ChaRP Event: The Juil Boar Caravan - JUNE 4th @ 12PM Central Time

ARE YOU ATTENDING?


  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
THE JUIL BOAR CARAVAN
June 4th @ 12PM Noon Central Time​

Imanuil is a land that has been torn asunder by a terrible techomancy war. Once a single grand united empire of countries, the majority of the center half of the continent has become a massive fallout zone. Weapons of science and magic have created dangerous creatures and strange anomalies that've made these former countries uninhabitable for over a hundred years. Most who wish to travel go the long way around, either by sticking outside of the borders or sailing around the continent via the sea as even trying to fly over the Zone can be perilous.

For many, they simply can't afford that lengthy of a journey, or have reasons why they need to avoid traditional roads. These people enlist the help of Caravans to safely guide them through the fallout zone. Going through alone could mean almost certain death, so traveling in a group comes with advantages. But if you're not careful about who you hire, you might end up robbed and left for dead in the Zone.

You are a traveler and you've paid your fee to join the Juil Boar Caravan. They seem to have a good reputation, despite the fact they looked like a bunch of mercenaries. You are two days into your trip and there's still another week to traverse, so be prepared to spend many more evenings in your wagon, vehicle, or on the ground under the stars. Hopefully you brought food, because hunting and straying too far from the caravan is not recommended. Remember: The Juil Boars are paid to protect the caravan and guide them through the Zone, not chase after missing idiots!


EVENT INFO


WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You can be a trader, a refugee, anything you can dream up! For some reason, risking your life was worth it over taking the longer route to where ever you're headed. This setting is SCIENCE FANTASY. Think a heavy fantasy world with a focus on magic and nature, that also developed and evolved technology. Like a planet you might see on Star Wars but without aliens of space travel, or even the aesthetic in the recent SHE-RA series! And yes! You can play magical creature races like elves or goblins or anything in between!

WHEN: JUNE 4TH - THURSDAY @ 12PM NOON CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 3PM.

WHERE: Join us in the JUIL BOARD CARAVAN CHAT ROOM. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ADVENTURE ROLEPLAY WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where your characters may be in danger and will have to try to survive. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.



EASY CHARP TIPS!


Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
I will be GMing and NPCing the Juil Caravan mercs, buuuut if I make an actual character, I will post it here. O:< my spot. mine. first
 
Last edited:

CoffeeCake

"Are you asking me why people eat potatoes?"
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
No such thing
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female, Agender, Primarily Prefer Female
This might be the last time I'm available on a weekday for a chat RP for a while. I'm jumping in. Female. Somebody who's a fighter. Probably not the main one, but either a bodyguard or a scout. A dudette. I'm kind of tired of playing dudes and non-fighters at the moment.

Let's do this!

\o/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diana

AnxiousEnby

I’m a sensitive crybaby 👉🏻👈🏻🥺
Invitation Status
Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Nonbinary, Transgender, Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern | Fantasy | Horror
Okay, Im going to be here! im inspired by She-ra so im probably going to be a neko type creature!
Will post a character sheet when im more available
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
CHARP IS TODAAAAAAY.
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
1591281507329.jpeg

Name: Clary Starchaser
Age: 23
Gender Identity: Bisexual
Profession: Salvager | Smuggler | Mechanic
Personality: Clary is a loner with a gruff, stoic exterior that hides deep inner pain.

Bio:
Clary was born into the Starchaser Combine, a semi-nomadic culture of free spirits who get by as salvagers, adventurers, card sharps, traveling performers, smugglers, and other dubious professions best practiced by those who don't stay in one place for too long. When she was 16, the time came for her Quest, a coming-of-age rite in which a group of initiates goes into the Zone to find and retrieve something of value to contribute to the Combine.

Clary's group found a worthy prize indeed, a hoverskiff in nearly perfect condition. Clary was the best mechanic, so she set to work trying to get the vehicle working so they could make their escape back to safety. She was nearly finished, when she heard screams and weapon discharges coming from her compatriots. By the time she was able to crawl out of the engine compartment, sixgun at the ready, the others were already brutally maimed and beyond saving. Standing over their dying bodies was an eldrich fiend with several shriveled heads that floated over its body, attached by heavy iron chains: the Barrowman. Clary emptied her gun to no effect. The Barrowman taunted her. "Pity. If only you had worked a little faster, I might not have reached you in time. You will not die with these others. When the time is right, your head will float with these..." it said, before dissolving into a tangle of oily smoke.

Clary was able to finish repairs on the skiff and return from the Zone, but she could not bring herself to claim her membership in the Combine. Since then, she's taken dangerous transport jobs, smuggling runs, heists and various capers against people who deserve misfortune, on behalf of those who don't.


Clary's hoverskiff, the Golden Fox:

1591281278487.png

The hoverskiff uses superconducting electromagnets to ionize air underneath the vehicle and swirl it into toroidal vortices that generate ground-effect lift like a hovercraft, but without the limitations of a hovercraft's physical skirts. The Golden Fox can also fly, but that uses up the energy of its fuel cells much faster than its standard mode of travel.

Themes:



Extra: Clary will accept passengers and cargo in need of a fast skiff to get through the Zone.
 
Last edited:

Childish Grumpino

"...before turning the gun on himself."
DONATING MEMBER

Rik'ykuk ("Rik")
Goblin Scavenger/"Inventor"
- Smells of sulfur and explosives residue
- Has probably already nearly de-railed the caravan by causing some manner of explosion/energy discharge
- Armed with an energy cannon taller than he is
- No he doesn't know how it works exactly, stop asking questions it's awesome
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Zarko Straadi

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
Is that a HeroForge character?
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
TODAY'S CHARP BEGINS N O W.
 

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day, 1-3 posts per day, One post per day, Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female, No Preferences
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
YOU WANT LOGS? WE GOT LOGS!

  • Diana Diana :
    WELCOME TO THE JUIL BOAR CARAVAN, HERE ARE SOME QUICK CHARP TIPS~
    Today at 12:31 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Make sure your character name is in each post, preferably near the beginning somewhere!
    Today at 12:32 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Keep your posts SHORT and try to post quickly. If you write a long post, it'll be harder for other players to read it and respond fast enough.
  • Diana Diana :
    Keep in mind that actions have consequences for characters! They can and will be in danger!
    Today at 12:34 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Game master posts appear in this bolded yellow text so you can easily spot it. Pay attention to those because t h i n g s are happening.
    Today at 12:34 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    If you have any questions, I am in the main chat to answer them and give help all during the roleplay!
    Today at 12:35 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    My roleplays are ALWAYS newbie friendly, so don't worry if you make any mistakes! They can be worked around and fixed with game master techniques, so don't worry. <3
    Today at 12:38 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Today at 12:57 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    It's two days into the Juil Boar Caravan trip, and there are many more days to go. So far the trip has been uneventful except for a horse that got devoured by a strange creature everyone seems to disagree about the size of. The weather is sweltering hot, muggy, and cloudless. Even though it's midday, it's quite dark under the cover of trees. The caravan has stopped for the night, and everyone has been warned not to leave the camp site. A couple of the guides left camp to hunt down food, while the others are scattered amongst the camp keeping watch for danger.
    Today at 12:57 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik has been on ventures such as this before, through the Zone. He's mastered the art of looking busy in order to avoid dumb boring stupid duties like cooking, cleaning and "watching for some manner of existential horror emerging from the wastes to devour all present". By utilising this skill, it allows him to crack on with the important things in life. Like tweaking his latest invention. And going through other people's stuff.
    Today at 1:01 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Busying himself at his makeshift workbench, Rik does a spot of fine-tuning on his cannon's propultion system utilising a multi-tool that's definitely his, how dare you even suggest otherwise.
    Today at 1:03 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    CLARY sat in the ventral cockpit of the Golden Fox, keeping an eye out for danger, but mostly on the goblin and his energy cannon, mainly to make sure it was pointed somewhere away from the Fox.
    Today at 1:04 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    She squinted suspiciously at his work. Welp. Guess I ain't got nothin' better to do, she thought, clambering down to the ground. "Need any help with that?"
    Today at 1:08 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia barely looked old enough to be traveling on her own, but any time someone asked she swore she was at least twenty. Dressed in an oversized hooded cloak, she was presently taking up residence on someone's stock of wares plucking away and the most poorly tuned ukulele in the world.
    Today at 1:08 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Something hopefully not important sparks and flickers as Rik's head jabs up to stare at Clary. "No touching. I got this. Totally got this, yupyup." The spark widens into a sudden discharge that bursts from the socket he's been working on, the goblin ducking with nanoseconds to spare. "FUCK."
    Today at 1:10 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "No offense son, but looks like it just about got you," CLARY said. "That hypercapacitor don't have an insulat'n shroud," she said, pointing toward the origin of the arc. "I might have somethin' that'll do the job, if you don't mind me goin' t' see."
    Today at 1:14 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    In the distance there is a terrible shrieking screech. Many of the other travels jolt in surprise, but the guides don't seem alarmed. Warily glancing around at the outskirts of the camp maybe, but not alarmed.
    Today at 1:15 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia paused at the screech, shooting a glance at the nearest guide. Not looking convinced about their safty, she stopped her plucking and hugged her ukulele tight.
    Today at 1:16 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Hypercapacitors are for dumb coward communist garbage people. Hell no. Fuck that. I know what we need." Rik disappears from view for a few moments, rummaging through a bag that absolutely is not goblin-sized and which he hasn't been seen with before. He re-emerges, brandishing a roll of duct-tape and grinning. "Solution to all goblin problems!"
    Today at 1:17 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    CLARY's head snapped toward the sound, and she took a moment to make sure her sixguns were loose in their holsters, just in case.
    Today at 1:17 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik waves his hand when he sees Clary start at the noise. "It's nothing. Probably just a zone wraith. Or one of those predator things with five jaws that can eat through metal in seconds. Totally fine. Just shove someone at it to distract it and run, yupyup."
    Today at 1:19 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    "How many jaws?" Jevalia asked with wide eyes. She hadn't meant to be eavesdropping, but the goblin wasn't that far from her seat.
    Today at 1:21 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Never trust a goblin inventor," a bored voice murmured, "Especially one that didn't have most of his gear before the trip." Roselailaina wore, as ever, her red and gold-colored garb—pants, short robe, and hood. She kept a safe distance from the goblin.
    Today at 1:21 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "He's making that up," Roselailaina said with a wave of the hand. "Used to be a guide. They've always had even amounts of jaws."
    Today at 1:22 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    CLARY arched an eyebrow. "Aight, solve your problems your own way, as long as they stay goblin problems and don't become anybody else's." She gave him a nod and backed up a couple steps so he couldn't pickpocket her when she turned her back. She gave a lopsided grin at his comment. "I'll just take it you ain't serious." Or you'll be the one gettin' shoved, she added in her thoughts.
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Five jaws!" Rik confirms happily, before hurling a spanner at Roselailaina's general direction. "Wrong! Dumb! Stupid! What if one of it's jaws got shot off, huh? Then it's got five jaws AND it's pissed off!"
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "That's why you aim for the brainpan, son," CLARY said. "An' make sure you got another round for the mid-spine ganglion." Then she turned to the worried-sounding girl. "It ain't anythin' these mercs can't handle. They do this for a livin'."
    Today at 1:26 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Roselailaina's staff shot up and knocked the spanner right back to the goblin. "Still born with six, since the mums eat the malformed."
    Today at 1:26 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik manages to duck the spanner that comes spinning back at him. "Semantics!"
    Today at 1:28 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Better than goblin antics!" She shook her head and looked to Clary, then to the worried girl. "I'll even prove my faith in these mercs—make room, I'll nap." She grinned broadly and hopped into the back, then laid down.
    Today at 1:28 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Speaking of their guides, there seemed to be less of them than there were a few moments ago, but the ones remaining didn't look too concerned about that. A few other travels not too far away were having some kind of kerfuffle with an ant the size of a small dog, however.
    Today at 1:29 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik brandishes his duct tape like a weapon, before beginning to apply it to his energy cannon. "If the mercs start screaming and dying, we'll wake you up!"
    Today at 1:31 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia didn't look too convinced by any of these reassurances, but did wave to Rose as she wandered off to bed and began plucking (badly) at her ukulele again. "I don't even want to see something with two jaws, let alone five or six.
    Today at 1:31 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Then invent a set of goggles that merges jaws into a single image. Probably won't help you if you're getting eaten, but it'll make you more relaxed as you die. Humans worry lots."
    Today at 1:32 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    CLARY watched the younger girl walk away. Briefly, she closed her eyes against a vision of the past, then shook her head to clear it. "Some of us don't worry enough," she muttered, and started walking back to the Golden Fox. She looked over at the folks who seemed to be having an ant problem.
    Today at 1:36 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik shrugs and continues applying copious amounts of duct tape that probably doesn't belong to him. "See? She's worrying about other people not worrying. Fucking madness. Humans are mad."
    • Haha
    Reactions:View
    Today at 1:39 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    As people started to bunk down, all appeared well in the camp. A elderly couple nearby were whispering a little too loudly and did not seem to realize their conversation could be overheard. "It's so odd we stopped to make camp this early. It's not even close to sundown yet!" "I asked one of the guides what was up, and they just told me to buggar off and stick to the camp." "Do you think they're going to rob us?" "I'm more worried about why the others haven't returned yet..."
    Today at 1:43 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik finishes applying the tape, admiring his handiwork with a satisfied nod before twisting his oversized head about to face Jevalia. "Hey. You. Small human girl thing. Gimme that instrument a sec, yeah?"
    Today at 1:44 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    "Um, okay..." Jevalia might've thought twice about handing her ukulele over to a goblin, but she was a bit consumed with listening in to the old folks chatter. Were some of the guides missing? She glanced around to see if she could count them, passing her instrument over to Rik.
    Today at 1:46 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    CLARY reached the Fox, but thought better of climbing back up to the cockpit. Instead, she headed over to the young girl. "Wouldn't recommend it. He prob'ly reckons your strings could be wrapped 'round a pencil an' made into an induction coil for his gun," she said. "You got kin?"
    Today at 1:47 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    The goblin busies himself examining the strings on the ukulele, peering at them from different angles. "Yupyup. This'll do nicely."
    Today at 1:47 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik proceeds to do exactly what Clary just warned about, pulling out an almost comically-oversized knife to remove one of the strings.
    Today at 1:48 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Wouldn't count on that either," CLARY said. "Them strings ain't insulated. It'll short."
    Today at 1:48 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Insulation is for cowards and smooth-brains!"
    Today at 1:49 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    "Wait, what?!" Clary's warning nearly came too late! "Give me that!" she shouted, leaping up from her seat to snatch her ukulele back. "That's all I have, you twitchy little jerk!"
    Today at 1:50 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik has his handy new string that he's decided absolutely is his stolen by the small human girl-thing just as he's about to remove it. "That's all you've got for protection? Man, you really are fucked if this camp gets attacked."
    Today at 1:51 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Heh. You'd be twitchy too, if your projects shorted on you as much as his do on him," CLARY said.
    Today at 1:51 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Name's Clary," she said, extending a hand to the girl while keeping an eye on the goblin in her peripheral vision.
    Today at 1:56 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Rik may have wished it into existence by accident, for not long after he said it a few guides came screaming back into camp! "PACK IT UP! PACK IT ALL UP! WE NEED TO GET MOVING." A terrible ear piercing shriek sounded in the distant woods.
    Today at 1:56 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia hugged her ukulele, casting the goblin a dirty glance. "I'm Jev-!!" She jolted as the guides came crashing back in camp, and froze at the terrible, terrible shriek! The camp was suddenly erupting back into activity as people snatched up loose things and were trying to pack up.
    Today at 1:57 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "You want in the Fox?" CLARY said to the girl, hiking a thumb at her skiff. "She's fast, an' I got shootin' irons."
    Today at 1:57 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik begins cursing in goblin, chucking his salvaged kit into his bags before slinging the energy cannon's power cell onto his back and hefting the weapon. "Dibs!" he yells, rushing off towards the skiff Clary has gestured to.
    Today at 1:59 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    SCREEEEEEEEEAAAAW-FWOMPFWOMP. Screeching and... was that the sound of flapping wings? No one could see above the thick tree line, save for a big giant shadow. A couple of the guides were looking up wildly, but they were more preoccupied with watching the dark woods and rushing people to start moving. "GO. FOLLOW DOWN THE PATH!"
    Today at 2:03 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia definitely wasn't going to pass up a ride opportunity. Unlike most of the others, she didn't have a vehicle or animal to carry her. She only had her feet and her ukulele. She stuck close to Clary's heels!
    Today at 2:04 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "That doesn't sound like a zone wraith! Dunno what that is! Bad! Nightmare! Bad! Run for it!"
    Today at 2:06 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Buggerall!" CLARY snapped, running after the goblin. As he reached the Fox, she clapped a hand on his shoulder. "I ain't got time t' truss you up in that duct tape o' yours. You can come aboard, but just you, none o' your kit. Or someone's gettin' shoved." Keeping herself in the goblin's path, she opened the cabin door so the girl could get in.
    Today at 2:09 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia didn't even have the bravery to be smug at the goblin, she got on that skiff, clinging to her instrument for dear life!
    Today at 2:11 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "I'm keeping the cannon! This is my greatest invention yet! If we're getting attacked by something gribbly and horrible, you want a goblin with an energy cannon!" Rik grins. "Worst case scenario, you can just throw me at the thing and we'll both explode! It'll be awesome!"
    Today at 2:11 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Buggerbugggerbugger! Clary thought. "Climb up there t' the ventral cockpit, an' keep that thing pointed away from my skiff! You mess with anything up there--anything at all--an' I'll put a hole in you big enough to throw that ant through! Now git! I'll fly 'er from the forward 'pit."
    Today at 2:16 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Rik might be about to get his chance because CRACK-CRASH down from the skies and breaking many branches on it's way down was the biggest, fattest, screechiest robin anyone had ever seen. What once was a normal sized bird, was now big enough to swallow a horse whole. It knocked so many branches down, that the path out of the camp was blocked and half the travelers and guides were separated from each other.
    Edited
    Today at 2:17 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    CLARY shoved the goblin at the ladder leading up to the ventral cockpit, then hurried into the front cockpit and transferred control to the instruments there.
    Today at 2:18 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik grins, nodding rapidly. "No pressing any buttons, yupyup!" The goblin begins hauling himself up into the directed cockpit, maneuvering with surprising speed given the weapon he's carrying.
    Today at 2:18 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "I propose we start running or shooting. Possibly both. Both might work, actually, let's do both."
    Today at 2:19 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Buckle up kid!" CLARY said to the girl, then turned on the risers to lift the Golden Fox off the ground.
    Today at 2:19 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "For once he's got a good idea," CLARY muttered, having heard the goblin's yell even over the Fox's engines. [There's a pic of the Golden Fox in Clary's bio: OFFICIAL EVENT ChaRP Event: The Juil Boar Caravan - JUNE 4th @ 12PM Central Time Rik is in the external cockpit, so he can shoot his gun.]
    Today at 2:23 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    "Um!" Well, Jevalia did her best to make sure she was securely seated, but the girl looked a little green in the face and like she was sure to throw up at any moment. "...and I loved robins!"
    Today at 2:23 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Fuck you I have great ideas!" Rik hollers from the second cockpit, flicking a few switches on the cannon's controls and hearing the internal systems beginning to spin up. "Hey, angry human lady? I'mma start shooting at the giant bird. You gonna freak out if I start shooting at the giant bird?"
    Today at 2:25 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    SCREEEEEEEEEP! The big giant robin was hoppin and boppin and trying it's damndest to snatch up a meaty morsel off the ground. The guides on this side of the downed branches were doing their best to distract the bird so everyone could catch up to the other half of the group. Until one of them got swallowed whole.
    Today at 2:28 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Here we go!" Clary said, pulling back on the yoke to tilt the engines and aim the Golden Fox at the sky before she shoved the throttles forward. "Not if you hit the bird 'stead of us!" she shouted back. The Golden Fox shrieked into the sky. Clary kept her flight straight to give Rik the best chance to aim, but kept an eye on the screen for the rear camera so she could take evasive action if necessary.
    Today at 2:28 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I don't plan on bein' no early worm," Clary hissed under her breath.
    Today at 2:29 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik flicks the priming switch on the cannon's controls. "Time to test the auto-fire then!"
    Today at 2:29 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Didn't somebody just warn me not to trust no damn Goblin inventor? Clary thought, gritting her teeth as she waited for...whatever results might come from the use of Rik's weapon.
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    The twin barrels of the energy cannon begin to spin up rapidly, blurring together into a continuous mass of motion. Rik levels the weapon in the general direction of the oversized creature attacking them and, with a cackle, squeezes down on the triggers. There's a violent burst of red light as a stream of concentrated energy gets sent blasting towards the robin.
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Fuck yeah, it didn't explode!"
    Today at 2:32 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Well I'll be good goddamned," Clary said, feeling a hint of relief. "You OK back there, kiddo?"
    Today at 2:33 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    BOOOWHOOOP! The machine didn't explode, much to relief to everyone in the area. The robin however... PLOOOMF. Feathers, bones, and guts went flying in every direction, raining down on the demolished camp site and the travelers still remaining in the area.
    Edited
    Today at 2:34 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Fuck yeah, it did explode!"
    • Love
    Reactions:Zarko Straadi
    Today at 2:34 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    "I think I'm still alive." she grunted, squeezing her ukulele in a death grip. Robin guts didn't help her green expression though. Jevalia looked ready to pass out.
    Today at 2:35 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Didn't it just," Clary said, banking into a gentle turn and flicking on her radar, just in case giant mutant robins flew in flocks.
    Today at 2:36 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik lets the barrels wind down, waving a hand ineffectually to try and cool down the glowing metal. "Told you, angry human lady! Insulation is for cowards! This is how we do it in the Free States!"
    Today at 2:37 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Well alright, Mr. Goblin!" Clary called out, "You just earned this week's salary!"
    Today at 2:38 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Now that the robin had been... dispersed... the guides were trying to round up the part of the group that was separated from the main caravan party. If they couldn't catch up, there wouldn't be enough bodies to help keep everyone safe at night. "No time to dally, get your asses moving." shouted one of the guides, pointing them in the right direction.
    Today at 2:40 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Having rooted around the cockpit to find bottled water, Rik proceeds to begin cooling the barrels with it. Evaporated water coils up from the open cockpit as he works. "You heard the shouty human man, let's see what this fancy skiff of yours can do."
    Today at 2:42 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary brought the Golden Fox back around and down, settling on ground effects and nudging the vehicle into line.
    Today at 2:42 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Rose, encapsulated in a glowing bubble, stared around. "What in the name of the Light," she breathed as she looked out at the wreckage. Her spells had done little against the giant bird, but of course a goblin had done amazingly with a cannon that shouldn't have even worked. The wagon she'd been in was done for, and though she herself was clean, none of it was.
    Today at 2:43 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "I don't suppose I could ride with you?" she asked as she looked toward Clary.
    Today at 2:43 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    Still looking sick to the stomach, Jevalia just stayed right there in her seat. As long as she was welcome on the skiff, she really had no reason to leave it. "They weren't kidding when they said this trip was dangerous..."
    Today at 2:44 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Where's your fancy mercs helping you sleep now, staff lady?" Rik cackles from the top cockpit.
    Today at 2:44 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Clearly they aren't quite as good as my old merc guild," she muttered, eyes narrowed. "What I wouldn't give to have the Rebel Independents at my back."
    Today at 2:45 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary blinked in surprise at the other woman's magic, then shut down the risers and set the skiff down on its landing gear so she could open the cabin door. "Come on aboard. Sorry, it's a bit cramped, cargo run," she said, nodding toward the crates that filled up most of the skiff's cabin.
    Today at 2:46 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Mercs suck! Fuck mercs, they're garbage! You need goblins, staff lady! Us Free State kids get shit done!"
    Today at 2:47 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Thank you." She kept the bubble up until she got on, then dispersed it, sending some of the gore off the skiff in the spell's wake. "We should clean up what we can of this before it lures in more nasties. I can get out some of the worst of it, but not all of it."
    Today at 2:49 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Free States an' Rebel Independents, eh? Sound like my kinda folk, judgin' by the labels anyway. Hey kid, tell me you're not with the Obedient Conformist Boot-Licker's Guild Judgmental Morality Society," she said, grinning over her shoulder at the girl.
    Today at 2:50 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    "Is that a real thing?" Jevalia asked with wide eyes, the jokes flying right over her head. "I'm not in any groups, it's just me."
    Today at 2:52 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Afraid not," Roselailaina said with a shake of her head. "I'm Roselailaina, by the way. Rose, for short."
    Today at 2:53 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "I'm Rik! Best goblin inventor! I built the blueprints for the Scrapheap City Defense Cannons! Remember the name, yupyup!"
    Today at 2:55 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary laughed. "No, thank goodness," she said to the girl. Yeah, I'll just go with 'Rose,' she thought, having no doubt she'd butcher the woman's fifty-drachma name if she tried to pronounce it. "Clary. Clary Starchaser."
    Today at 2:55 PM​
  • Lurcolm:
    An explosion sounded out, followed by a scream of pain and a loud, *angry* series of curses
    Today at 2:57 PM​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Piece of shit little cockmongering cheating horsefuck! Black-cocked blood-assed fucking whoremonger!"
    Today at 2:58 PM​
  • Diana Diana :
    "I am Jev-!" Once again right before she could spill her name, a big boom had her jolting!
    Today at 2:58 PM​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Rose frowned and looked back towards the camp. A moment later, each person on the skiff had a glowing, holy-seeming bubble.
    Today at 2:58 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "The fifteen Hells!" Clary shouted, before she realized the voice wasn't Rik's, and there wouldn't be a gaping hole in the Golden Fox.
    Today at 2:59 PM​
  • Lurcolm:
    A man stumbled out from one of the caravan, face blackened by soot and the smell of burning flesh and hair coming from his face. He already seemed bald by how much explosions he's run through, and the man himself was half-dressed in what seemed to be his sleeping gowns he forgot to change from, his heavy leather boots a strange contrast to it.
    Today at 3:00 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Wha? Oh." Clary looked out of the Fox's expansive cockpit windows in search of whoever was producing the epic stream of expletives. She tried to hide a smirk, just in case he was looking her way. "Say," she said to Rose sotto voce, "Did you cast an Improbable Good Luck Spell or sommat on us back there?"
    Today at 3:01 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I was next to sure we'd be the ones explodin'."
    Today at 3:02 PM​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik starts at the glowing field around him. "Gah, fuck! Nightmare!"
    59 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "No, I didn't have time to beg the Light for that spell when I was in warpriest training." She grinned. "It takes twelve wrinkles worth of time for an elf to get that kind of power from priestery." She looked toward the stranger. "Having some troubles?" she called, not bothering to hide the amusement in her tone.
    58 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Who the everloving *fuck* decided to cover me in... what is this even? Fucking vague juju shit!" he blurted out, glaring at the elf as she didn't even bother to be polite about the matter.
    57 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik blinks. "Oh shit, yeah. You've all got it too. Thought I'd inhaled too many fumes again."
    56 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik has probably still inhaled too many fumes again regardless.
    56 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would use his claws to jump tree by tree, his small feline tail swaying behind him. He would watch the travellers closely with a heavy smirk, his ears twitching as he listened in, hoping not to be spotted.
    56 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    The man pulled out an opaque flask, downing the substance within it. His body tensed up, before relaxing significantly. He gave the flask a long look, buefore stuffing it back into the band of his pants
    56 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia had gone back to being silent again, watching with wide eyes at the strange exchange of people. Her ukulele was still clutched to her chest.
    56 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    (EDIT: No magical sphere)
    55 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary toggled a switch to turn on the external speaker. "Everyone alright out there?"
    54 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "The staff lady has given us all the vapours!"
    53 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    He would hiss as the external speaker flooded his eardrums. JJ would fall out of the tree he was resting in, whimpering as he turned to look at the creatures nerviously.
    52 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "GIVE ME SOMEONE TO FUCK AWAY MY BRUISED EGO!" The man shouted, leaping out of his skin when some cat-thing fell from a tree. Staring at it
    51 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "I'm not drunk enough for this shit"
    51 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik watches something drop from one of the trees they're passing by. "CONTACT." The barrel of the energy cannon comes up again. "Let's test out the concentrated beam shot mode!"
    51 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Now that everyone has gotten their barings and the fallen tree branch debris had been cleared off of the path, the caravan guides were trying to get the caravan moving again. It seems, this was NOT a safe place to make camp for the night after all.
    50 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "What the?" Clary said, as her peripheral vision caught the form of some creature falling out of a tree.
    50 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "You're fine. It's just a shield against damage, and will wear off in.... well... now." She shrugged as the bubbles all faded from view. "See? You're fine. Probably even a little healthier than you were befo—" She cut off at the sight of the person who just fell out of the tree, then sighed and yanked both the drunkard and the new stranger onto the skiff with them. "There, now you two can dick around while we move."
    50 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Watch it, staff lady! It might be a zone ghoul! With seven arms!"
    49 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Whoa! Hang in there, Rik! How 'bout we not use that thing unless we actually have to, aight?
    49 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Hey! Who the fuck said you can touch me!" He shouted angrily, already slightly slurred from the substance he downed, before defiantly leaping back off the skiff, stumble-running towards the guides
    49 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    "Seven arms?! Can they really have seven arms?!" Jevalia shouted out in alarm.
    49 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would look at everyone, his long cat like ears twitching as he narrowed his eyes, who where all there people?! He sat up and shook his overgrown hair, hissing if anyone got close to him "who are you all?" he would ask boldy
    49 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "We never know what we might come up against next, an' you wouldn't wanna be out of charges at the wrong time."
    49 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Fortitude potions! Fortitude potions for sale! Survive the inevitable attack from a giant cat that hunted the robin!"
    48 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "It talks! Never seen a zone ghoul talk before! We should definitely shoot it!"
    48 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    Darkscale scurries toward the shouting. Mabey they'll leave some food behind.
    48 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    The goblin begins to spin up the barrels of the cannon.
    48 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "SWEET JEROGE FUCK IT'S A DRAGON"
    48 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Ok, that man wants to die... and this one isn't part of the caravan," Rose said, then frowned at Rik. "Shut up and save it for something big. I have enough fire power for the small fries."
    47 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He growls quietly in alarm.
    47 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would be frightened by all the fuss over him "R-Relax, Im just a neko" he would say slowly, eyeing the tree. The seventeen year old was very startled by everyone, this was unlike anything he had ever seen before.
    47 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    The stragglers in this half of the caravan had erupted into chaos (made worse by that damn goblin's giant weapon), now several of the travelers were screaming and the guides were cursing up a storm of their own trying to get things back under control. Apparently, all of this noise making was dangerous.
    47 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Big like a dragon? Cos apparently there's a dragon? Where's the dragon, that sounds fuckin IDEAL for testing the concentrated beam shot!"
    46 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Listen here you pointy eared slut in denial!" He started, swaying slightly "I don't need you to tell me how easily I can brew my shit!" he shouted, then looked down at the dragon. He eyed it for a moment, then tried to offer it his super alchemy booze
    46 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He perks up, scurrying to the man with the liquor.
    45 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    "E-everyone..!" Jevalia stammered. "I think- I think maybe we need to be quieter..!" Her warning didn't seem to be heard though, as Jevalia herself was trying so hard not to shout.
    45 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "This...is ten stone of crazy in a five stone bag! Rik! I said don't shoot that thing! Don't make me fire your ejection seat!"
    45 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He sips the booze, and purrs happily, drinking it.
    44 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik snorts and spins down the barrel. "Probably for the best, concentrated beam shot's still a work in progress. We took out half a building in the initial test." He grins. "It was awesome."
    44 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    He blinked, before realizing feeding a baby dragon some spirits was maybe not the best idea, before clicking to entice the thing to the nearest batch of food, throwing it to him. He eyed theperson shouting, before clearing his throat
    44 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Fifty gold pieces and I throw a mellow bomb."
    43 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Well, have a seat," Rose said to JJ, then scowled at Rik. "Knock off the shouting, can't you hear the guides? You're making people panic with the gun...!" She kept her voice at a mid-level hiss, then watched the dragon and the drunk as they met up. "Let's just leave those two behind. I'm sure I have a spell to disable them..." Her dark muttering was more to herself than anyone else.
    43 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Not that she could actually do that remotely, but the goblin didn't have to know that, did he? "Uh, Rose, you bein' an Elf an' all, chances are you know more about dragons than me. Are we about to see Mommy an' Daddy dragon showing up to lay waste to anyone their little one gets near?"
    42 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would do as he was told, sitting down gently with his tail wrapped around his slim waist. Everyone here was so different to what he had seen before, was this some sort of celebration?
    42 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Not if we leave it behind fast enough," she muttered, darkness enshrouding the end of her staff and filling her eyes.
    41 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He scurries over to the food, but stumbles a bit, not used to booze.
    41 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Fuck okay maybe that wasn't the best idea." He stated, pulling the dragon back up to its feet and giving it the food manually.
    40 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Shit... where's the water? Anyone got water?"
    40 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He looks around, and tilts his head, then purrs, nuzzling into his hand, nibbling at the food.
    40 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik peers down from the top cockpit and gestures at the dragon, grinning. "Check it, the drunk got the dragon drunk."
    40 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Aight. Kinda cute though," Clary said.
    40 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    It sure wasn't a dragon whose eerie guttural call echoed through the woods. Unlike the beepin' n' screechin' of the giant robin, this sound vibrated all the way down the the bones. A greenish mist was starting to form on the forest floor and it smelled like straight up dead ass.
    39 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He shakes his head, hissing from the smell of the green mist.
    39 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Fuck me in a dick and back in a nun's ass!" He shouted out, scrambling towards his tent to grab a shitload of potions he had in a backpack
    38 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "BATTLE STATIONS YOU CUCKS!"
    38 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Fuck," the posh elf said, and immediately formed a bubble first around herself, then everyone else in turn... who was in the skiff.
    38 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    "Oh no," whispered Jevalia with a shiver. That was a smell the whole caravan had been warned about. Wraiths..
    38 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    The neko like creature would tilt his head before bleating out his thoughts to one person, jevalia . "What is your name?" he would belt, his ears twitching at the silence, did he do something wrong?
    37 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik begins to spin the barrels of his weapon up again. "Hey, angry lady? Might wanna get this thing shifting, yupyup."
    37 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    The alchemist downed a potion, which started to warm him, an ethereal flame pouring out from him as he stumbled. Too much alchemicals, not enough water. Shit.
    37 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "C'M 'N GIT SHUM YOU... YOU.... UNDEAD.... BITCHESHH"
    36 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Keep in the skiff and keep armed," Rose instructed to any near enough to hear her. "We have got farters."
    36 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    CRASH. Something hard and heavy fell on the front nose of the skiff. But what?! No one could see it! All anyone could see was the green swirling mist now rising up like an impenetrable fog.
    36 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    "Um.. my name is Jev-" For a third time, something interrupted Jevalia's introduction and this time the girl fainted!
    35 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    Darkscale let's out a tiny thrill, more like a bird call then a dragon roar, and a tiny spout of golden flame shoots from his jaws, setting the green gases alight.
    35 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik peers through the gloom, cursing angrily in his own tongue. "Does the drunk guy got flares? We need flares. Something bright."
    35 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "OI YOU INSIGNIFICANT UNDEAD CUCK!" The alchemist shouted again, downing what he hoped was a stimulant, it was hard to tell at this point "ARE YOU TOO MUCH OF A PETTY LITTLE SHIT TO FACE A MAN IN HONEST TO FUCK COMBAT WHILE HE'S HIGH!?"
    34 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary hissed in surprise, then shifted the engines to reverse. "Rik, there's a gas mask in the emergency compartment under your seat. Put it on, don't know how long Rose's spell can last."
    33 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would watch the girl on the floor, tilting his head before frowning in worry. The boy tried to get her to sit up but he simply couldn't, sitting on the floor at her side until she woke up, his tail swaying.
    33 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Dispell!" She cast it on whatever was among the fog, then glanced at the goblin before she cast again. "Light, smite my foe!" A blast like a white star shot towards the rising mist, illuminating it.
    33 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Boo! Magic's cheating! Boooooooooo!"
    33 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "You wanted light!" she shot back.
    33 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He whimpers, and scurries over to Rose, waiting at her feet.
    32 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Thanks to the adorable little dragon, now the green mist was TONS AND TONS OF FIRE EVERYWHERE, but thankfully Rose's spell dispersed it all before everyone caught fire too. ...but where was the wraith? The terrible smell still lingered~
    32 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Damn farter. The chaos is making it wary!" She scowled as she looked around, trying to find the source of the mist.
    31 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary flicked up the switch covers on the ends of her control yoke to expose the firing buttons for the guns mounted atop the Golden Fox's engines. "Uh, feline person, this is going to get loud," she said, then squeezed the triggers, sending bursts of explosive gyroget rounds toward what she hoped was the source of the gas.
    31 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    The drunk stumbled around, too singed and used to burning to care about the fire, as he pulled out what seemed to be a broken magic wand, crackling with power. He looked around, then downed another potion: One that made him living bait for undead types. Whether or not they'd notice his anti-undead shielding potion he downed earlier, though...
    31 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would hiss in shock at the spell, yawning as he looked down at Jevalia, why hadn't she got up yet. "Someone needs to help her!" he practically mewed out.
    31 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Hey Clary, this is getting boring! I'mma just start firing in random directions and see what I can hit, yeah?"
    30 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "No! Save your shots, we don't even know how many there are!" Clary said.
    29 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Boooooooooooooooring!"
    29 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    This was a solo cargo run! How did I end up with a goddamn crew? Clary thought.
    29 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    Darkscale scurries over to Jevalia, and paws at her.
    29 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Dragon! I'm calling you sparky!" He shouted, then pointed to the ground "Stay there! And like.... not die!"
    29 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Poor Jevalia remained unconscious, but it might've been for the best as gunfire in random directions was decimating the camp. The drunken man's magic sword though was doing it's job and something very large, very dark, and very smelly rose up behind him from the shadows.
    28 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "oh.... Well fuck you too!"
    28 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Keep calm!" Rose flicked a small healing spell at Jevalia. "She's probably just a fear-fainter." She looked as she spotted the rising darkness. "BEHIND YOU!" she shouted before she chanted, "Light, smite my foe!"
    28 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "....It's behind me. Isn't it?" He asked after he got a wiff of the thing, before spinning around, broken wand in hand, to try and stab the fuck and overload it with magic."
    27 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would tilt his head at Darkscale, his ears twitching "do you know how to wake her?" he asked slowly, his thighs trembling. It was rather cold around here and there was a strange smell?
    27 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik hauls his energy cannon towards the vast shape emerging behind the drunk. "It sure fuckin is, drunk guy!"
    27 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He sits next to her, and looks around for any wizard who lacks a familiar. He then begins humming, his scales glowing a deep red, using his inner heat to begin healing Jevalia.
    26 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary slewed the Golden Fox sideways, then rotated the craft to bring the shadow within her guns' firing arc. Then it hit her: Responsibility. For other people. It felt like her blood turned to chilled mercury.
    25 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    He would crawl back a little, watching from a distance in confusion to what was happening. The boy soon got distracted when he saw the giant shape, hissing in shock at how tall it was. He would whimper in fear, hiding under any surface he could find.
    25 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Jevalia was most definitely alive and well it seemed, as she was stirring. But Rose was definitely right about her being a fear fainter, because even while she pushed to sit up, all it took was one look at the chaos and she was looking green and fainty again.
    24 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He paws at her, and thumms deep in his little chest.
    22 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    She could feel it, like an electrostatic crackling in her head, the past threatening to rush forward and envelop her. Not now! Pleeeeeease, not now! she thought as she tried to draw a bead on the wraith while avoiding the staggering alchemist.
    22 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Magic swords were always good against wraiths, so when it was struck the thing quivered and let out the most terrible ear piercing shriek that anyone had ever hear. It shirked back, looking for a place to escape or latch onto.
    22 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Light, smite my foe!" Another arc of light shot at the wraith, eager to see it dead rather than let it escape.
    22 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik grins as the creature staggers, moving out from behind the alchemist. "Pew pew."
    21 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    The goblin compresses the trigger of the cannon, sending another burst of energy at the wraith.
    21 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would move closer to the action from the trees like an idiot, they always said curiosity killed the cat. He would watch it shriek, his ears starting to bleed from the harsh sound.
    21 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He takes in a deep breath, and his eyes turn to slits. He shoots out a tiny, long, stream of white hot flames into the wraiths face.
    21 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Fuck you, your uncle, your aunt, and your sister!" The achemist roared, vomiting from his little display, before charging at it, the ethereal flames inside him now burning it as much as his broken wand did
    21 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Between Rose's magic and the goblins light beam of big booms, that wraith didn't have a chance. Unfortunately it ALSO exploded, sending black sticky, smelly goo E V E R Y W H E R E. Of which the alchemist ended up slipping in and the tiny dragon just set on fire.
    19 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Gimme a sec," Clary sad, switching on the autopilot and setting the craft to hover in place. She tensed as Rik's gun fired again, but against all logic, it seemed to actually work a second time. Clary unbuckled and stepped away from the controls long enough to pop open the cabin door, lean out, and unload a cylinder of smaller gyrojets from one of her sixguns at the wraith.
    19 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "AAAAAAGH!" Clary cried as the goop splattered all over her. Woulda been nice to have one o' those magic spheres that time! she thought, but held her tongue.
    17 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "AHHHHHH" He shouted, rolling around to try and un-burn himself as he just mixed more of the shit on him. His saving grace was the fact that he had a bag of potions on him, and his rolling tactic shattered a lot of them
    17 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would jump back in shock, the black sticky goo getting all in his hair. He would try to shake it out but he simply couldn't, whimpering like a baby. How did things get this way?
    17 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He screeches, and starts thrashing, trying to get the necrotic goop off his scales.
    17 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik proceeds to duuuuuuuuuuuck. "Gross!"
    16 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    It wasn't long before the goop on his skin suddenly turned into blue flame, then pink, then the flames suddenl stopped and a rampant growth of daffodils filled the regon around him
    16 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Rose sighed in relief, then started casting again. "Dispell!" for the alchemist, "Dispell!" for the dragon, and "Dispell!" for the gore on her nice clothing.
    16 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    Covered in flowers, the man simply got up, cleared the debris from his mouth to reveal a horribly charred mass of dead skin on the outside, then took a *deep* swig of his flask
    15 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He purrs, and runs to Rose.
    15 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    The dispelling revealed the man, burned to a crisp and missing eyes, as he silently nursed his alchemical booze, seemingly uncaring
    15 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    Thank goodness the wraith was gone. ...but it seemed so was the rest of the caravan and all of their guides. It was hard to say if they'd died in the chaos, or if they'd simply abandoned the chaotic group there in the woods. But the group was now all alone. Safe. For now. But alone with still several more days to travel.
    15 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary was grateful she'd had her goggles down, so she could wipe her lenses instead of having that crap in her eyes. "Say...Rose, would happen to have another round o' that 'Dispell' left?"
    14 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Rose patted the dragon, then grinned. "Of course." She waved a hand absently. "Dispell!"
    13 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Save the gunk! It's useful! We can use it as fuel, shit's clearly flammable!"
    13 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would end up slipping everywhere, unable to walk straight. The boy hated all this goop that was on his body, it made him slippery and he didnt want to smell either. "Can someone help me get this crap off!" he would scream in frustration
    13 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    The alchemist's still chugging his alchemy booze, the flesh on his body still steaming from the cook-fest the man had
    12 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    "MY NAME IS JEVALIA." She finally blurted out, tears in her eyes and a ukulele clutched to her chest. And if the name Jevalia sounded familiar, it was probably because it was the name of a very famous tyrant's teenage daughter. But Jevalia had sworn she was twenty, so it probably wasn't her.
    12 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He nuzzles into her, and sniffs at her fingers.
    12 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    With that, she hopped down and made her way to the alchemist. "Light, bring healing..." She held her hand over the alchemist and let the healing energies fall onto him.
    12 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Another "Dispell" for JJ, and she looked around to see if anyone else needed healing or dispelling.
    11 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Not for the Fox we can't. She runs on fuel cells, electrically charged, not a heat engine. Thank goodness."
    11 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Thought you said your name was Jev, small human girl thing?"
    11 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    The man nursed his drink up to the moment his eyes returned, looking at the elf for a moment, then giving her a non-too-subtle elevator stare
    11 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He yawns, showing sharp little fangs, and follows the wizard.
    10 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    "Potions to improve the size of your tits and the complexion of your skin, absolutely free.... when I get the fucking materials again."
    10 minutes ago​
  • AnxiousEnby AnxiousEnby :
    JJ would let out a sigh of relief when he finally got the sticky goop off him. The neko decided to leave them, he wasn't apart of this anyway and it was a waste of his time. He sighed and jumped into the next available tree he could find, looking down at them all before continuing on his own.
    10 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik is busy pouring more water over the barrel of the cannon, staring around the charred trees of the zone. "Fuck me, looks like the other got wraith'd or something."
    10 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary went back to the cockpit and flipped a few more switches to set a proximity alarm to go off in case of any incoming radar returns bigger than the people she was with.
    9 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    "Hey Clary, you got any means of contacting the others? Or, like... a map? Cos we might be on our own out here."
    8 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Rose stared at the alchemist, and her eyes and staff glowed black a moment. He could suddenly feel tendrils under his flesh, blood vessels breaking, and then, "Light, bring healing." She smiled, deadly for all its sweetness. "While I appreciate free offers, my appearance is without peer."
    7 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    He didn't even flinch with the pain. He couldn't, not after being burned alove, before he just gave her a *very* deliberate elevator stare.
    6 minutes ago​
  • Lurcolm:
    He didn't need to say anything. All he did was give her an unconvinced nod "Sure, I can see it." He started, not even bothering to hide his lie
    6 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Everybody alr---where'd you get that...bugger," Clary said. "Rik, you're gonna have to find another way to cool that thing. I brought plenty of water--for one person. But now there's, what, seven?"
    6 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    Darkscale flaps his wings, and hops up on Rose's shoulder.
    5 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik stops pouring water over the weapon barrel. "Pfft. Fiiiiine."
    5 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I'll try an' raise the caravan on the horn. You guys search whatever's left of the wreckage, get any food an' water you can find."
    4 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Rose stumbled briefly, then looked at Darkscale, confused. She patted his side gently, thankfully distracted from the alchemist. "What are you doing, little one?" Clary's instructions didn't meet a deaf ear, and she walked away from the obnoxious alchemist and began to use her staff's bottom end to seach the wreckage.
    4 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Rik's grin somehow widens. "Fuck yeah, looting! My favourite pastime other than inventing! And shooting!"
    4 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Clary went back into the cockpit and picked up her radio's mike. "Golden Fox to Juil Boar, come in!"
    3 minutes ago​
  • Childish Grumpino Childish Grumpino :
    Unslinging the power cell from his back, Rik has slid down the ladder from the upper cockpit in seconds and is beginning to pick through the debris left over from their battle.
    3 minutes ago​
  • Shadow Dragon:
    He purrs, and nuzzles against her hand.
    2 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    "We're all going to die out here," sighed Jevalia.
    2 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    No one from Juil Boar seemed to answer the radio. There was only static. And with that we bring the evening to a close. Will the group survive the trip, or even a single night? Can any of them make it to their destination? Perhaps we will never know.
    2 minutes ago​
  • Diana Diana :
    THE END
 

Attachments

  • Thank
Reactions: Diana

AnxiousEnby

I’m a sensitive crybaby 👉🏻👈🏻🥺
Invitation Status
Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adept
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Nonbinary, Transgender, Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern | Fantasy | Horror

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
Woohoo! (Now I'm just watching that whatever it is in The Mood Is Write's signature being cut open like a Tauntaun over and over again)
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Thank you for playin, darlings. 8D Keep an eye on this forum for future ChaRPs!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.