Blogs: Why do you use them? Do you read them?

Do you use Blogs on Iwaku? Do you read Blogs on Iwaku?

• I read other blogs, but I do not have a blog myself.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerelin

Original poster
Lately I've been finding myself curious with the blogs on this site. I haven't made one myself, but I know that quite a few people do and they do so for many different reasons. Some people post CS's. Others post RP posts they are working on. Others just rant.

So, my questions to you are:
Do you use a blog?
If you do use the blog feature, what do you use it for?
Do you read other blogs?
If you do read other blogs, what captures your attention?
And if your answer is no to any question, why?

Do you use a blog?
From time to time yes.

I've used it for a lot of different things. I've posted roleplay ideas. My very first post (which I still update regularly) is a list over every roleplay I've ever been in, with a link to the roleplay itself. I've posted movie/anime reviews. I've talked about any random thing that interested me at that moment. I've posted character sheets when one x one partners has required it. But more often than not, I tend not to use the blogs. My interest in blogging comes and goes.

Do you read other blogs?
Not really. I do tend to skim through them now and then to see if there's something interesting there, and sometimes I do come across something I really want to read, but more often than not, I don't read blogs. I prefer listening to vloggers.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I went with the "it's complicated" option for the reasons below.

Do you use a blog? If you do use the blog feature, what do you use it for?

Sorta, but not really. I don't do the normal blogging thing, but I do have a private blog post that I use for testing coding stuff when the preview post function is being goofy. I think I also one time made a private blog thing to store an in progress RP post when I didn't wanna save it on a notepad on my computer. I technically use it, but not really.

Do you read other blogs? If you do read other blogs, what captures your attention?

Kind of. I don't really bother going and reading people's blogs to see what they're up to, but I have poked around on some people's blogs just because I was bored. I rarely bother to read past the title of the blog posts even.

Basically, while I sort of kind of do make use of blogs, it wouldn't bother me one bit if the feature were to be removed.

• Thank You
Do you use a blog?
Yuppers!

I used to use it primarily for character bios before the gallery went up. I also used it, and still do use it, for: ranting, rambling, sharing random things (like Minecraft shenanigans), RP sign-up drafts, plots/settings, etc.

Do you read other blogs?
If a title or first few lines catches my eye. I don't actively haunt the blogs page.

Funny stuff, sappy stuff, anything that seems SRS BSNS because I worry about all of you ; 3;

• Thank You
I don't have a use for blogs. I don't have anything worth boring the world with, and even if I did, let's be honest, no one would read it like 95% of all blog posts, and I'm really not all that interested in what other people put in those things.

• Thank You
I didn't really realise there were blogs on Iwaku, so I've just actually had a look at them now. I might start one, just as a way to kill time and ensure I still write things that aren't scientific reports. Plus, I might open it up to talking about maths and physics and stuff - on another forum I once made a thread where people could ask me questions on those and I'd try to answer, as (typically) writing sites' communities tend to be more Humanities-oriented.

And I might start reading some if I really like someone's writing style or something.

Reactions: Jerelin
I VOTED IT'S COMPLICATED. O__O

Do you use a blog?
YES! Iwaku's very rarely, because I have my own personal blog on space-kitten.

Iwaku's I use for random thoughts and musings or telling people community gossip about the site. My personal blog is where I store all of my characters, plots, writings, art, and roleplay logs!

Do you read other blogs?
Nooope. Not unless they link me something or something caught my eye. I don't have time for that. :(

Because I am an admin, anything that looks like someone is pissy or doing something bad will catch my attention first. o_o cause I have to make sure they're not. After that, things that look amusing will get me.

SO in short, I love blogs for personal use, but don't really care about checking out someone else's unless I am directed to it for reasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.