Born of History and Science

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles slapped Leo on the backside of his head in reflex reaction. It was a conditioning that he had become accustomed to whenever Leo said something stupid or inane. "Idiot." he muttered and turned back to Tesla. "That seems like a truly interesting, Tesla." he complimented. "This is much more interesting than whatever this brainless nitwit made" he told the brunette with a smirk.

He turned back to writer behind them and scowled. "Still can't see why..." he paused, it really wasn't his business why they were friends, or how they worked. "That was brilliant, Tesla" he repeated. "Truly cool." He raised his fist for a fist bump.

He turned back to his table and rolled his eyes at Leo. "Now...to make sense of his wretched sketch of killing Alice" He muttered. "...physics..." He groaned.

Emily was about to return to her sketch, but surprisingly. after a few indecisive looks, Motoaka pulled up a chair and sat before her. Emily widened her eyes and stared at her. Westley did the same on her shoulders. She had a pretty smile. Maybe she'd add another drawing of her smiling. Then the caramel colored indian clone complimented her drawing and she couldn't be more delightfully surprised at this turn of events. Most don't stick around her too much and now Pocahontas is talking to her like she's just another friend of hers?
"T-thanks.." she mumbled quietly, unused to real conversation with people.
Like Edgar? She wasn't sure. Pocahontas plowed on, offering to introduce them. Emily tensed. No she couldn't just walk up to him! Especially after being so creepy by drawing him!
Pocahontas stuck out her hand and introduced herself and Emily stared, hesitating for a moment before putting her hand in the other clone's. "I'm Emily. I know who you are." She said, keeping her voice down. She flipped back through her sketchbook so Motoaka couldn't see and stopped on a drawing of her profile. She looked serious and beautiful staring off into the distance. Emily got every detail perfect, just without color.
"Thank you for offering but I'm probably better here with Westley. I don't want to bother him."

Matoaka got from her chair to looked down the row of shelves making sure Edgar was still there, she still needed to apologize to him. Satisfied that he was still there, with what seemed to be an extra body, she went back, pushed the chair back under the table, and looked back to Emily. "It's weird, it seems like everybody knows me, especially by name." She chuckled to herself, "I know I've seen you around, but never new your name."

She looked through her bag and took out a piece of gum, and then gestured for emily to take some if she wanted. "I don't think he would take you as bothering him, you to seem pretty chill." Her brow scrunched in thought, "Though I don't think he's going to be very happy to see me, he seemed pretty miffed."

She then walked back to the aisle, turned and looked down at Emily, "but you don't have to come if you don't want to, I'm not going to make you, just if you want to."

She waved at Emily as she walked over towards Edgar. When she got to the table she over heard the other boys talking about killing a girl named Alice, and became immediately confused. She looked down at Edgar, and he just seemed to be ignoring them. She sat at the table as well, and decided to ignore them, too. She looked at Edgar, trying to decide what to say, while shifting in her seat. She wasn't great at apologies, but new it was something she should do.

"Edgar," She looked to her lap. "I'm sorry I brought up our cloned persons, I didn't know it was a touchy subject, and you would get upset." She looked up to him waiting for a reply.

She then looked over the group and noticed who the new person was.

"Hey, Tesla, what's that!?" She said pointing to the metal device in his hands. She had this way of becoming easily distracted by things she'd never seen before.

As Charles held out his hand for a fist bump, Nicky looked at it for a second before hitting it with his palm, an odd grin on his face. Nicky never was one for things like that, and could always turn it into something awkward. Still, at least he tried. Grinning, he bounced back to Edgar, watching as Pocahontas approached.

As she spoke to Edgar, the male bowed his head in acknowledgement, but he didn't say anything back, which usually meant that he was busy with his notes. Being who he was, Edgar constantly seemed busy with something, and had little time for people.

When Pocahontas's attention turned to Nicky's device, he promptly said, "I go by Nicky," before holding out his device. "But this device makes free energy by rotating the spheres at impossibly high speeds and then projecting the energy as a field around it, big enough to power a computer or a phone." He beamed, and as he set the device down, the sleeves of his uniform rode up a, showing what appeared to be scars and burns. Some were fresh, probably from not being careful enough with wires or electrical outlets, but others looked older. In addition to the electrical burns and scars, were horizontal ones that lay across his wrist, but Nicky quickly tugged his sleeves back down, hoping no one saw those.

"If I get enough materials, I can power the entire school, a city, a country...even the world, if I could get my hands on all the parts. My original nor Edison could ever do that!" He smiled, already imagining making a big enough device to power the school before the school's expo, which came in a few months. Surely that would impress some people!

Edgar glanced over at Nicky, quite unused to this sudden show of pride from his friend, who usually seemed quite down most of the time. Maybe having his invention work brought up his mood. Still, he couldn't help but frown a bit, trying to figure out what breach of their agreement was being made.

Emily gestured to Matoaka that she declined the gum. She might break the no pet rule in the library, but she wouldn't break any others. It seemed like everyone's 'seen her around' at some point. They just never really talk to her. Those who actually read up on the originals might be familiar with the fact that the first Emily Dickinson lived in solitude. And if she did, than her clone might like to be alone as well. She isn't sure if she prefers being alone or not because she hasn't had any great experiences being social, but she also wasn't sure if she always enjoyed when it was just her and Westley.

She appreciated the fact that Pocahontas wouldn't make her go talk to Edgar and gave her a small smile as she walked away back to her subject. When she turned back to her sketchbook, she flipped to the drawing of Edgar she'd been working on and fixed up the final details. It didn't come out very bad at all. Just like always, there seemed to be something she couldn't capture in the eyes. It was always the eyes no matter who she was drawing, that she could never get quite right. Her pencil simply was not able to portray the brilliance of life and knowledge and beauty in the eyes of a human being. She didn't want to erase her mistakes either because that would make the portrait too smudgy. She sighed, disappointed at another failure as she let her pencil roll out of her palm and onto the carpet. It was only then that she noticed Westley's disappearance. Immediately she looked around with her wide, alarmed chocolate eyes and spotted the little ferret leaving the aisle in the direction Matoaka had taken. Emily stood, leaving only a black pencil behind her as she chased her pet to Edgar's table.

Emily hesitated in approaching the group of three, because she really didn't want to be a bother, but Westley was her responsibility and she really didn't want the librarian to see him. By the time she got there, nervous and fidgety, Westley was sniffing at Tesla's device and making curious squeaking noises. She bit her lip at the edge of the table and immediately set down her sketchbook with Edgar's face on it to pick up her only companion and gently put him back in her black bag. "Westley!" She whisper-yelled. "Don't do that again!" Then she turned back to the table who had obviously seen her drawing and played with her talented fingers anxiously. "I'm really really sorry. He usually doesn't scamper off like that. I- I won't bother you anymore. Sorry." She rambled, nearly forgetting about her sketchbook until one of them brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.