Captive

D

destiny_921

Original poster
Everett James Mason could not resist a smirk creeping across his handsome features as he slung the unconscious girl's body over his shoulders. He had knocked her out by injecting a powerful sedative into her body, and it would take her at least a day or two for her to awaken. Which was more than enough time for him to get away with her in tow.

The security of the place had been pathetic, in his opinion. No challenge at all. But then again, the dark crimson-haired male mused to himself as he reached his dubbed checkpoint, he had studied the layout of the place for quite some time, and had even managed to see the blueprints and everything - even almost religiously the history of the place in case he missed anything.

Not surprising, as he had plotted this for years.

Casting a glance at the sleeping heiress, topaz eyes glinted with amusement as the male's smirk widened.

And so the dice was cast.

When Angel woke, it felt like her head was splitting in two. The inside of her mouth tasted horrible. She slowly opened her eyes with a wince. Her head was screaming for a moment, but then it slowly faded to a dull ache. She just looked up at the celling for second, then frowned. This didn't look like her room. She turned her head to study her surroundings. No, this definitely wasn't her room. She tried to get up, but she couldn't move. Her heart started to race. What had happened? She couldn't remember. She tried to fight her bindings, but it was clear that she wasn't going to get out of this one. The slight blond tried to breath slowly. She needed to think. She had to figure out what was going on. Her green eyes were frightened.

Watching her from the one-way mirror, the dark-haired male felt a sense of satisfaction at seeing the heiress being confused and lost. Her green eyes were wide and afraid as she struggled against the bindings that bound her. Unfortunately for her, the materials used to produce the bindings were of the utmost quality in terms or superiority and durability in all aspects. He had made sure of that.

Everett schooled his face into an indifferent mask, and silently walked towards the door. Opening it, he leaned against the doorway coolly, before speaking.

"Well, well, it looks like you are finally awake."

Her eyes flicked to the man standing in the doorway when he spoke. He looked vaguely familiar to her, but she couldn't place him. "Who are you?" She demanded sharply. "Where am I?" She blew her blond hair out of her face. "Let me go at once!" Angel's normally fair skin was even paler. She was clearly frightened, but she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of begging. Of course, her bravado act was ruined by the trembling in her voice.

"My name is not important," Everett responded coolly. "What makes you think I'll answer your questions?"

A lazy smirk crossed his face and he shrugged nonchalantly, "You know," He commented. "You really shouldn't act all that brave. You will never be able to escape. You don't even know where you are - except for me. I, on the other hand, know everything. You won't be getting out of here anytime soon - unless, I choose to release you, girl."

"Or should I say, Angel Denvers?"

Angel clenched her hands as he boasted about how little she knew, and how much he did. She could tell that she wasn't going to get anything out of him. Her heart skipped a beat when he said her name. She shouldn't be surprised; he'd obviously been watching her. He'd managed to get her out of her house after all. She felt tears starting to well up in her green eyes, but she refused to let them fall. She wouldn't give him that satisfaction. She turned her face away from him and looked up at the ceiling. Her father would find her. Of course he would.

A twinge of satisfaction - mixed with slight contempt made itself known as he watched her dejected expression.

'I haven't even begun...' He chuckled darkly to himself inwardly. This would be fun. After so many years of planning, too...

"Enjoy your time here, Princess." Everett said mockingly as he left the heiress in the small room.

Outside the room, he picked up a phone and started dialing while walking away from where the heiress was kept - just so that there were no risks or chances of her listening in onto his conversation.

Soon, a voice picked up, "Hello?"

"It's me." Everett responded curtly. "Send the package."

"Done."

The last Mason heir hung up as soon as it was over, a smirk taking over his face. Why? Well..

In a few days, a package containing only a mere note in a plain, white five-by-five envelope would arrive at Angel Denvers' household - addressed to her father. And it would read:

It's been a long time isn't it?
By the way....
I have your daughter.

When he was gone Angel let the tears fall. The salty tears left wet tracks on her cheeks a the dripped down her fact and onto the pillow below her head. She only let herself cry for a few moments before she forced the tears to stop. She had to be strong now, cowardice wouldn't help her here. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself then tried to look at where her wrists were tied. Perhaps she'd be able to find some small thing, some flaw she could exploit to get out.

Everett glanced at his watch, and nodded with satisfaction.

It was all going on schedule.

Now, however, it was after mid-day and time for his captive to eat. For a brief moment, he pondered the option of letting her starve before dismissing it. It wouldn't do for him and his plans. He needed her to be healthy so that he could proceed. The dark crimson-haired male strode casually towards the kitchen and retrieved a cinnamon bun and carton drink that he'd just bought that morning before she awoke.

Calmly, the male returned to the room she was in - with plain two-toned walls and no furniture unless one counted the chair she was bound to. He closed the door behind him.

"Well, do you wish to eat?" He asked mockingly, with a quirk of his brow.

Angel glanced up at him when he entered the room, and her eyes went to the food and drink in his hands. "Do you wish to eat?" he asked. She was silent for a minute, then turned her face away from him without speaking. She wouldn't take anything from him. Her hands clenched into fists as she stared deliberately away from him. She wished she could wipe the tear tracks off of her face. She didn't want to show this man any weakness.