog isn't supposed to boil." Amelie said. "Come on, let's get some distance," she said, taking Eric's hand to lead him away from the grog bowl. "Oh no, you didn't..." she said at the sight of the crocodilian nose.


    Today at 2:22 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "What the..." Eric scooted away from the grog quickly with Amelie, eyes wide.


    Today at 2:29 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Fwoosh! The sound of fire caught Judith's ears, and she looked over at the grog. "Oh dear, not this again," she muttered. "Crocodile of the Damned, do you want some cookies?" she asked as she moved nearer, but not near enough that it could reach her easily as she made her offering.


    Today at 2:30 PM

  • Astaroth:
    Apparently Solomon had gotten away with that one, at least, but more pressing at the moment than Margo's *poisoning* him was the fire-breathing crocodile clambering out of the grog. He'd arrived too late to connect the dots to the baguette-waving drunkard's botched spellwork, but he knew better than to get too close to it. That was an incredibly rare specimen--and not particularly friendly, either. He held up a hand, fingers poised to snap. "Anybody bring a pet to the party by any chance?"


    Today at 2:32 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The mega-sized jaw now out of the firepit of grog open and snapped shut so quickly it echoed throughout the underground basements and over the terrible DJ music. If there was a plate of cookies, there were long gone into it's stomach now. "Oh shit! Uh, hold on, I got this!" Shouted the kilt-wearing idiot with a baguette. He tried reciting a different spell, and needless to say, it too was a bit garbled. He was beyond drunk, what did anyone expect.


    Today at 2:33 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    "No! Henry is grounded!" Porter shouted, not even thinking that this -stranger- wouldn't know who Henry was! "And I don't have my wand or my spell book and why oh why is all the grog gonnnnnne?" He was so mad! "I'm going to punch it in its stupid reptile face!" Porter stomped forward, rolling up his sleeves! He managed to thump it square on it's snoot. "Get out of the drink! You bargain-bin reject!"


    Today at 2:37 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The crocodile opened it's jaws wider and wider, wide enough to swallow up Porter whole, And even moved forward to do just that!


    Today at 2:46 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Judith shoved Porter away from the croc with a sigh. "Enough of that!" She waited for its jaws to snap shut before she wrapped her cardigan around its snout. Their closing strength was immense, but opening strength? Not so much!


    Today at 2:49 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Eric grabbed at Amelie and started toward the door, eyes wide with some good old-fashioned fear.


    Today at 2:50 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Woooaah. Bad idea," Amelie said. "Excuse me," she said to Eric, "I need to try something before Porter gets eaten. She stepped a bit closer toward the scene of the action, but still staying back out of reach. "A'a Ammit, A sia..." bugger, what's 'your?'' Forgot, hope it's not too important. "...ren en ma'at. Uh...[coughcough] en hetep..." Then the creature surged out of the...well, whatever it was coming through, and revealed itself to be a proper crocodile rather than the patchwork Egyptian soul-eating deity she'd thought it might be. But then, those Egyptian gods had a way of shape-shifting a lot. And I didn't even think about Sokar...


    Today at 2:50 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    When Eric grabbed her and started to pull her away, Amelie said, "Yeah, good idea."


    Today at 2:51 PM

  • Astaroth:
    "Be careful you idiot!" This guy was evidently a lot drunker than Solomon had realized! With a snap of his fingers, he teleported Porter across the room just as Judith shoved him away. He wasn't on his best game and so Porter ended up crashing into the refreshments table and knocking cookies everywhere. "Ah, fuck. Sorry! Are you alright?" Another snap and Solomon was next to him, checking to see if the man was injured.


    Today at 2:53 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    Once the croc was out of the burning grog pool in all it's glory, ping~! The kilt-wearing witch's second spell went off, giving the crocodile one swell party hat. It was about the size of a moose and very quick about snatching up things for dinner. Someone's dog familiar vanished into it's mouth.


    Today at 2:55 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Judith sighed and jumped onto its head, wrapping her arms tight around its snout. "Someone prepare a banishment spell!" she called.


    Today at 2:56 PM

  • Diana Diana :
    The sweater was too weak to hold it's jowels shut. Yarn went everywhere.


    Today at 2:56 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    Porter had been woman-handled and then spell-handled and then man-handled! "I could have fought it!" The mohawk wearing idiot shouted from his prone position in the middle of a pile of spilled cookies. "I wanted to fiiiiiight it. Or let it eat me. Fuck." Porter just slumped into the cookies with an entirely inappropriate sigh. "Good job with the party hat, Mister kilt!" Porter shouted and then ate a cookie because it seemed reasonable at the moment. "That thing is huge. Also, it's legs are too long. It's noooot right. I don't think it's really a crocodile."


    Today at 2:57 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    The sweater reformed on Judith, too attached to her to simply die. Such was the way of witchery.


    Today at 2:57 PM

  • Astaroth:
    Reassured that Porter was fine, Solomon stood up and snapped a glowing golden rope into his hands. "You're not in any condition to fight. Stay put!" Raising his voice, he called to the rest of partygoers circling the crocodile, "Don't hurt it! It's an endangered species!"


    Today at 3:03 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Amelie turned to Eric as she followed him toward the door. "Um, Eric, I might be able to activate your demon form in a pinch, but I don't want to do it without your permission. I'm pretty rubbish at the kind of magic needed for dealing with entities like this, but your demon form is actually pretty badass."


    Today at 3:06 PM

  • CarnelianUndead:
    "You're an endangered species." Porter grumbled and stood back because well, he was unable to do what he was told. Ever. He wobbled a bit. The grog was really hitting him now. "I so want to punch it... " He said. "Rude."


    Today at 3:07 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Judith grunted as she kept her grip, then looked around, "Solomon! Get everyone out of here!" she called, "Then teleport me out once everyone else is safe!"


    Today at 3:09 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Um! Demon form...!" Eric stared. "What demon form?" he asked quietly.


    Today at 3:10 PM

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "You have a demon form," Amelie said. "I guess you don't remember what happens when you're it it? Short version, it's a lot bigger than you are, which is how you ended up, you know, at the Witches' Ball." She didn't want to say 'naked' in hopes that anyone who might overhear wouldn't give Eric any grief later.


    58 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    The croc seemed to think Solomon was playing a game of... well. Eat the person closest to it. Bouncing strangely on it's damned legs, it began to circle Solomon the way he was circling it. Swishing it's mighty tail and knocking the daylights out of anyone that was dumb enough to get in the way. Kilt-guy's table got upturned and he went flying across the room to land on the DJ's setup, which then triggered some incredibly disturbing goth music that sounded hellish indeed.


    58 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    Well, at least it wasn't eating people, with Judith wrapped around its snout! Arms and legs both gripped the thing's jaw to keep it shut. "Hurry, Solomon!" she urged.


    55 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Oh..." Eric stared at the thing. "Um... Maybe for now just get people out of the room and close the door for now...?"


    55 minutes ago

  • Astaroth:
    Solomon panicked for a moment upon hearing his name, but he might have known Judith would see through his glamour. At least he could count on the librarian not to go to the press. He was about to follow her orders when the crocodile started to stalk him. "Fuck!" he swore, tossing the glowing rope toward it. The strand of magic wrapped around the crocodile's snout, the glow brightening as it tightened and the croc's scales began to sizzle and crackle as it strained against the bindings. Grabbing Porter, he backed towards the door. "Everyone *move!*"


    55 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    That croc started trying to buck Judith off like it was some sort of wild horse! Once that rope went around it's snoot, it went even more buck-wild and shot off through the room and down one of the catacombs halls, not caring a bit if it drug Solomon after it.


    54 minutes ago

  • CarnelianUndead:
    Of course Solomon had one hand on Porter when the croc had taken off so that meant that Porter was now part of the party streamer that was flowing after the rampaging Damned prehistoric beasty. Porter was very surprised by this and by the fact that it was -Solomon- under that dark hair and who had kissed him. Life was weird. He wished he could have more grog but instead he was torn between laughter and yelling. "Let go!"


    48 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Silent night, darknest night, stop this silly creature's flight!" Judith chanted, aiming to disable its legs as she held on tight.


    46 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Right," Amelie said. "I'd only do it if we got backed into a corner and had no other choice, but I wanted to ask first, before we got in that situation." Though Judith and the other guy--Solomon, she called him?--didn't exactly have things in hand, they both seemed more capable at dealing with giant long-legged crocodiles than she was. "Maybe a sleep elixir..." she said to herself. Ducking behind a pillar with Eric, she knelt and started reaching into her handbag of holding, pulling out exotic glassware and vials of various substances that should not have been able to fit inside. She conjured a flame for her burner, then started measuring, mixing, and boiling...


    44 minutes ago

  • Astaroth:
    "I can't, it'll eat Judith!" Solomon shouted back. "You let go!" He pulled harder on the rope of magic, causing it to crackle louder.


    43 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "What are you doing?" Eric asked, eyes wide.


    43 minutes ago

  • CarnelianUndead:
    "It's going to eat -you-! Dummy!" Porter shouted, trying to shake Solomon off the rope but failing. Instead all he managed to do was accidentally let go and go flying backwards into a wall a crunching thud noise before slumping to the ground, completely out of it.


    39 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Making a sleep elixir. No guarantees it'll work on a Crocodile of the Damned," Amelie said, "but I'm a lot better at this than combat magic and the whole summoning, banishing, and working with Entities thing. I'm sorry you keep getting dragged into this."


    39 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Oh... That... that's smart," Eric muttered. "I... I'll try to get people out of here. Which way will get people to safety, do you think?"


    35 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Down that hallway and to the right, there's a spiral staircase that leads up to the school...if it's going deosil instead of widdershins...it changes sometimes...um, clockwise, send people up if it's going clockwise. I don't know where it goes if it's going counter-clockwise, sorry, I'm new here." Amelie poured her finished product into a bulbous flask of thick glass and firmly put a stopper in. Then she set the flask on the burner to evaporate the fluid into a gas.


    31 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "What?" It didn't make sense, but he repeated the directions, then hurried to the party and began to try to get people going.


    24 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    The massive croc could've made Porter's dreams come true had the man not let go. For her skuttled all the way back towards the burning pool of grog with Judith on his back and Solomon on a rope.


    23 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Wish me luck," Amelie said as she headed off in search of the crocodile. "Heeeer crocky crocky crocky..." she said, heading off in to the direction she'd seen it go, holding her flask by the neck in one hand, her flying-mirror in the other. Just as she reached the wrecked party room, she saw the beast emerge from the hallway it had ran down, with Judith still holding on for dear life, and Solomon in tow. "Aqua Noctis," she said, holding up the flask, hoping the two witches would understand what she had, and the crocodile wouldn't, so they could hold their breath if she needed to use it. But then, maybe it was just trying to get back where it came from?


    18 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    Judith hurriedly jumped off and grabbed at Solomon. "Banishment spell!" She urged. "Croc night croc flight, return to your home tonight!" Then, she held her breath.


    18 minutes ago

  • Astaroth:
    Like Judith, Solomon held his breath, letting go of the rope and putting an arm around the witch as he scrambled to clear the area.


    15 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Amelie threw her flask at the stone floor near the crocodile's nose. The glass shattered, releasing a cloud of evaporated sleeping potion.


    15 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Like the others, she held her breath and backed away.


    14 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    With Judith's spell, the grog fueled flames leapt ever higher, opening up a portal to where the croc belonged. Then with Amelie's potion, the sleeping fog quickly put the beast to sleep before it could skuttle through. A shadow slipped out of the portal. But just a shadow. Nothing to worry about.


    14 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    With the spells p


    13 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    Pull, the croc went through.


    12 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Whew!" Judith sighed. "Let's clean up before the other faculty show up."


    12 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "What was that?" Amelie said, a hint of nervousness in her voice at the sight of the shadow slipping through the portal before the beast was pulled back through to wherever it came from. "We should make MacDingus do the work, it's his mess. Give him a Haste spell if you have to..."


    11 minutes ago

  • Astaroth:
    "Has anyone seen Porter?" asked Solomon, running a hand through his glamour-darkened hair and looking around with concern. "He fell. Shit. I'd better go find him. ...Someone tell Drusilla about her dog."


    8 minutes ago

  • Diana Diana :
    "Dude," said the kilted party host. "This party was LIT." And indeed, with all that fire, the party was very lit. And with Judith's help, no one on the higher faculty ever discovered something went down. ..but now hidden in the shadows of the college, something lurked. And waited. THE END FOR NOW.
 
  • Thank
Reactions: Diana