Blood on the Dance Floor [p w/ Riise]

K

Kozuru

Original poster
For centuries humanity had feared the unknown and persecuted those who believed in it or sought it out. It was around the 1400s that humans began to see clearly what hidden evils lurked in the shadows. Romania was where these creatures were first spotted during the time of Vlad the Impaler who's death brought the insight into these monsters. Vampires. Immortal beasts that lived off the blood of humans, later to be discovered animals, and would hunt and kill their victims for a quick meal. Yet over the years, as the knowledge of vampires spread, they became more a myth. Vampires? No they're just mythical creatures in stories like werewolves and demons. Unfortunately for the humans the truth was in the pudding, vampires were real.

They were different from how the stories described them and by the 1800's they held high places of power, government positions or military generals. They were smart and knew that unless they vanished and/or blended into human society. It was an easy way of getting meals without causing too much of a fuss. But some were discovered and killed by others because...only a vampire knew how to kill another vampire. An iron or wooden stake to the heart or decapitation of one's head.

Sunshine did not effect them, neither did crosses, holy water, or garlic. Dhampirs were born from the union of humans and vampires but they had less of a need to consume blood and lived as more average humans.

A loud crash was heard at the large castle belonging to the Voca-vamps in a small district in Romania. A tall male had thrown an ancient vase against a wall at the maid that entered. His bright blue eyes contrasted those of the legends of vampires, as they only got red eyes once they bonded. His dark hair covered most of his forehead as he panted in anger. A small voice nearby spoke out. "Kaito, calm down. You're frightening the food." It was more sarcastic than anything and the angry vampire turned to the source of the voice.

"Gakupo shut the hell up! Who cares about food or not, I'm actually going to have to live among those cockroaches until I 'graduate,' whatever the hell that means. That's 2 whole years!" The darker haired male said to his friend and fellow vampire. Kaito was his name and him, along with a girl named Meiko had been the first vampires in the Voca castle.

To him, humans were cockroaches but many centuries ago he had a human lover who was brutally murdered because of him. He still could not forgive himself and he knew the other vampire who would be joining him on his trip to Japan felt the same. "Yohio!" he turned to the other male vampire in the room who was brushing his hair with his fingers. "You feel the same don't you? After what happened in England we shouldn't need to find our feeding partners. Right?"

"I admit, feeding off blood bags isn't nearly as good as the real thing." another male spoke, his voice deep, though it was easily known that he was quite a few years, or centuries younger than the one who had spoke, a sigh leaving him as his longer nails made way through his strands of platinum blonde hair, partially held back with a hair tie. gosh it was getting hotter in the castle, and honestly it was stuffy, a change of scenery was exciting to him, unlike kaito. that drag.

"i do agree, i can never forgive myself for what i've done all those years ago. but the past is in the past, and i'm hungry" he countered. he knew he would get yelled at for giving his own reply rather than straight up agreeing to the other, but he would have to get used to that. when the two of them did move to japan, it wasn't his house anymore, he didn't hold the same kind of power he did here.

it was mutually agreed with the rest of those in the house. miku, rin, len, gumi, and especially his own little brother, oliver. kaito was too strung up about everything. this had to be done, that had to be done, all perfect to him. everyone saw it as a drag, besides meiko, who was so lovestruck with him that it was almost pathetic. everyone agreed they would make a good couple, only if the blue haired man loosened up for once in his long, long life. though everyone agreed that hell would freeze over before anything such as that would happen.

"speaking of, when exactly are we leaving? it's been days since you first announced it." he pointed out. now, yohio was a tad special, he already had those red eyes, which was a bit of an issue. red eyes were certainly not normal to the place they were going to be living in. would the excuse of contacts really work? they would have to wait and see. they didn't pack many things, perhaps a few clothes and the crappy blood they lived off of. another issue would be getting used to human food. it's not like they couldn't eat it, but it would take awhile to get used to the change of diets. whatever, they would have to live with it.

Kaito grumbled something under his breath before shooting daggers towards the other males in the room. They seriously must have been idiots if they didn't understand that being around humans more would increase the chances of them being discovered and killed like the incident a few hundred years ago. The dark haired male crossed his arms and went to exit the room. It had been so long since he had left the castle and so he didn't really know how much society had changed in the past hundreds of years.

Without so much of a farewell to his friend, and Yohio, Kaito returned to his room that was on the floor above them. He walked through the hallways with a scowl that was seemingly plastered in his face. A few maids passes, cowering away when he continued on.

As they ere a castle full of vampires many of the maids and butlers were only half-breeds that gave their blood to serve their sires. Yet they were always afraid of Kaito, which made sense. It had been so long since he last smiled. It was when she died that he became cruel and heartless instead of his cheery optimistic self.

Finally arriving at his room, the vampire looked around. It was the last time he would be able to see this view for a long time. "I wonder how long I will need to stay there until I'm allowed to go home." He asked himself as he pulled out the few suitcases he had to pack the rest of his clothes and some books.

watching him storm away, the platinum blonde sighed and shook his head. "i know what happened to him, but he needs to know how to loosen up even if just a little bit." he murmured, kicking his feet off the corner of the chair he was sitting on, running his fingers through his longer pieces of hair, sighing to himself before pushing himself to his feet, reaching into his pocket and pulling out some sort of flavour of lollipop from his pocket. he had honestly been consuming too many of them, they all tasted the same by now.

rolling the candy along his tongue, the vampire strolled through the hallways that Kaito was in only a few moments prior, although he brought the normal atmosphere back, flashing grins here and there to all that were working. of course, that grin wasn't fully warm and polite. inside he was grinning to himself that he was above them, to be put simply. that he was lucky to have been born a full blood, not some half bred like they were.

arriving at the others doorframe, he sighed and leaned against it, the stick from his candy hanging from his lips. "are you going to be able to control yourself?" he asked, his tone more serious than how he usually spoke. he knew what he was going through, after all, he had done the same, but they had to live on. the past was in the past, even if a full recovery wouldn't be earned, at least there had to be something. not in his case.

meanwhile back in japan, two friends were spending their time together, the smaller of the two sprawled out on the floor, sighing heavily. they themselves had only just finished a day at school, and were quite tired. at least she was anyways, her hair falling in her face as she rolled onto her back. "it's getting warmer outside." she announced, keeping her eyes closed and arms outstretched.

pouting lightly, the girl known as Kayla whined when her pet cat stepped on her gut, making her eyes open once more. a bit of an odd name to be living in japan, that was for sure. mainly because she had made the decision to move away from her home country of Canada, with her friend, Brooke to come live in japan for something new. you only live for so long .

Kaito looked up at the male the moment he had smelled Yohio enter his room. His eyes were covered by his dark blue hair, which meant that it covered the bright blue eyes that were shooting daggers at the other vampire. He slammed the suit case shut and straightened his back, taking a step closer to him. "You don't get it do you? The point of this trip is to find our true partner but we are not going to find them. They died years ago because the villagers found out about us. What will happen when we get there? We'll be found out and burned at the stake."

He grumbled something to himself after scolding the blonde. Turning away he finished packing the bag and zipped it shut. They would be leaving soon so he knew he had to at least act different. Once again he turned to Yohio and smiled softly- yet it was more of a smirk. "Say, miss, I was womdering if you'd like to spend the night with me? I've been alone for so long and I'd be nice to share the bed again." He spoke seductively. "Well- convincing?"

Next to her friend, laid another girl about the same age. She had giggled softly at the small noise Kayla made when Luna stepped on her. Brooke slowly sat up and ran a hand through her hair. "For the first time neither of us have homework today and I'm here watching you with your cat when I could be with my own cat."Even since the female had moved from Canada with her friend at the end of High school the first thing she did was adopt a cat. It was a pure black male cat and she named it Shingo- reasons still remain a mystery to Kayla but Brooke knew exactly why.

"And the weather here is a lot different from home- it's kinda obvious. We will no longer have a day of -7 then 13 then -8 the day after." SHe joked about how strange Canada's climate wa.s

yep, he certainly still was stuck in the past, quite bad actually. "kaito, how many years has it been since that happened? hundreds, don't you think they've changed? even if it be the slightest?" he asked, closing his eyes and shaking his head for a moment, a heavy sigh leaving him, though his expression totally changed when the blue haired male spoke once again.

seeing that smirk begin to pull on his features, he knew that something was about to happen, that was a rare look these days, but back when he was to say happy, that smirk always meant something was about to happen, something usually only he found joy out of. hearing his words, the blonde choked on the candy in his mouth, having to hit himself in the chest to try and clear his passageways. "sure if you want to sound like a pervert." he wheezed after a moment, struggling to fully regain his breath and coughing once before settling down "but, i'm sure...someone would want...you"

"luna's better, no matter what you say." she huffed softly, holding her cat on her stomach and grinning, there was something odd about that girl, all her life she had been struggling with depression and other things, but that cat was her joy throughout everything. she loved that thing.

"at least i won't have a cold every other week" she replied with a small snicker, her eyes closing for a moment. "i do miss back home though, even with all those bad memories, we certainly left some great ones behind." she muttered, at least brooke was there with her, and there would be new memories made.​

A pout crossed Kaito's face as he was shot down by the other male. It had been a very long time since anything interesting had happened in his life and perhaps playing with some humans would provide some fun. The idea of going to Japan suddenly became more interesting, especially if Yohio was telling the truth about the world. "Are you sure that the world changed at all? Humans are still humans even if they changed the way society runs. To them we must still be monster even if we hide among the majority." He stated as he placed his hand on his hip and shrugged his shoulders.

It had been a very long time and if they were able to hide among the majority and just feed off humans for the few years they had to remain in that country. He could revert back to his ancient nature of seducing women for food- hopefully this time the one woman who rejected him wouldn't exist.

Turning his back to Yohio, Kaito began to remember how he met his true partner all those years ago. It came out of no where but he still remembered it so vividly. The ravenette was a playboy and no woman had ever rejected him, except one day he met one. She said no to his advances and it honestly intrigued him- so he pursued her. It took over a year before he realized he had fallen in love and when he genuinely confessed- he was rejected again! It took another year before she accepted him and he drank her blood, finding out she was his partner. They were happy but before he was going to propose and make her immortal like him...she was killed......

It wasn't until he felt something warm on his cheeks that he came out of his memory. A hand came up to his face and that's when he realized...he was crying.

Brooke smiled softly at her friend. She knew that Kayla had been struggling with a lot of things growing up and that she had been little help. Being a support system but not a very effective one, especially when you each have different experiences in life. She wished she was able to stand by her friend more that what she did and she always regretted the stupid fights they got into- though some she didn't regret because she did manage to get some points across.

She was happy when they decided to move to Japan to complete their education in their specific fields. The main thing she was happy about was that once they came she could mainly focus on their education instead of their many friends asking why they were both single. Brooke didn't care for relationships- she just wanted a cat. "We made some great memories. For example we met each other.....and socks in a juice box." She said- starting serious but then joking.