Beldaran

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beldaran

Original poster
Hello all, I am very new. I am used to roleplaying in an MMORPG environment- and have been very saddened by it. I am hoping that this can be a very fun and exciting experience for me!

Looking forward to meeting new people!

Blarg, anyone want to take me under their wing and show me the ropes of this website? Trying to figure it all out :(

Hi and welcome! I'll be happy to show you around. Are you looking for group roleplay or one-on-one?

First thing I suggest is going to your preferences and filling in everything that applies as thoroughly as you can. This will complete your Roleplay Resume, which should be one of the first things you do.

I am currently working on that now, I have done group and one-on-one in the past. This is a very different format than what I am used to though and am still learning how to navigate the website.

Ah. Most things can be found from any page, though the Forum is where RP takes place. There's a separate section for 1x1 and another for groups. There are also chat RPs, but I have zero experience with those.

At the top, you can find links to chatrooms. I suggest using those in firefox, since Chrome makes the whole page flash every few seconds and it's pretty hard on the eyes.

Also in preferences, make sure to experiment with the color scheme to find one that fits your eyes. I go with medium or medium light, though most threads rely on having a dark background color, so medium light doesn't always work, even when it's easiest on me.

Let's see, what else do you need to know? You can set 800x100 graphical banner ads under "My Ads" for free as long as they link to threads within Iwaku. Using those is a good way to get attention onto your thread by people all across the site.

Beyond checking the forums and making threads, that's all you really need to find RP here.

There's also a blog option that's a good place to store ideas, and a character gallery you can put characters up in. It looks like you found that. =)

Is there anything you need help with?

I guess I would prefer some 1x1 rp until I gain confidence in here. I am always a little timid upon entering a new community. Sometimes people can be very judgemental, so I believe I will check that area out as you suggested earlier. Thank you so much for your help and information!

It's not a problem! I'm happy to help. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.