3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
Good day/afternoon/evening and welcome to my partner search. Please take a seat or stand, whatever your preference is. I am once again on the search for a partner because there's some new plots bouncing around in my brain. Unfortunately, only one of them is really ready to see the light of day, so that's all that's going up here today. Now we must take care of business before I get to the juicy details, so here's what I'm looking for in a partner.

Partner Traits:
  • Length - As a rule, I prefer content be placed in order of importance over length, but I have also found that short posts kill my interest in a roleplay. Because of this, I'd like to ask that my partner be able to post at least two decent paragraphs (3-5 sentences) per post. If anything I would prefer that you could post more than that rather than less. I can post anywhere from two paragraphs to a small book depending on the point in the roleplay, and I find it is more enjoyable when my partner can do the same. I can deal with less if the plot is at a slow point, but under no circumstance will I accept one-liners.
  • Grammar - I would like you to have a good understanding of grammar. The occasional spelling error or grammatical error is fine (I mean reading this you could probably find a more than a few), but I would like them to be only occasional. Please be able to write in third person as well and stay in the correct tense. Again, the occasional mistake is understandable, but the English major in me can't take repeated errors.
  • Activity – This one is fairly open right now. I'm am currently tackling a fairly full semester and I have a few roleplays already going, so my time is a little hard to come by. I am off this coming week, however, so it would be an ideal time to get the party started. After that replying once a week or so would be fine with me. Also please tell me if you're going to be gone for an extended amount of time or if you've lost interest in the roleplay. I have been left in the cold by partners before and I really don't like when it happens. I put a lot of thought into my roleplays and it's always sad to see one die before it even starts because my partner disappears. I understand that life happens, but I just ask you to be upfront with me when it does. I will do the same for you.
  • Writing Style - By this I mean how you usually roleplay. I'm looking for someone who will take an active role in creating the plot for the story with me. This idea may seem fleshed out but a lot of it could change and I hope it will change. I want this story to be as much yours as it is mine. Please be able to handle side characters as well, and a well-developed main character who will add to the plot. No passive characters who just stand around doing nothing.
That's the basics of what I'm looking for in a partner, thank you for reading through it. I would like you to send a writing sample if possible so I can see if our styles will mix well. I can send you one as well if you'd like or direct you to one of my running roleplays. Now for something completely different (get that reference and you're my friend for life).

Comments on Myself:
  • Romance - I only do MxF relationships and I prefer not to have sexual content in my roleplays. I like to keep the romance elements at a PG-13 level, meaning we stop at kissing.
  • Violence - I'm not really bothered by anything to do with violence or gore, so just follow the site's rules and we'll be fine. If you've got any issues with it, please let me know.
  • Language - I can handle language, but I do ask that you keep it to a minimum. If the situation calls for a curse, then I don't mind, but just don't have your character cursing every other word.
Okay, that's all the stalling I'll do. If you have any questions or things you'd like me to be aware of, just let me know. Now to explain this plot.

Bound

Setting: Modern Times/Fantasy Realm (Note: I would like most of the plot to take place in the fantasy realm.) Low-Highish Fantasy?

Plot: There is a veil that exists between the human world and realm of the fae. What is a fae? Not your traditional pixie but a humanoid creature more along the lines of Ariel from The Tempest. Think less Tinkerbell and more nymph, though this is not set in stone. We can discuss exactly what we want these guys to look like. The Veil was made for the benefit of both races. You see, magic is poisonous to humans. As in all magic: deadly, benign or helpful. This created a great deal of tension between the races and so they agreed that they were safer living in separate realities. The wall was made and since then humanity has mostly forgotten about them.

Since the Veil creation, there have been guardians set there to watch it, a human and a fae who are bound. What does it mean to be bound? Basically there is a ceremony where a human and fae are joined magically. The benefits for the fae are having access to the human's energy which allows them to use more powerful magic as well as having the same human as a bodyguard of sorts. The human gains a tolerance for magic and supernatural strength. Both become connected on many levels to the other. There is a lot more to this, but I'll explain more in depth later if you're interested in this. What is most important to understand is that these individuals become far more powerful than they could ever be alone. There are two families who have been dedicated to maintaining the Veil throughout the ages, a task which has been handed down from generation to generation.

The issue currently? The Veil is weakening. No one knows how or why it is happening, only that the cause is not natural. If things continue on as they are, the Veil will collapse and bring the two realms back together in a more than likely bloody conflict. Thus it is up to the newest guardians to take up the case and investigate while their older counterparts keep the Veil in place. This is where our characters will come in. The bulk of the plot will revolve around these new guardians looking for what is weakening the veil and then dealing with that. I/, thinking of starting with our characters being bound together and accepted as new guardians, then setting out into the fae world to investigate. What happens after that is still very much up in the air.

I have a human female prepared that I would like to play as, so I'm looking for you to play a male fae from the family on the other side of the Veil. I have no idea what their world is like or even what a fae is exactly, so you have a lot of creative license with this. I would like to avoid the pixie stereotype though and keep them closer to being nymph-like creatures. And when it comes to ages in this, these guys will probably be on the younger side, but both should be past high school age so think early college or whatever the fae equivalent ends up becoming. So you're aware, I'm am looking for there to be romance in this plot. Potentially I was thinking it could be the start of a relationship that has been a long time incoming. These two will likely have some history as they have both been training with the current guardians for years to get ready to take on their positions. If possible I would like to see it start fairly early on, but we can discuss all of this. The romance will not be the main focus, but I would like it to play a part in roleplay.

That's basically it. There's a lot that can be worked out and I'm always willing to hear different ideas. Some of the best roleplays I've been involved in were greatly changed from what I proposed. Also if you're loving more of this plot but have one part of it that just irks you, send me a PM and we can talk about it. I really am pretty flexible when it comes to plotting and I'll do my best to see that your ideas find a place in the roleplay.

So send me PM if you're interested in this, I would love to see this idea get off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.