Can we just take a minute and appreciate this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.

Significant others, siblings, friends, parents, anyone who is looked up to or adored to any degree by anyone else, the things you say about another person has WAY more impact than you realize.

I won't waste your time with personal experience, but seriously, let's take a moment, listen to TLC, and realize that our words have power. Use them carefully okay?

Years later I still get grumpy about the girl that said I had sausage fingers when I shared a piccie of a prezzie I got. >:[

I couldn't agree more, that whole sticks and stones line is BS. Words hurt a lot more than people realize, we should just all learn to respect and love each other.

THIS TOPIC IS NOW ABOUT SONGS WITH A POWERFUL MESSAGE?

Reactions: Minibit
GUESS WHAT, CHUCKLEFUCKS. TODAY IS THE DAY THAT YOU LEARN THAT I'M ACTUALLY A HUGE SOFTIE UNDERNEATH MY ASSHOLE SHELL.

Because I actually have a playlist called "I hope my daughter listens to this". >:[ Which includes shit like this:

And yeah, I expressly made it thinking about my hypothetical kid and what kind of positive messages I'd want them to hear.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
SO... I'M READING THAT AS: BEYONCÉ FREE-FOR-ALL:

Nu, bad Koori! *swats with newspaper*
The rest of Queen Bey's music is tangential and gets its own thread!

This song has always been encouraging to me

And when I'm sad I like to remember that she wrote this one under actual pressure to write a love song

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.