Can someone help remove a tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Illin

Original poster
So this OPEN SIGNUPS - CLOSED SIGNUPS - Fate/Ichorum || フェイト / イコラム - OOC

has both the open and closed signup tags on it. Which doesn't make sense. Or it does and I'm just not seeing it. Requested the GM to remove it, but like most of my posts in there I got ignored. Or he/she blocked me, whatever. Anyways it's been bugging the hell out of me so I'd like to request an admin remove the "open signups" tag since it's closed from what the IC is tagged; might as well be consistent.

Thanks in advance.

While using both the 'Open' and 'Closed' prefix on a thread is definitely confusing it is to the GM's own discretion what prefixes they use. You may disagree with how they make use of it, and may approach them about it politely. However, if they don't find themselves in your points they may also ignore you.

In any case, I'm guessing that this is a case of confusion, because multiple prefixes hasn't been a thing for long. The GM may simply have forgotten to do away with the old prefix, thinking that the newer one may replace it. Which was the case before the updates. Now you will have to click the prefix again in order to remove it. I changed it, but if the GM feels themselves disagreeing with this change they are allowed to reapply the prefix again. After all, it is their role play.

• Thank You
Reactions: Illin
While using both the 'Open' and 'Closed' prefix on a thread is definitely confusing it is to the GM's own discretion what prefixes they use. You may disagree with how they make use of it, and may approach them about it politely. However, if they don't find themselves in your points they may also ignore you.

In any case, I'm guessing that this is a case of confusion, because multiple prefixes hasn't been a thing for long. The GM may simply have forgotten to do away with the old prefix, thinking that the newer one may replace it. Which was the case before the updates. Now you will have to click the prefix again in order to remove it. I changed it, but if the GM feels themselves disagreeing with this change they are allowed to reapply the prefix again. After all, it is their role play.

Is that right? Just feels like it's not doing anyone favors though; it should be one or the other, since it doesn't make much sense for it to be both. For example. if the IC of an RP has the "futuristic" tag and the OOC has the "historical" tag, and the RP makes it clear that it takes place in the future, the OOC's historical tag should be removed. Same thing applies here. Brief skim of the IC and OOC makes it clear that it's for 6 people, GM excluded, and that it's not open.

At the very least, the IC and OOC of the same RP should have the same tags.

Just spitballing here though. Thanks for doing it.

What Nemo is saying is that tags (not prefixes) are generally left up to the discretion of a gm. If they put futuristic in the ic and historic in the ooc... What's to say that it isn't an rp that takes place in the future... But with a historical twist (an alternative universe... A play on Abraham Lincoln's life... Whatever). Or that the ooc is so labled because it will serve as a record of the ic. At the end of the day staff act as moderators.. Not dictators :) it's not in our job description to tell people what their rp is about or how it's promoted OOCly.

Prefixes... Which is where the open/closed issue comes in, are watched a little more carefully... But it's still a discretionary thing unless it was done in error :) It might twinge a pet peeve here or there... But it's basically purple pants with a red shirt... Can't do much but look away or politely suggest a change that will probably be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.