OFFICIAL EVENT ChaRP! 27 Prophecies - August 20th Thursday @ 12PM Central

Added to Calendar: 08-20-20

ARE YOU ATTENDING?


  • Total voters
    6

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female

27 PROPHESIES
AUGUST 20TH @ 12PM Noon Central Time​

In a small podunk tavern out in the middle of nowhere, a haphazard group of strangers unwittingly bear witness to a prophecy coming true. In fact, it's one of 27 prophecies heralding the end of the world.

Will anyone realize what they've seen? Will they join a quest to save the land from evil?


EVENT INFO


WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: You are a patron of this tavern, here for your own reasons. This is a high fantasy world, so you can be just about anything! Most people have heard of the "27 prophecies" but almost no one knows what the actual prophecies are.

WHEN: AUGUST 20TH - THURSDAY @ 12PM NOON CENTRAL TIME. Ending @ 3PM.

WHERE: Join us in the 27 PROPHECIES chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.



EASY CHARP TIPS!


Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Reminder that this is thursday! 8D
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
T O M M O R R O W
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
CHARP TOOOODAAAY!
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgenoble
Posting Speed
1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk
1597939524226.png
Name: Joti
Race: Human
Age: 22
Status: Street Urchin/Wannabe Revolutionary
Class: Rogue
Bio: Joti was born to petty nobility. From birth, the whole purpose of her existence was to become the most beautiful girl in the Realm so that she could win the heart of a Prince and raise her family to high status. But Joti could never meet her mother's standards for beauty, never be graceful enough or charming enough. When she was ten years old, her father died, and her mother quickly remarried a man with a young daughter who was sure to grow into a great beauty. Now that she had the daughter she always wanted, Joti's mother dressed her in peasant clothes and threw her out on the street to fend for herself.

Joti was taken in by a Fagin who taught her the skills of the Rogue's trade, but ruthlessly exploited her and other street children. When she was 16, she overthrew him and tried to run the gang as a cooperative. However, he had been highly ranked in the Shadow Men (the thieves' guild), and they refused to accept her as the new Master or Children. They cracked down on her group, captured or scattered the others, and put a price on Joti's head. She was forced to flee the Capital and eventually found her way to a hole-in-the-wall tavern in an isolated town...
 

The Mood is Write

Mom-de-Plume
SITE SUPPORT
DONATING MEMBER
Invitation Status
Looking for partners
Posting Speed
Multiple posts per day, 1-3 posts per day, One post per day, Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female, No Preferences
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.

• Mixed Genre
• Multiverse
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dystopia
• Displacement
• Military
• Dying Earth
• Supernatural
• Drama
• Mystery
• Horror
• Religious
• LBGT
• Crime/Detective
• Parody
• Comedy
• Tragedy
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
LOGS

  • Diana Diana :
    WELCOME TO 27 PROPHECIES
    Today at 12:28 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    This is a traditional fantasy setting, starting off in a tavern in the middle of the woods. Character actions and behavior has consequences for the world!
    Today at 12:28 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    TYPE FAST AND TYPE BRIEF. Keep posts under 10 sentences. The more you write, the easier it is to miss details or get left behind in the action.
  • Diana Diana :
    Put your character's name in the first sentence of all your posts so we know who you are playing. You can also use bbcode to color your posts to help differentiate between characters!
    Today at 12:28 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Game master posts always appear in this bright bold yellow, so make sure to pay attention to those as they are guiding the plot.
    Today at 12:28 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    My roleplays are always newbie friendly! If you get lost, confused, or need some hints I am in the main chat room to help out!
    Today at 12:28 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 12:29 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Deep in the woods lies a tavern called The Lackadaisy Lizard and it is, by most tavern standards a real hole in the wall dump. At least there's a big roaring fire, the tables are good solid wood, and the food is edible. A few regulars from the village far down the road were sitting at their usual places, along with a couple of strangers all enjoying the music of a traveling bard.
    Today at 12:53 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti slipped into the tavern, moving silently by instinct. She found a table where she could keep her back to the wall and seated herself.
    Today at 12:56 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    One of the busty barmaids, a lizard lady, (whose "bustyness" was actually just a couple of poorly disguised halved melons stuffed in her bodice) sauntered over to Joti's table. "Watssss you want girl? SSssstews good today. Mug o' ale, maybe?"
    Today at 1:02 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti clenched her teeth, once again ruing her lack of money. The bard they had playing was pretty good actually, especially for an inn this far out of the way. She might have wanted to tip them if she could have; instead, she'd probably have to lighten their purse if she wanted to eat tomorrow. "I'll take one o' each," she said to the lizard waitress, giving her a nod of her head instead of a smile. She'd heard (though she didn't know for sure if it was true) that lizard people took 'baring of teeth' as a gesture of hostility rather than friendliness.
    Today at 1:06 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    A short and scruffy human man in red and white striped pants, chainmail, and a belt full of tools, glanced around as he entered. He'd been away from his companions for some time now, and even Tiny wasn't with him. Tiny... he missed his pig.
    Today at 1:08 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    The scruffy man, known by many (but none here, as he'd just arrived) as Hare, looked around, then walked to Joti's table. "Mind if I join you?" Last time he'd done this, he'd made good friends... though also nearly died several times.
    Today at 1:10 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The bard in question was actually quite a lovely woman to be playing in a place like this, strumming on a loot while kicking her foot against a small drum on the floor. She seamlessly moved on into another song.
    Today at 1:11 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    That lizard barmaid eyeballed the interjecting man. "Ssssstew and ale for you too then?"
    Today at 1:11 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Please, and make the drink strong. I've had a day." Hare ran a hand through his greasy locks.
    Today at 1:13 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Off she bustled to get their meal, having to adjust her crooked melons along the way.
    Today at 1:13 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti made note of the man when he entered. Those red and white striped pants were rubbish for stealth, so probably not one of the Shadow Men...unless that was the point. But still, the chances of them tracking her here had to be remote...which was also the point, of her being here. "Sure," she said, when he came and asked to join her
    Today at 1:14 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    He took a seat beside her with a nod of thankfulness, then sighed. "Y'seen any large paladin women around 'ere? The sort what's surrounded by strange, mostly-human folk and a baby pig in armor?"
    Today at 1:15 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti blinked at the man. If that was supposed to be a pick-up line it was the strangest she'd ever heard. Not that she got many pick up lines. "Can't say I have."
    Today at 1:16 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Damn." He shook his head. "Those're my companions, y'see, and Ah cain't b'lieve they done left me behind... Even Tiny, me own pig-son," he mourned.
    Today at 1:17 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Quick as can be with two steaming bowls of stew and a couple of mugs, the lizard lady returned and clonked them on the table in front of the guests. Also clonking out onto the table was one of the halved melons. The entire bar went dead silent as she stood frozen for a moment. Then with a snort, she snatched up her melon and ran off to the back kitchens.
    Today at 1:19 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare stared a moment, then laughed softly. "Maybe Ah'll make 'er a set 'fore Ah go," he muttered, "Be less cold'n a damn fruit, that's fer sure." He shook his head and took a long drink of his ale before he started in on the stew with gusto, uncaring if it even tasted good.
    Today at 1:21 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Companions are overrated," Joti said. "Hmpf. Why do they even make her wear those? Everyone knows lizards don't have breasts."
    Today at 1:21 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "You make fake breasts?"
    Today at 1:22 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Even the bard had gone silent for a second there giving that cringe sort of expression as the barmaid escaped with her dignity in hand. So she quickly started a new song.
    Today at 1:22 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Ah kin, prolly. Felt enough ta know how they feel, and I'm a decent hand at leatherwork, since Ah'm a smitty 'n more."
    Today at 1:22 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti gave a brief scowl. "So you can make her fake breasts that feel like the real thing when some plonker grabs 'em. An' that's her life, fake breasts so human men can cop a feel."
    Today at 1:27 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare scowled and glanced at Joti before he shook his head. "Ah mean, she seems ta want 'em, so what's the harm in it, aye? At least it won't be cold like a damned raw fruit," he muttered, "She'll catch a chill, she keeps doin' 'at."
    Today at 1:30 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The tavern door opened so violently that it hit the wall with a WHAM and several patrons jumped in their seat and the bard's lute snapped a string. Standing there looking wild as an animal was an old man, bare ass naked and covered in mud and leaves. "Ale! I need an ale, by the gods' anus do I need an ale!"
    Today at 1:30 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare yelped as he turned to look, already reaching for his smithing hammer, before he sighed at the sight of the stranger. "Over 'ere, you kin 'ave mine!" he called. He knew too well what it meant to thirst for a good drink, before he called out to the kitchen. "Bring a pitcher of somethin' strong!"
    Today at 1:32 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Speaking of catching a chill," Joti muttered. "Not your fault, I guess. You just...never had to grow up knowing that your one purpose for existing was to be pretty for a man, and not even be able to do that."
    Today at 1:32 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Put ssssome pantssss on Fargusssss," complained the melon-busted barmaid as she reappeared with a pitcher of ale. "We can't be havin' thissss again." Fargus, as was apparently his name, waddled over to snatch up Hare's drink and swallow it in one gulp. "You donno what I seen, woman!"
    Today at 1:35 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    With a huff, Joti unclasped her ragged cloak. "Here, mate," she said, offering it to the man. "Not sure they'll serve you like that."
    Today at 1:35 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Some thief I am. But 'Fargus' looks worse off than me...
    Today at 1:36 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare rolled his eyes. "Aye, no, never, even when Ah was forcible shaved every inch t'service me crewmates on long voyages..." He looked at the barmaid and nodded. "Thank ye kindly," he said as he took the pitcher, then paused. "Another cup, aye?"
    Today at 1:36 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "You...what?!" Joti said. "Companions really are overrated, eh mate?"
    Today at 1:38 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Name's Joti," she said, offering him a hand.
    Today at 1:39 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Fargus wrapped up diaper-style and just grabbed the pitcher then, the bust barmaid throwing up her scaly hands as she flounced off to get another mug (and likely another pitcher as well). He didn't seem to care that he was interrupting a conversation.
    Today at 1:40 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Ah said me crewmates, not me companions. Diff'rent story, that. With me companions, they was too busy ruttin' on each other, and... random womenfolk would lunge 't me." He shook his head. "Ah go by Hare." He gave a brief nod. "Former sailor."
    Today at 1:40 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The bard finally fixed her lute and started plucking away her last song of the evening.
    Today at 1:41 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "So, Fargus, what did you see?" Joti said. "A big lady Paladin, some human-like folks, and a pig in armor?"
    Today at 1:41 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare looked at Fargus as well, "If so, tell me, and Ah'll buy ya twelve pitchers after Ah see 'em with me own eyes."
    Today at 1:43 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Oy, it's as big as the moon and as purple as a king's old balls!" Fargus exclaimed, having guzzled as much ale as he could. When the barmaid returned with another pitcher and mug and bent to set them on the table, her other melon popped out. Fargus just scooped it up and started chewing on it much to the woman's ire. "A spirit beast right out there in the wood, I seen!"
    Today at 1:46 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare stared, then shook his head. "Well, I'll no be gooin' out t'night, not a bit. 'Ope there's a big pot fer me room, aye."
    Today at 1:49 PM
  • Kitti:
    How in the seven hells Lowyn had ended up in this little shit town would have been an intricate work untangling the various threads of coincidence and... quite frankly, being far worse at reading a map than he'd like to admit. But here he was, evening and stuck here of all places. He'd scarcely slipped in the door when he overheard someone talking about the king's balls. He closed his eyes and wished intensely to be in the city again but teleportation was not one of his spells. He settled for taking a seat at the bar and counting coin to see if he had enough to get drunk enough to pretend it was.
    Today at 1:50 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    And I thought 'a big lady paladin and a pig in armor' was daft, Joti thought. "More like t' be moldy bread with some ergot as the origins of his 'purple spirit beast,' she muttered.
    Today at 1:50 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Seen enough shite t'keep well away even when 't comes t'the town drunk, aye. Everything turns out s'truth, and then, oh aye, time fer new trousers and then gettin' me cock jumped by the local seller," he grumbled.
    Today at 1:52 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Noting the newcomber--a wizard type by the looks of him--Joti started trying to come up with a plan. Books didn't come cheap, and becoming a wizard took a lot of books. Which meant, if anyone in this bar-shack would have some coin they wouldn't miss, it would be him.
    Today at 1:54 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Pelor's seed-caked tits, I swear I ain't doin' this," Hare grumbled as he downed a mug of ale and poured himself another.
    Today at 1:54 PM
  • Kitti:
    Lowyn paused carefully in the middle of counting, a copper bit stilling between his fingers after he glanced to the rowdiest section of the room and happened to see... a lot more than he'd usually get for free, at any rate. He tried to keep from making any awkward noises, aware that it was in fact more awkward to make them than to sit quietly and continue as though he hadn't seen or heard any of the conversation, though it had his rapt attention. If he'd been less interested in the view, he might have noticed that he was being sized up himself. But the view.
    Today at 1:55 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Having finished her last song, the bard packed up her lute into a small case and tucked it away with her drum. she headed over to the small bar to take a seat, very patiently waiting for service.
    Today at 1:55 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Whatever Fargus was going on about must've followed because several people came running inside the tavern, all looking as if they'd seen something truly terrifying. More terrifying than the old man's balls anyway. "It's... it's out there!"
    Today at 1:56 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Problem with wizards was, they had magic, an' how's a body supposed to sneak up on a magic protection spell? Then the wizard turned his attention toward them, because of course--that's when a crowd of people barged in, babbling about something "out there."
    Today at 1:57 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti grumbled--the perfect distraction--except it meant there just might be some purple spirit beast or whatever out there, and if it was a people-eater...well, where was it more likely to find people than right here?
    Today at 1:59 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare cursed as he heard someone who sounded young talking about it in a frightened voice. Damn, but he couldn't... really resist helping kids. He pushed himself up. "Ehlonna's foreskin and Olidammara's virgin-licked shithole, fine, Ah'll look...!" He walked to the door and peeked out as his hand traced along the head of his favorite hammer.
    Today at 2:00 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Alright, you said it was big an' purple, what else?" Joti asked Fargus. "Horns? Claws? Big teeth?"
    Today at 2:00 PM
  • Kitti:
    "It's... it's out there" The commotion managed to retrieve Lowyn's senses from the barmaid's bust at least, though it was not in any helpful capacity. He glanced to the bard who'd just packed away her instrument and moved a little more behind her and ideally out of sight. After the big brutish fighters, everyone always turned their begging eyes to the magic sorts for help when something foul reared its head. Lowyn had not spent twelve years in a tower studying spells to go about banging goblins on the head with his stick. As he made further movements to hide himself, he managed to bang into the lute case and knock it over, making a rather loud "thunk". Hells...
    Today at 2:00 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "It just purple god's anus be damned! Big an purple!" screamed Fargus. All his new companions nodded their heads in agreement. None of them seemed to be able to describe the thing!
    Today at 2:02 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Hey, watch my stuff," huffed the bard, stooping to retrieve her lute. She didn't seem to care a whit about the ongoing chaos, compared to all the other bar patrons.
    Today at 2:03 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti got up, and throwing-knives twirled into her hands as if by magic, but it was really just a bit of prestidigitation. She moved to back Hare up.
    Today at 2:03 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare continued to look out the door, not leaving it just yet, because... if it was just big and purple and not attacking anything, why bother pursuing it?
    Today at 2:04 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The weird sound that was very akin to a horn being blown under water while a thousand women screamed over the dead bodies of their fallen families was Hare's answer. It echoed so loud in the tavern that it nearly split some ears.
    Today at 2:07 PM
  • Kitti:
    The bit about the lute was fair, he'd have been chafed if someone knocked his things over. "Apologies, no harm meant." He was definitely not trying to use her as a visual shield, what a ridiculous notion. He was not equipped to deal with what sounded to by the evils of the color purple, anyway. The whole affair was better handled by the one twirling knives. "You know if they serve anything worth eating here?"
    Today at 2:07 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti looked around the bar, quickly taking in defensible locations and potential escape routes. Bugger! The wizard was fully distracted, but if they were about to be attacked by a monster, her best chances of survival would probably involve teamwork. "You! Wizard! Any of your books say anything about that?" she said, shuddering a little as the echoes of the creature's cries faded.
    Today at 2:09 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "The food is alright I gu-" the ear splitting terrible noise had her cringing and covering her ears, but more alarmingly, the little bauble she was wearing around her neck had started to glow a soft violet light. She seemed to be stunned by this new development herself!
    Today at 2:11 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Liquid hit the dusty floor of the bar, trailing down Hare's legs as, for a moment, his eyes lost focus out of fear. The strong scent of a dedhydrated man's piss wafted to those unfortunate enough to be closeby at the time before Hare shook his head to try to clear it. He looked back toward the kitchen. "Is there a cellar what people can hide out in?" he called.
    Today at 2:11 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The lizard barmaid that now only had one half-melon tit was flailing her arms. "Ssssomeone go out there and kill it before it comesssss in here after ussss! I can't losssse ANOTHER bar!"
    Today at 2:13 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti wrinkled her nose at the smell of the man's piss. "And be trapped?" The she turned to the barmaid. "'Another' bar? You've ran into this thing before?"
    Today at 2:14 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Thissss happenssss almost every week, honessstly." complained the barmaid. "Ssssomeone alwayssss tearin up my bar!"
    Today at 2:15 PM
  • Kitti:
    Scrunching up his face in an obvious display of exasperation, Lowyn emphasized it with a sigh. "Sure, sure, I've coincidentally made my life's work discovering the "banish loud noises" spell," he returned, tying up his coin pouch and returning it to the folds of his robe. "I call it 'noticus my jobbicus'." Even still, he stood and started rolling up his sleeves. Being asked for help was the worst. He hated that he couldn't properly refuse an impassioned plea. It was probably a curse put on him by someone because it was really annoying. "Does no one have any idea what it could be? No?" He moved to the window.
    Today at 2:15 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Shouldn've come 'ere, nope..." Hare whispered to himself, then glanced over at the wizard. "Someone said t'was a spirit creature," he said, not sure if he was actually helpful at all.
    Today at 2:17 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Too bad," Joti said. "I bet you've got a wizened old teacher who'd know exactly what we're up against."
    Today at 2:18 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Lowyn was the first to see it on his daring to look out the window. Out amongst the trees it glow a violet hue, was possibly as large as a mammoth, and across it's mishapen face was a crescent row of teeth reflecting the light of the moon. Something about it was ethereal and unholy. Strange, otherworldly, and eerie. Just the sight of it gave goosebumps, but when it opened it's mouth, the hellish sound that came out was terrifying.
    Today at 2:20 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    At the hideous wail outside, the bauble on her neck glowed again, this time even brighter. The bard glanced around fretfully, snatched up her lute case and small drum and skittered about the room looking for a good place to hide. "Crap! This is going to be bad!"
    Today at 2:21 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Peering over Hare's shoulder, Joti's eyes went wide at the sight of the creature. Whatever it was, it wasn't something she could go toe to toe with. She glanced back, trying to get an idea of how many people were there, and how fast they could move, when she saw glowing light, coming from the bard's necklace. "Oi! What's that! You didn't take that pretty from a sorcerer or some old temple did you?"
    Today at 2:24 PM
  • Kitti:
    Mention of a wizened old teacher brought Lowyn's memories of his former master quickly forth and he tried not to laugh about it. He was fully convinced that Tharisan would have been out the door and trying to make whatever it was a slave to his bidding a full hour before anyone here had a chance to do anything to it. And then he would have destroyed the bar anyway, most likely. Through the window, though, his focus was overtaken quickly by the... spirit beast, indeed. Spirit beast indeed. Not a wizard, a warlock, Loywn tapped into his familiar. 'Any idea what fresh hell this is, Zyl?' It was met with the impression of a shrug.
    Today at 2:24 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare whimpered softly as he stared at the thing through the open door. A tiny dribble escaped his loins: all he had left in his bladder. He... wait.
    Today at 2:25 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare darted back to the kitchen. "Bottles, bottles of booze that ain't watered down!" he shouted to the lizard woman. "And rags! Uncork the bottles and lay out the rags!" Time to make some of his bomb-cocktails...!
    Today at 2:26 PM
  • Kitti:
    And then... looking at the monster and trying to decide if he should flee the bar first or hide, words seemed to come tinkling back to memory. Let not the piper... what should he not let the piper do? He was certain it was bad. Die? It was probably die. He pushed away from the window and turned to look seriously at the group. "Can any of you play the pipes?"
    Today at 2:26 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "I'm not even from here," huffed the bard. Surely there was a backdoor through the kitchen, she figured, then stumbled when the man mentioned pipes. Refusing to answer that one, she skittered for the kitchens!
    Today at 2:28 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I can play a reed flute," Joti said, "but if you want music t' soothe a savage beast, magic necklace girl is probably the one you're looking for."
    Today at 2:29 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Oh no you ain't! No firesssss in my tavern again! Nope! Not another one! You besssst start waving ssssome ssswordsss around!" screamed the lizard barmaid.
    Today at 2:29 PM
  • Kitti:
    The bard was the obvious first guess and Lowyn didn't miss her freezing at the word 'pipes'. Was it her? Why was she running? Had she done something with those pipes? Well, a guess was his best for now. "Anyone who can't play the pipes, kindly help me keep those of you who can from... dying. It would be bad if you died, I'm fairly certain." He frowned. Why this shit town of all the places he could've spent the night? Perhaps it was time to summon Zyl. The no fires bit might be a problem, though.
    Today at 2:33 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare glared, then shoved some coin into the lizard's hand. Gold. Not copper or silver. "Help me out here! I'll rebuild it and make you a set of tits!" He spotted the bard, then caught her by the arm. "You help too or we'll all fucking die!"
    Today at 2:34 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Bugger," Joti muttered when Hare left to do...whatever. Magic Necklace Girl looked like she was wanting to take to her feet as well. Joti ducked out of the doorway. The wizard seemed to know something, but there'd be no time to explain if the creature decided to attack. And she couldn't help but notice the distinct lack of towering maiden Paladins--or anyone else with the kind of heavy armor and weapons needed to hold ground against a giant monster.
    Today at 2:36 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "So...we have to protect her? How, exactly?"
    Today at 2:37 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "Swords ye say?!" Fargus, only wrapped in the scrap of fabric Joti was kind enough to give him grabbed one of the decorative swords from the fireplace mantle. "I'll fight it! For the teets of the Lizard Wench that have always been sweet!" The barmaid's scales had turned from a beautiful green to a ruddy red. "FINE. BURN DOWN MY TAVERN AGAIN! GET YER BOTTLESSSS HERE!" It was good timing too because the spirit beast outside had zeroed in on the tavern itself, zooming across the forest floor at an alarming speed towards the brave Joti. Long tendrils of purple were shooting out to grab!
    Today at 2:37 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "What?! No! Just leave me out of this okay! I seriously have nothing to do with this crap!" howled the bard struggling to get loose from Hare. "Seriously! I have my own problems!"
    Today at 2:38 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti threw her knives at the creature, then rolled under a table and chairs, letting their legs entangle the tentacles. Then she drew her falcata and slashed at another as she continued her roll and came to her feet, retreating in a zigzag pattern around more tables and chairs.
    Today at 2:41 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "It'll catch up t'ye if we don't kill et!" Hare shouted, "Or are y'as daft as a child what's been beat on the head!? Yer glowing th'same color, et's after _you_!" Hare stared at the girl, then held her with a strong hand as he walked the barmaid through making molotov cocktails. "Wet the cloths 'afore you stick em in, and don't stick em too loose or too tight, lest they splash an' burn us, or they don't ignite. We gotta have a strong throwin' arm, too!" He helped as much as he could one-handed. "Only light the rags a count of three beforey you throw em or you'll nail the wrong thing!"
    Today at 2:43 PM
  • Kitti:
    Permission to set fire granted, Lowyn noted with relief. Fewer people shrieking complaints at him when Zyl happened to torch a spare rug. He wished that he could remember how that damned rhyme went, he was actually pretty sure that the word "bad" hadn't featured into it at all but it was a definite feeling. "I think you can let her get a little injured if you need, but dying is bad." If she got a little banged up, well, she'd probably survive that. He couldn't really lock her up... or could he? No, no time. From the pockets of the robe, Lowyn pulled out some sort of crystalline dagger and had started carving something into his own arm in fairly short order. "Zylzytan er'ix ig kveft," this was his least favorite part, the pain. At least a demon stag had some sort of chance against a spirit mammoth.
    Today at 2:43 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    Those long tentacles were getting everywhere, and as soon as they wrapped around an ankle or an arm YANK! That poor tavern patron was dragged across the floor and straight into it's gaping crescent moon mouth. Whatever the purple beast was made up, it seemed intangible, knives went right through it, and only time it was solid enough for Zargus to lop off a tentacle was when it swallowed another patron. The bard's bauble was definitely a matching glowing purple now.
    Today at 2:45 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    "It's a coincidence," she tried to explain away, but even she had to notice the matching purple. However, the small bard really had no desire to hang around while a tentacle monster was eating people up and apparently seeking her out?! She kicked Hare real hard in the shin to get herself free!
    Today at 2:46 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Once they were made, Hare held a hand over the bottles and started _praying_ of all things. Even after his earlier sacrilege. He was, of all things, _blessing_ the damned things, only to grunt in pain as she kicked his shin. He waited until she tugged, then used her momentum and strength to shove her away from himself, to crash into a pile of dirty pots and pans and dishes. Bitch.
    Today at 2:48 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Catching the drift of Hare's plan, Joti took a more direct approach: dodging tentacles and ducking around obstacles, she dove and rolled toward a wall, coming up next to a sconce with an oil lamp. She grabbed the lamp and hurled it toward the beast's main body. Bonus: with one of the lamps gone, it got a little darker, making her a little harder to find. Now if she could get to the other lamps...
    Today at 2:49 PM
  • Kitti:
    As usual, the area around Lowyn's feet was incinerated when he could open his eyes again and he was glad that there wouldn't be much ado about it. Especially if the monster destroyed the whole place anyway. The girl was tangling with another patron in the bar and at least mercifully avoiding the tentacles. Lowyn couldn't spend too much attention on her, though, his focus was being funneled inexorably into the ten-foot-tall jet black stag that he'd summoned inside the bar. Perhaps he should have tried to do it outside? The stag might have been noteworthy for its size but the eight antlers tipped in glowing golden eyes usually won out. One of the tentacles curled around an antler and was engulfed in a flash of flame.
    Today at 2:52 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Wha?" Joti exclaimed as the stag appeared. The last thing they needed was another magic monster--oh. "At least the wizard's gonna be useful," she muttered, tipping a table up to block a pair of tentacles surging her way, then rolling it sideways to cover her as she tried to get closer to another lamp.
    Today at 2:55 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Her own blades had thus far proven entirely helpless against the creature.
    Today at 2:56 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Clear!" Hare shouted. He waited until people could dive away before he threw the first lit bottle, aiming for the inside of the monster's mouth.
    Today at 2:56 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The crescent moon spirit seemed to react quite negative to the spirit stag and to the lamp and blessed molotov fire, but it was so focused on it's quarry that it pushed all the way through the doorway anyway, filling up the entire ceiling with it's massive purple spirit body. If a spirit could drip evil, this one certainly did, almost literally as it's tentacles dropped drop from the ceiling and snatched up more people. BLOP. There went another swallowed patron. It quickly found the glow of the bard's bauble as she was scrambling out of the dirty pots n' pans and circled one of it's tentacles around her.
    Today at 2:57 PM
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti ducked behind the table, but kept it rolling. Almost there...
    Today at 2:57 PM
  • Diana Diana :
    The bard couldn't even properly curse out the pirate before a tentacle grabbed her, and like anyone would, screamed bloody murder.
    Today at 2:58 PM
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare grabbed her, performing a suplex in order to get her free of the tentacle. "Stupid wench!" This is why you ought be 'elpin us! Yer in the way!"
    Today at 3:00 PM
  • Kitti:
    "Damn..." Lowyn was steadying himself with a table but Zyl was already moving in force. The stag was at least generally mindful of his wishes, even if he didn't always accomodate them. The stag reared and lunged for the tentacle. If the girl got a little bit stabbed, that was fine, right? Lowyn shrugged in agreement. Who died of a little stabbing? No demonic fire this close, though. He couldn't remember what the bad thing was but it was... bad.
    59 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Bugger all! Joti thought as the creature oozed into the bar, and now its tentacle where spreading across the ceiling and dropping down like rain. Joti abandoned the table and lunged for the lamp. A tentacle wrapped around her waist and started to lift her off her feet. With a groan of effort, she stretched out her hand, grabbed at the lamp, fumbled it, grabbed again, and it was in her hand, singing her skin with dribbles of burning oil. But now she had a flame she could use to sever the tentacle. She landed on her feet in a crouch, then hurled the lamp to shatter at the base of the creature's main body, sending a spreading pool of flaming oil its way.
    57 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    What luck that the bard was suplexed and antlered free of the tentacle without getting stabbed (though was now knocked unconscious from the chaos). Joti's second lamp made the spirit create hiss a terrible demonic sound, and encouraged by it, the melon-busted barmaid helped by throwing a few more of the molotov cocktails. ...the consequences, of course, was now the whole tavern was catching on fire.
    54 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare shoved the girl down into a cellar and locked the door. At least this way she wasn't IN the way. He returned to the fight and wrapped his hammer in alcohol-soaked cloth. He ignited it, then charged forward, whacking tentacles with it and freeing what few patrons remained. "Git out while ye can! Ah'll cover ye!"
    51 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    To be honest, Lowyn was impressed that there hadn't been even a bit of collateral stabbing. And the fire wasn't even his fault! Really, could one hope for a day more free from blame? Even if the girl died and the world faded, he could probably still pat himself on the back. Hmm, had that been it? Saving the girl to save the world seemed a bit far-fetched, though. And she was such a difficult little scamp thus far, too. Lowyn was in no shape to get the girl out of the building, especially unconscious. "Take her... outside," he said, pointing at Joti in a deputizing manner. Lowyn himself was currently being dragged through a large hole in the wall by the stag who was opposed to his pactmate dying... at least anonymously in a shitty town, without any sort of glory or fame.
    50 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    There was no way Joti was going to be able to reach the last two lamps; there was too much of the creature in the way. So what else would burn? Aha! she thought, running to scoop up the Bard's lute. Hope she won't miss this too much, she thought, holding it by the neck and setting the other end alight. "Uh..." she said to the wizard's command. That would be rather hard to do, now that she was locked in the cellar!
    49 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "She's on the cellar steps!" Hare offered, helpfully.
    49 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    Fire! Fire everywhere! The lizard barmaid was yelping and wailing about her burning tavern, even as the flames were catching all the walls and all over the spirit creature. All of the patrons that were left (including the barmaid who sadly lost the other half of her melon) were safely outside. All that was missing was the unconscious bard, now trapped in the cellar as fire consumed the tavern.
    47 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Using the flaming lute to ward off tentacles, Joti made her way to the cellar door. So I've got to back myself into a trap with no way out, get the girl who's either dead weight or an outright pest, with her bright glowing necklace making stealth impossible... "Does it want her, or the necklace?" Joti said as she reached the door.
    46 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "I'll cover ye!" Hare said as he swung his burning hammer at the thing.
    46 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    "The rhyme didn't say anything about the necklace dying," Lowyn offered, forgetting that he had yet to mention the rhyme to anyone. "Probably fine if we test it out and see." He was unsteady on his feet, fingers bracing on the splintered wood of the wall through which he was still being dragged. "I can get out myself, but thank you. Maybe if you stopped pestering me and started harassing, you know, the tentacle monster?" Lowyn snapped at it. Then, after a silent moment, he muttered "... was uncalled for...you know I didn't... hurt your feelings... sorry."
    43 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Guess companions aren't always overrated," Joti said as she opened the door and ran down the stairs to grab the Bard, aiming the fiery lute up the stairs to fend off any tentacles that might pursue her.
    42 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare, as promised, whacked at various tentacles that started toward Joti, allowing none to get past. He threw another molotov at the thing's open mouth with a shout, sweat weighing him heavily.
    39 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    The bard was at the bottom of the stairs and rubbing her head in confusion and as soon as she saw her flaming lute, she was ready to put up a real good tantrum about it -- and then promptly changed her mind seeing the tons of fire raining down behind the other girl. "Why does everyone in this godforsaken world always set everything on fire!" She glanced around until she spotted some old woolen blankets and then dunked them in some barrels of water. "Take this so you won't get burned!"
    37 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    So the Bard was awake--at least she now seemed inclined to help instead of causing trouble. "If they keep havin' their bars burnt down, maybe they built a back way out of here," Joti said, then, with Hare keeping the tentacles at bay with his flaming hammer, Joti started tapping at the walls and the floor, searching for any hidden doors.
    34 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    Mollified and assured that Lowyn was generally outside the flaming building, Zyl the Stag did as requested and turned its attention to the spirit mammoth. He was relieved that there were humans around to take care of the girl, protecting things was never really a demon's strong suit. The tentacles were being worked upon by the flames and hammers and flaming hammers which meant that Zyl could get to the good part - trying to ram an antler through the creature's eyes or other fleshy bits should the eyes be unavailable. Zyl lowered his head and charged the creature's face.
    32 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    There was, quite thankfully, a second cellar door that led straight to the outside. With the wet wool blankets to protect them from the heat and the growing flames, the few were able to stagger outside into the fresh air just as the burned tavern collapsed down on itself. The spirit create rose up above the flames only to get speared right in the eye by the spirit tag and a terrible ear piercing shriek filled the air! By the time everyone's ears stopped ringing, the bauble on the bard's necklace had stopped glowing and and the purple spirit had faded away as if it had never been there at all.
    30 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare, the last one out, covering their backs, coughed as he quickly patted out the fire on his hammer before he removed the rag and stomped it to put it out the rest of the way. He inspected his hammer mournfully. He'd... need a new one. Or to repair it. His legs... .suddenly felt far, far too weak, though, and he fell down onto his butt.
    27 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Thanks for the blanket," Joti said to the bard. "Uh...sorry about this," she said, gesturing with the smoldering remnant of her lute, just the neck now, and a forlorn bit of ashen remains of its resonance chamber.
    27 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Hey--guess we get to call you Hare Firehammer now, eh?"
    27 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Then she turned to the wizard (not that she could tell the difference between a wizard and a warlock...). "You said something about a rhyme? About her? So, what, she's the Chosen One or something?"
    25 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Under sweat-streaked ash and soot on his face, he reddened. "Ravver you didn', guv..." Still, he flashed a smile.
    25 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    The bard stood outside with the rest, her hands on her head as she speechlessly watched the tavern burn. It took her forever to get that lute... and her drum was gone now as well! "That's cool... it's fine. It's-- what. Chosen what? Oh no, don't loop me into any of this! I told you I'm not from around here!"
    25 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "I'll help replace anything what was lost in the fire, if I kin build it," Hare offered, open to anyone. "Since... burnin' fings was my idear..."
    24 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Yeah, me neither," Joti said, "but I don't have a special magic necklace, and giant spirit creatures out to get me. Congratulations, Chosen One, you're looping us in, not the other way around. Isn't that how it works?"
    23 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    Decidedly not sorry, Lowyn had managed to remain standing but he could empathize with the large man who'd flopped onto the dirt. Satisfied that the stabbing of the day was more or less complete, he gratefully released Zyl back to the nether and reclaimed full use of his own thoughts. "There was... a rhyme that Master heard somewhere, no idea where the hell the codger got to anyway. He actually had a few. Something about the lizard and the spirit brought it back to mind. I don't know if it's her, just some hogwash probably about keeping pipers safe to save the world."
    23 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    The poor, poor lizard barmaid was staring at her burning tavern crying the biggest tears.
    22 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti blew out the last tongues of flame on the lute's neck. "Right, Mr. Wizard, tell us the rhyme, an' I'll try to make a nice tune," she said, strumming the air where the rest of the lute used to be.
    21 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Whale Mother's tits," the small man grunted, "Chosen ones... 'ey neveh loik t'be chosen, y'know?" He glanced around, then to the lizard barmaid, and forced himself to his wobbly feet. "M'sorry, Miss. Yer tavern'll be the first thing I rebuild, and I'll make it so's it don't burn too easy, yeah?" He tried to keep his voice gentle. "I owe ye tha' much."
    20 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "What." Her face had gone ashen, staring at the wizard like he'd basically said demon were flying out his ass or something. "...I really, really don't have anything to do with this though. It's just. But. My name is Piper, but I swear to god this has nothing to do with me! I'm from Florida for god's sake! You don't even know what that is, but I swear it's far, far away from here!"
    20 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare heard that name before... He KNEW it. He whirled and looked at Piper. "You know about Detroit!?" He asked suddenly.
    19 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Are all people from your world TERRIBLE at protecting yourself!?"
    18 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Florida." Joti had never heard of the place. Even the name sounded ridiculous. And now 'Detroit?' "So...you two from the same country then?"
    18 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "NO!" Hare sounded offended.
    17 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    From the bones of his cheeks to the tips of his ears, Lowyn had turned from his usual unhealthy pasty color to a remarkable shade of puce. "I will not repeat it," he said evasively as memories surfaced of the words to the rhyme. He had a laugh about her name being Piper, though. "Saving maidens was not part of my studies and you'd do well to learn how to beat things with some sort of weapon, chosen one or no."
    17 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "Look, I'm just trying to survive and stuff out here and I was doing just fine until today," she too looked offended.
    15 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    Joti headed over to the lizard barmaid and put a consoling hand on her shoulder. "Sorry about your bar. Have you ever wanted to do something else with your life? Like, I dunno, go on adventures? Seems like the adventures keep coming to you, so, I dunno, maybe you could join us and take the fight to them."
    15 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare sighed, then looked at Piper. "Listen, girl. People from your world are terrible at survivin' on their own If you want it, you can stick 'round with me while I work on rebuildin' the tavern and helpin' to restock it. I'll cover your expenses long 'nuff fer you to get yer feet back on the ground, and I'll teach ya a mite about a fightin' with a dagger."
    13 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    She turned back to the wizard. "Fine, you don't have to recite the verses. But what does it say? Are there more of those creatures out there? Any, oh, I dunno, Dark Lords or Lich Emperors or anything like that out to get her before the next big eclipse or whatever? Because we need to know, or at least she does."
    13 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    Fargis, now ass naked again because he'd lost his wrapping somewhere in the fray, was stroking his beard thoughtfully. "Say, reminds me of that old prophecy child tale. How it go again? 'A wildman suckles upon the breast of the scaled maid. Bare witness to the violet moon under emerald shade. Let not the piper be slain or thy world soon fade.' And here I am! Bare as a babies ass as witness!"
    12 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    Lowyn scarcely looked up at Piper from his new position seated on the ground, busy as he was starting to bandage the gaping wound on his arm that was starting to dribble blood onto the grass. "I'm just telling you that it seems a reasonable idea. No skin off my nose if you choose to rely on the kindness of strangers time and again to save you. Personally, I'd rather do some stabbing of my own instead."
    12 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "...I think I'm going to throw up."
    12 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "I think I've enough energy for healin, if you need it, warlock," Hare offered, his tone slightly wary.
    11 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    Lowyn bristled at the woman's words. "I know some very charming liches and frankly most of what you hear about from the criers is really just slander..."
    10 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "A Prophecy," Joti said. "Because of course there would be a Prophecy. What else, is that the whole thing? And why is she special? I know, Chosen One and all, but chosen by who and for what?"
    9 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare blinked. "I think the girl meant seein' Fargis's arsehole."
    9 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    At least he wasn't being bullied into reciting some kind of poetry about breasts. That much was worth being grateful for, at least. "It's better for the blood oath if it heals on its own, but thank you for the offer."
    9 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Blood oath?" Joti said. "I think I'll draw a line at blood oaths. Protecting Miss Chosen One here is one thing, but..."
    7 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    Hare nodded and cracked his neck, then let out a heavy sigh before he shook out his arms. "Well, if anyone needs me... Ah'll b'wettin' the tavern, so as it don't burn the forest down, too." He walked to the nearby well and filled a bucket—given his size, carrying it would likely be hilarious. to watch, as he wasn't even five feet tall.
    Edited
    7 minutes ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "I thought I was the chosen one, being a bare witness an eatin' up the scalies fine melons an all," huffed old Fargus he got clonked real good on the head by the lizard barmaid, who then shouted at the rest. "I've had enough of all thissss! Take your prophecy child and git! All of youssss! I don't need the chaos of quessstsss and propheciessss."
    6 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "D'ya want me to at least stick 'round long enough to rebuild the tavern?" Hare asked. He didn't really want to go back on his word, after all.
    5 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "I get a feeling we're not going to get to stick around. That's not how these things usually work." Joti said.
    3 minutes ago
  • Kitti:
    Lowyn looked indignant about the line being drawn at blood oaths but he was torn between reminding the girl that his blood oath had led to the stabbing of the mammoth and his sudden realisation that this was his easy out from being roped into some kind of adventure. "I'm positively dripping with blood oaths," he blurted out before thinking the sentence through. He tried to look menacing as an afterthought.
    3 minutes ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Oh, you can take all the blood oaths you want," Joti said. "I just draw a line at me having to take one. You were good back there."
    2 minutes ago
  • The Mood is Write The Mood is Write :
    "Any of you gonna help me put the fire out?" Hare called.
    1 minute ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "OFF! ALL OF YE! GONE FROM HERE! YOU AND YOUR PROPHECY CHOSEN CHILD." Howled the lizard barmaid, pointing the lot of them towards the trail that led deep into the forest.
    A moment ago
  • Zarko Straadi Zarko Straadi :
    "Mr. Wizard here still hasn't told us if we need to be running away from here before more critters show up," Joti said.
    A moment ago
  • Diana Diana :
    "I'm not a chosen one or a prophecy child!" insisted Piper the bard from Florida.
    A moment ago
  • Diana Diana :
    Many the bar patrons were ready to run them all out of town too. If the group stayed together, the barmaid certainly didn't know or care. But one thing was for certain. A prophecy had come true and anyone who knew of prophecy knew that if this one was true, there were now 26 more prophecies to come... UNTIL THE NEXT PROPHECY.
 

Diana

Divine Space Witch Ò◇Ó
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
Invitation Status
Not accepting invites at this time
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Preferred Character Gender
Female
This charp was delightful good fun and will def be getting a sequel! 8D Stay tuned to the events forum for future schedule!