Bring Me to Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis scratched his chin and eventually nodded. "Yeah. You're female." I need to work a bit more on the free will allowance. To the point to where she'll still obey me, but be willing to do more....at least until I can get her to look completely human....

Cass nodded slowly and spoke again. "What are my duties for today?" Cass said as she unplugged herself and stood in a ready position. Her mind was being to buzz with questions. she didn't know why, it wasn't normal for androids to be curious. Maybe it was a flaw in her programing. "Travis, I think there may be a problem with my programming."

"I don't have anything for you to do today, unless you would like to help me come up with ideas." Travis chewed on the end of a pen and stared distanty until Cass spoke up again. "A problem. What kind of problem? Is everything alright?" Travis approached Cass, very curious as to what the problem could be.

Cass looked into the distance and then back at Travis. "I seem to be experiencing what you humans refer to as...curiosity. Which is unusual for androids of my making. Even the most odd of personalities does not have this code in their system. Am I flawed, or have you programmed me this way?" Cass tilted her head at Travis.

"I'm programming to you to be more human. Curiosity is a common feeling for humans. It's a feeling that I deal with right now. It's a driving force for my work ethic. It's what keeps me up for days on end, seeing what I can do." Travis explained, giving Cass a half smile. "If you're curious, ask questions. Otherwise you'll suffer with your curiosity." He explained, going back to chewing on his pen.

Cass looked at Travis. "What is my purpose? Why did you make me? Do you want me to be human?" Questions started to pour out of Cass's mouth. Her processors going a thousand miles per hour. She was trying to filter through all of her questions at once and filtering through the pointless ones and the ones that had some meaning to them.

"Your purpose is undecided at the moment. I made you to become the first synthetic human, just to see if I could. So yes, I want you to be human. From there, you'll be able to decide what you want to do. Whether that's sticking with me or going off to be on your own. Travis' eyes were starting to grow darker underneath, heightening the physical evidence of his sleep deprivation. "Anymore questions, Cass?"

Cass looked Travis over. "Do you wish to sleep?" Cass took a step toward Travis. "You body shows signs of sleep deprivation and stress. I would suggest sleep and/or rest."

"No....now that you're in activated....there's entirely too much work to be done. I can't simply sleep now..." Travis said with a shake of his head. Should I sleep? He asked himself, but quickly gave a shake of his head to reassure himself. He had too many problems to solve. One of them being how he was going to get her to look human.

Cass looked at him. "If you wish to solve problems, rest will make you more open for ideas and ready to go. I will be here when you awaken." Cass stepped back and looked at Travis. "Plus if you would like I could search through data bases and see if there has been any past attempts to create a human from an existing android. This could save you time and help you move forward in your research,"

"Yeah....I suppose that'll work." Travis rubbed his chin and let out a small sigh. He needed to take care of his own human requirements before attempting to create another human. "I'm thinking that you should brainstorm ideas on how you could become more human, and do search archives and databases. Because, as far as I know, this was the first attempt. Regardless, I'm heading up to my room. If something incredible happens, or if you need me, you better not hesitate to wake me up. Travis left his workshop and took off his tie and shirt as he walked up the spiraled staircase to his room at the top. He went to his bathroom and went into the walk-in shower, setting up his shower for optimal comfort. His muscles were very tense, especially the ones in his back, from having been leaning over constantly. The shower not only washed him, but rinsed him off. In the soaps were special muscle relaxing chemicals. "Ahhh...." He moaned with pleasure as he left the shower and went to his bed, plopping down onto it and falling asleep mere minutes afterwards.

Cass nodded. "Yes Travis." Cass stepped back and started to search the web, looking through data bases upon data bases for old research of people who had tried this before. She found a few, but they ended in a scientists death, most of them did anyway. There was one story of a scientist who had committed suicide because he got too involved with the android. Cass finished her research and started to organize it into relevance. most of the projects had failed anyway and their data was lost. There was some that showed how to start the creation of an artificial brain, that Casss thought might be useful though.

Travis slept for an insanely long amount of time. Whereas most humans get a regular 8-10 hours of sleep when they're uninterrupted, Travis slept for an entire 24-hour period. At the end of it all, he'd felt rested and relaxed, ready to get back to work. But most of all, he was hungry. He stood up from his bed, having gone to sleep naked, and clothed himself in a t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and black and white sneakers. After getting dressed, he headed downstairs, feeling slightly distorted. He began to lazily prepare food for himself, making a small lunch that was rather simply a sandwich and a can of soda. After finishing eating, he retreated downstairs to his workshop, ready to continue his work.

Cass had finished with everything around 5 at night. She didn't know what to do with herself so she cleaned up a little and started a load of laundry. When Travis returned Cass stood by his desk with her hands behind her back, at attention. "I have finished what you asked, I also cleaned up a little and did a load of laundry. You slept for 24 hours. I assume you feel refreshed?" Cass noticed that he had just eaten as well. "I would have made you food if you asked. I wasn't sure when you would be awake so I didn't cook anything in advance. I apologize." Cass, turned and grabbed a stack of papers. "Here is the research I found that would useful for you." The stack was not very large at all. "Though this has been attempted numerous times, none have been a success and most scientists and technician's that attempted this failed, or died. I should warn you that many went insane or became to involved and killed themselves. I would recommend we take the proper precautions to ensure that you survive through this."

Travis nodded along with the words that Cass was saying. After being handed the small stack of papers, he quickly read through the information before himself. It wasn't much, but the sudden thought of most going insane or dying seemed very possible for Travis as well. Staying up for hours on end, neglecting nourishment and hygeine, and never leaving the house were all signs that insanity was nearby. He was obssessed with the project already, so perhaps taking it a bit slower now that she was activated would be in his best interest. "Science is more important than my life. If I can turn you into a fully functioning and self-relient human, but die in the process....it'll be worth it to me." Travis said in an emotionless tone, walking over to his laptop and skimming through his browser history to read about the articles of suicide and men being killed by their creations. Travis was far more intelligent than these men. The majority of them he'd either attended school with or had heard of. He had little worries as to causing his own death. "Next order of business for you will be to implement a sense of smell, and a more human sense of touch and pain. Plug yourself in, I've already figured out an algorithm while I was eating lunch." The synthetic brain appealed to him, but he had a feeling that the hard drive that was within Cass' head would be mroe than enough for the time being.

Cass nodded and did as she was instructed. She plugged herself in and then paused for a moment. "I do not have the proper makeup to register smells Travis. Nor to breathe at all." Cass was not aware if Travis had taken that into consideration yet or not.

"Yes. I'm aware. I'm giving you scent sensors. I won't have to edit anything physically. It'll only alter your auditory sensors slightly to give you the smell sense." Travis said as he typed furiously into the computer the complex algorithm that he'd taken a mere thirty minutes to create while eating. Finally after a few moments, she would be able to smell things like a normal human would. Not through inhalation, but simply sensing it.

Cass nodded and powered into the computer and let Travis do his work. When he was finished she updated and then booted back online. The smells of the lab began flood her new sensor. "The smell in here is repulsive. If I had a barf reflex I would use it right now." Cass covered her nose, though she did not breathe the new sensor was part of her robotic nose so that it seemed more human like.

"Yeah. You'll get used to it. It's a recurring mold problem I can't get rid of. So be my guest if you think you can get rid of it." Travis shrugged. "But not now. Now we're going to make you touch sensitive. Your hands will be able to feel things, other than just temprature. He edited a few of the basic temprature sensors and made the touching sensors be focused onto the hands more, making her more human-like. "See if you can detect textures now."

Status
Not open for further replies.