5. Adept
  6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
Hey, sorry if this isn't where this goes but I didn't see anywhere else where I shold put it, but whenever I try to edit the head post of my Character Index CS page for one of my RPs to fix some coding errors that popped up last time I edited it to add a newly approved character the website keeps me this error whether I try it on my PC or my phone and I don't know why:Iwaku Error.PNG

It's weird because I can still make posts like normal and everything. Is there some unheard-of character limit on posts that prevents us from posting large amounts of content without totally breaking the content in question? If not does anyone know what's wrong and/or how to fix this?

Reactions: Captain Asshat
@Bass Magus, as the error message states it is only a temporary thing. I think it is one of these bugs that reared its head after @jared555 moved us to a new server. Tagging him so that he will now about this, or to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the Help Desk is the forum you go to for questions about the site, or bugs. Moved it for you, but if you have any questions about where to go to within the forums feel free to ask!

Ah, okay; thank you very much. I must have scrolled passed it when looking through the main forum. At first I thought the issue was because I was also updating a game client at the same time as I was trying to make the edits, but since it was still occurring 24 hours later I got worried

Hmm I think the only time I've seen this is if there was somewhat a reached character limit o__o but that was in PM. I'll wait and see if Jared comes up with a magical solution

Hey, sorry if this isn't where this goes but I didn't see anywhere else where I shold put it, but whenever I try to edit the head post of my Character Index CS page for one of my RPs to fix some coding errors that popped up last time I edited it to add a newly approved character the website keeps me this error whether I try it on my PC or my phone and I don't know why:View attachment 134797

It's weird because I can still make posts like normal and everything. Is there some unheard-of character limit on posts that prevents us from posting large amounts of content without totally breaking the content in question? If not does anyone know what's wrong and/or how to fix this?
Can you give me an approximate time you received one of those errors?

around 9AM PST today

We just updated the site to a new version of PHP. Try now and see if you still get the error.

so I just now tried again and while it did not give me the error code this time and it did fix the initial coding bug, another separate chain of coding in the same post bugged out and when I tried to edit again to fix that my browser would stop responding. If it helps at all while I was making the first edit that succeeded I was frequently getting a message from my browser (WaterFox) saying that a script was having issues, but I guess my computer didn't save the text when I tried to copy it from the message, but either way this occurred only 7-8 minutes ago from when I am posting this now

so I just now tried again and while it did not give me the error code this time and it did fix the initial coding bug, another separate chain of coding in the same post bugged out and when I tried to edit again to fix that my browser would stop responding. If it helps at all while I was making the first edit that succeeded I was frequently getting a message from my browser (WaterFox) saying that a script was having issues, but I guess my computer didn't save the text when I tried to copy it from the message, but either way this occurred only 7-8 minutes ago from when I am posting this now

That sounds like a different issue. Not sure if it is a browser issue or something @Diana or one of the admins could fix

So now whenever I try to reply with a quote in my OOC it goes into an infinite loading loop and never loads the reply (regardless of which browser I'm using), and when I tried to edit the post we talked about earlier this time it went ahead and broke the whole thing down into broken HTML5 code and now when I try to edit it again the editor that loads is the stupid mobile version =_= somebody please help

Yes, we're having issues at the moment with quoting function. Jared our server tech is working on it!

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
Is this happening on the forums or in the Clans? o__o

Is this happening on the forums or in the Clans? o__o
Its been happening for me in PMs for almost all the issues discussed here.

Error 503 for big posts, check.
Infinite reply button, check (except on mobile)
Posts being bugged out and totally broken into HTML, check.
Inability to edit posts, check.

Let's see if tonight's update fixed it! 8D

@Diana seems it didn't v_v I'm still getting the same bugs even after refreshing the page

Also, something else that I just now noticed is that alternate fonts in posts that didn't get their code broken aren't showing either. The majority of the CSs in the Character Index for my RP are headed in segoe script by code, but the text just displays in the default font. And it's not just that font, but all the alternate fonts used by us aren't displaying ._.

IWAKU CLEARLY SUCKS AND NEEDS TO BE THROWN DOWN A WELL.

-back to the drawing board- T____T

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Navuso
@Pahndora's Box well these bugs are still around... any idea on a possible ETA of a fix?

@Bass Magus yeah sorry about that :(

Keep the Bugs report thread on Watch (the pinned one in the Help Desk section) so you'll be aware when @Diana gets around to fixing those leaky holes in the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.