POLL ANIMALS cats vs. dogs

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

cats or dogs?

• Total voters

nikoru

pink-haired megane
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
are you a cat person or a dog person? this debate is sure to get heated, so let's lay down some ground rules: no scratching and no biting, keep it friendly, folks!

personally, i have to admit i lean towards the feline side. ive got two furry little troublemakers ruling my house with their fuzzy reign of terror. there's just something undeniably charming about a cat's sass, independence, and lowkey shadiness that keeps me coming back for more. but i totally get the appeal of our ever-loyal canine companions too! you cant beat having a best friend who will greet you with boundless energy and enthusiastic slobbery kisses every single day. talk about unconditional love!

so let's hear it: whats your allegiance and why? are you a proud dog parent who lives for those velvety ears and wagging tails? do you wake up every morning just to serve at the paw of your cat overlords like i do? or are you one of the rare few living that pet parent life with cats and dogs?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lyrikai
for iRL: CATS!! :3

for naughty RP: dogs^^

• Love
Reactions: nikoru
I love both to death and I own both dogs and cats, so it's always hard for me to choose.
They both have their perks that make me absolutely love them to death! They both have quirks that make them fun to own and funny to watch! They also both have traits that do sometimes drive me crazy! 😂

If I have to choose a side though, I tend to lean more towards dogs. They're a bit high maintenance than a cat that just sleeps and minds its own business (most of the time), but I get so much more attached to them! I love my dogs to absolute bits!

• Love
Reactions: nikoru
I mean, I like the cuddles of a fluffer!

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Lyrikai and nikoru
I voted cats, but really I love both. I'm just much more used to having cats than dogs, since there was always at least one cat in the house when I was growing up, and it wasn't until I was 18-19 that I convinced my parents to adopt a dog. So cats are much more familiar to me, and I gravitate more towards their calm affection. Being loved by a dog is fantastic, but being owned by a cat is an honor :P

Also I appreciate that a cat won't make me get up at 3am to open the door, only so it can stare at me because 'it cold tho' and procced to pee under the kitchen table.

(but really, please give me any animal to cuddle and love)

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
I'm a dog person, but with my current lifestyle, I'd admit that cats are much easier to care for!
I always have to take my dogs to doggy daycare or board them for trips/vacations.
Cats you can leave for a couple days and they'd be fine!

• Love