Caught Somewhere in Time

A

Apro

Original poster
"A Guinea Pig?! What the Hell is wrong with you?!" She screamed, a sickened, disgusted angry voice she held as she vented her frustration at her "brilliant" boyfriend.

"It's safe Baby I swear! You know I need to be on this end to be able to link the nodes so the Temperal Displacement Vehicle can sled it's way back to the exact second after you leave!" He pleaded, desperately trying to convince her to indulge his hefty request.

"You're asking me to use a toy that you're completely guessing about! WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN!" her voice erupted like a fiery volcano of rage, "WHAT IF I END UP STUCK?!"

"You won't baby I promise! You trust me right? You know I've been working the Last 5 years on this project, It'll work honey I swear it!" He finished, hoping that this convinced her.

To his surprise she calmed down and nodded as she stepped closer to her man, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I trust you, darling, I'll go, send me to the future." She said smiling as she kissed him, right before she stepped into the TDV, a sleek pod with a aesthetic design inspired by the lightcycles from Tron. Nervously, she strapped herself in, a pistol being dropped into the pod with her,

"In case you need it, you never know." Her boyfriend stated before walking over to the control panel.

"I love you." She said, flipping on the power controls and readying the temperal puncher jets. "Magnetic sling waiting for pullback current."

Sliding the current knob up to give off the extreme magnetic attraction they needed, "I love you too Babydoll, Current enabled, beginning sling loading, Jets to fire in 5"

All she could do was take a deep sigh as she slid a knob in the cockpit that had "Jet Array Power Up" and the distinctive hiss of the power supplies for the jets over powered anything she could've heard from her boyfriend. The Final Countdown was given to her by the Pod's computerized voice which was designed to match his voice, "5" it started, her finger trembling as it waiting to throw the switch that would plow through the veils of time itself or blow up and kill her, her whole life seemed to flash before her eyes in these final few seconds she had. "4" Her whole body shook now, her eyes clenched shut, she was terrified. With the all the noise and the uncertainty of her success, it was like the climax of a nightmare she'd always wanted to have but never had the guts to imagine. "3" Oh god, 2 more seconds.....she thought, Two more seconds and it could all be over.......her thoughts were focused on how her boyfriend's experiment could end in a complete disaster that would end her life. "2" What would happen if the pod gets damaged on the other side and I'm stuck in the future!? oh Jesus why'd I agree to this?! Her mind began to panic, every little thought was an entirely different terror for her to experience. "1.....Punch it Babydoll!" The computer finished, and with a terrified scream she threw the switch.

The pod began to pull back while the room seemed to pull forward, and in the whole of a split second, the room filled with a bright blueish white blinding flash and every noise was drowned out by a boom that could've been on par with a bomb going off inside of a bell. He looked around the room once his sight returned and noticed the pod had disappeared, two walls of flame over the sides of the sling track and a huge black scorch mark on the wall where the pod would be busting through the barriers of time. He broke down into tears and fell to his knees as he realized his success, "I...I did it! I DID IT! I MADE TIME TRAVEL A PHYSICAL POSSIBILITY! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS, VERA WENT INTO THE FUTURE!!!!"

His victory over science was short lived as he soon realized she should've been back by now, and he was completely blocked from giving her help. The exact second after she left she was supposed to return and it had now been over a minute, and all that happened was that he'd extinguished the fires. She was still in the future.....

The exact second she left, she found herself being ejected by a parachute from the pod as it skidded and flipped around over the ground like a skipping rock. Skidding to her own stop she quickly cut herself loose from the chute and ran over to the pod, the jets completely destroyed, she was trapped in the future, and instead of taking time to see what this future looked like she broke down and cried, cried over the loss of everyone she loved, cared about or even simply were acquainted with, they were all gone. Crying herself out, she stood up and looked around, noticing that not only was the past she knew gone, but everything was gone, she was in a dim desert littered with ruins of a city she couldn't recognize. She'd gone into a future that realized the worst fears of humanity, the collapse of civilization, the end, and now she only had one thing she could do, and that was find help.

With that, she picked up the pod and started to see if she could use it as a simple bike but it was useless, nothing on it worked anymore, so she grabbed the pistol and set off on foot.

Three days had passed and she'd become cynical and burnt out quicker than most would, adding the loss of her everything with the realization she'd now survived the apocalypse, it was hard on her to cope. Her hardened personality showed out now, as she came across a couple of ugly thugs who started following her around, calling out things she considered harrassment, and the moment the big uglier one said, "whats yer name pretty ladeh?" She turned and flashed a smile before shooting both of them and saying, "Call me Babydoll......" before again turning her back and walking away.

RULES AND DESCRIPTION:
This is the story of a Young Woman called Babydoll, a prisoner of the future and a relic of a time long passed by. Her journey through the Wasteland of the Future and her quest to find a way home, as well as her burning drive to stop this horrible future from coming to pass. How will it affect her, the truth behind this nightmare that looms in the generations to come? Will she be the hero of the future? or the Demon of the Past?

No godmodding, autohitting, etcetc Common Knowledge

If you sign up to be a character in the Home time period, you will not be in the future, as the future this story starts off in is 500 years beyond her home time period of 2018. Vice Versa characters from the future will not have even been close to thought of in the Home Time Period and thus will not present when the Era Shift happens.

This RP will cover the relatively near future, (50 -500 years from 2018) the Distant Future (1000- 1000000 Years after 2018) the relatively close past (50 -500 in the past) to the distant Past (1000 - 380, 000, 000 years before 2018) And will involve on Babydoll travelling the realms of time and space at first, and then a small group brought together to do a job with the timestream.

This RP will be Violent, Dark in tone, Gritty and will involve cursing. It is not for the light of heart, and will take some turns into the horrors of what could go wrong with Time travel.

Character:

Name: Vera "Babydoll" Messer

Personality: She was once a sweet girl, loving and caring, however, being trapped in the future has hardened her, the thought of knowing everyone she cared about, or even knew was dead, has hastened this, made even quicker by the fact that she was originally a soft mouthy scaredy cat. In her opinion, Vera died when the Displacement Sledbike fired its way through the veils of time, and Only Babydoll remained, a vixen that doubled as a rattle snake with the rattle cut off.

Appearance: Refer to the Avatar Picture

History: She was a wealthy intelligent child, girly but interested in science and rather good at it. She was a bit spoiled, which led to her being quick to voice her less than truly educated opinion, though she was quick to apologize when proven wrong. She grew up either playing video games, reading books on science, or doing experiments to make pretty things, when she wasn't forced to do the normal girl thing of going to the mall and looking at "hot" boys with her, more girly girl friends. She loved her studies, and in college she met a boy she thought was cute enough and was a genius, a real life Peter Parker to her. She teamed up with him on more than his time travelling studies becoming his girlfriend rather quickly though her highschool friends were not as approving. They were together for 2 years, Babydoll having entered College early due to her grades, up until the moment his device trapped her in a time far beyond her own, leaving her to figure out her way back.

Home Time Period: 2018

CS Skeleton:

Name

Personality

Appearance

History

Home Time Period

Name: Darren Rondeau (boyfriend)

Personality: Physics and Astrophysics genius - always talking a million miles a minute about psysics, and the possibility of time travel and any other possibilities. Somewhat annoying to others, but very lighthearted and goofy. Tends to get himself in over his head, but it always works out in the end because of his ability to learn quickly.

Appearance: Brown hair, eyes, beard, mustache. 6'1'' 195lbs, lanky, lithe muscles from minimal working out on week days.
Babydoll-scientist.jpgBabydoll-scientist2.jpg

History: Grew up with both parents and no siblings in a suburban home. Parents both worked, had time for their only child but only on weekends. Darren was not a loner but he only had one or two friends that he played with after school who also enjoyed science. Was bullied a bit but was a teachers pet and they constantly looked out for him during school hours. Always had high grades and in high school graduated valedictorian of his class. Recieved a scholorship for science and met, and fell in love with, Vera while studying in college. He did not care for her friends but he didn't let that stop him from seeing her whenever possible. His studies never fell and he graduated with a Bachelors degree in Astrophysics, minoring in Physics.

Home Time Period: 2018

:Addition: The jerk who got me stuck in the Future! XDDDD

You said you had the math down Jerk! you said, Everything's gonna be okay! you said I wouldn't have any problems! Liar!

I'm sorry! I didn't account for possible turbulence, how was I to know there would be turbulence!? It's not like I've ever travelled into the future before!!

You were the one who'd been working on this since before I met you! You said, it's all sound Babydoll, all you have to do is punch it go to the future then immediately zip back to the past! Instead I get stuck in the future, which by the way was a big pile of shitty stinky NOTHING! while your great invention decided to give me a big Fuck you!

(yeah she's gonna cuss him out pretty bad when she gets back to the past)

Name: Alec Cainn

Personality: Observant and quick to adapt, Alec will do whatever it takes to survive. In a dog-eat-dog kind of world there isn't much room for sentimentality, but Alec does have a compassionate side which he often tries to smother because he know it'll get him killed one day. Not much of a talker or people person, he's very distrustful of people and he's always cautious around them.

Appearance:
scarred_by_miles_johnston-d3fvf6n.jpg

History: Born into the post-apocolyptic wasteland to a young woman, Alec never knew his father, neither did his mother for that matter and something told him that she didn't want to remember him anyway. She raised him on her own, although a number of men came and left for various reasons over the years, but one day she suffered an injury, accidentally cutting herself on a rusted piece of metal, and three weeks later she was dead. The cut had become infected and resulted in blood poisoning. Without any medicine, she had become increasingly sick as the infection quickly spread throughout her body and caused many of her organs to fail. Alec was only 14 at the time but he buried her body and continued travelling the wastelands. He met other people along the way but engagements rarely ended well, one situation even resulting in a fight that left Alec with serious facial wounds that lost him the sight in his right eye and left scars down that side of his face. After that incident, Alec chose to stay by himself.

Home Time Period: Early 26th Century (2518, where Babydoll is stuck)

This needs one more person to get the first story arc started!

Every one who still is part of this I'm putting the IC tomorrow

No I haven't put it up yet, I'm extremely sorry I've been rather busy in real life lately and haven't had time to

Okay, I should post Mio once again by tomorrow evening, right now I have a ton of English vocab to do for my AP class.

Name: Mira Chevelle

Personality: Due to having very little contact with any settlements or cities during her childhood, she is a rather reserved person when around others, only speaking when she is spoken to, yet can get rather emotional about certain things at times. She is a warm-hearted person beneath her cold exterior. She also has a tendency to remain in the shadow, not wanting to attract to attention to herself.

Appearance: Mira stands at a height of 6' 0", has grey/silver hair, light blue eyes, and tanned skin.
nrecord_05_28edit.jpg

History: Mira was raised by her Father since birth as her Mother died during childbirth. The two would never remain in one place for very long, only ever staying for a few months at most, due to the fact that many wanted her Father dead for the actions he had done in the past. During their travels, her Father taught her everything he knew, which was how to survive in a multitude of different environments and how to use a sword in addition to other things. When she was nine years old, her Father's past caught up with them and he was killed when trying to protect Mira, who barely managed to escape. Only armed with the skills her Father taught her and his sword, which she had managed to grab before her escape, she spent most of her time in the wilds, away from any form of civilization, fearing that the men who killed her Father would try to kill her as well. The years that followed forced her to mature much at a much faster rate than any other child should have to. At the age of fifteen, a group of raiders had stumbled upon her camping site on night. Using the skills that she had honed over the years, she was able to defend herself from the horrors they would have done to her otherwise. She did not escape without injury, though, and lost her right eye. As she grew older, and her skills improved, she began travel into settlements more often, no longer fearing for her life, and earned a reputation among gangs and raider groups as some form of demon who wanders the wasteland.

Home Time Period: 2518

Looks great, Fate! I can't wait to see how Babydoll and Mira interact

Name: raven night sky

Personality: she very kind she never been rude to any one and she can't talk -tell you why is history

Appearance
images

History; She doesn't have a family and has to pick pockited so she can live. she lost her voice from a man who killed her mother and father. She was 6 when her family was killed and was trying to kill the man who made her lost her voice. she steals from the rich never the poor.

Home Time Period: 2518

sorry if it took so long is it still open????