Can You Hear Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How interesting, Zhi Xiang thought. He gazed through the eyes, seeing the tall building he was sure that everyone else saw. However...how curious of the Omnipotent to use a restricted method to contact them. Was it truly Him who set out this puzzle for the competitors? Zhi Xiang looked at the other players of this game, and shook his head. While they were off forming alliances and getting all friendly, he would be the one to solve this puzzle. Was it really the Omnipotent contacting them? It was obvious that there were others who would want to distract the players from their goal.

I'll play your game for now, he thought, "game masters."

Fang then caught an interesting bit of information from the others.

"Why rely on cognitive biases and cached thoughts when you can test my claim with a simple Grid query? 'Professor Briar Rose' brings up my Faculty page within the first eyeful of results."

Any chance to find out about his rivals was one he had to take. He quickly searched up the term, and, like she said, found her within the first results.

Interesting. A genius child. Seems like my competitors aren't as inferior to me as I thought. Zhi Xiang had no intentions of socializing or forming bonds during this race to the Omnipotent. However, if he was to temporarily form an alliance with one of them, it would have to be someone intelligent like her. For the time being, though...Zhi Xiang remained in the elevator, waiting for it to return to the bottom of the Arch.

The sudden appearance of the little sprite startled Cerys once more, causing her to stagger back into another group of tourists in alarm. The little fairy looked like nothing she had ever seen before, both being a rather pretty construct, but also a cleverly constructed one. She had the insane urge to poke the construct, although it wasn't exactly possible- her interest and curiosity would have to be saved for a later point in time.

It came with an interesting offer, but one that made Cerys' head swim. Team up? She wasn't so sure she wanted to do that. Somebody who was declared to be so smart and intelligent was both a valuable companion and a potential enemy. Whomever this person is, they could betray her in any manner of ways once they began to work together; although the little sprite mentioned that this person had friends, other allies, and perhaps there would be safety in numbers.

"Well then, would you tell your, er, mistress-" it was a rather weird name of choice for the creator to choose, one Cerys would note carefully, "-that if she wants my cooperation, she will meet with me personally? Not that I find you displeasing, but I prefer to speak to possible allegiances face to face. However I won't be staying in the Arch- I fancy I'll find myself heading directly to the building, whether I lack information on the company or not. I hear there is a rather nice coffee stop nearby the Nanotech building that your creator can find me at if she so pleases."

She casually dismissed the fairy, stepping into the elevator as it arrived and opened, allowing tourists to pour out into the already crowded area. She squeezed a place inside and settled into her interface, searching up for further information on the building. Perhaps she would be lucky, and would be able to locate building blueprints somewhere, although she doubted she could be that lucky. The work distracted her from the chills racing up and down her spine, telling her that she had certainly made the wrong decision, and would regret it.

Would she?

Status
Not open for further replies.