BBcode music player embedding

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsidian Miscreant

⭈ Monstrous Menagerie ⭊
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies depending on my work schedule, as well as other personal factors.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I tend to favor a mixture of the following: Dark Fantasy, Romance, Mature, Action/Adventure, and Drama being my mains.
I've seen it around, yet am still not 100% familiar with all of the ins and outs of BBcode.
My first introduction to it having occurred upon joining this site about a year ago.

With that being said, I would like to learn how to add a mini YT media player to a post ( character bio, request thread, etc. )

Please and thank you in advance.

I personally haven't delved into embedding music players, so someone else might be able to help you further, but I believe there's a few pointers here. Sorry I can't be of more help!

• Thank You
Reactions: Obsidian Miscreant
I don't really bother with changing much of this code, it doesn't display the song or anything, it's just a little play button. I change the float right/left only.
Example:

Code:
 [div="float: left; border-radius: 8px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #c0c0c0;"][div="opacity: 0.2; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"] [div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"] [media=youtube]Insert youtube code here[/media] [/div] [/div] [/div]

I personally haven't delved into embedding music players, so someone else might be able to help you further, but I believe there's a few pointers here. Sorry I can't be of more help!
Nothing to be sorry for!
I appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

I don't really bother with changing much of this code, it doesn't display the song or anything, it's just a little play button. I change the float right/left only.
Example:

Code:
 [div="float: left; border-radius: 8px; width: 32px; height: 32px; box-shadow: 0 0 2px 1px #c0c0c0;"][div="opacity: 0.2; width: 32px; height: 32px; overflow: hidden;"] [div="position: absolute; top: -134px; left: 0;"] [media=youtube]Insert youtube code here[/media] [/div] [/div] [/div]
*___*
That was exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you so much!

• Love
Reactions: rissa and Pahn
@Pahn
Later on last night when I returned home to try out the code, I couldn't get it to work for some reason :O

I would place the YT video url in, and preview everything only to find that the play button disappeared each time. Leaving just a small unclickable black box. I may have been super tired last night and doing something wrong, but wanted to mention it.

@Pahn
Later on last night when I returned home to try out the code, I couldn't get it to work for some reason :O

I would place the YT video url in, and preview everything only to find that the play button disappeared each time. Leaving just a small unclickable black box. I may have been super tired last night and doing something wrong, but wanted to mention it.
Ahh, it's not the URL you have to put but the code only.

Screenshot_20171126-124842.jpg

Everything after the v= you should put in, the rest -- nope!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Obsidian Miscreant
Reactions: Pahn
Status
Not open for further replies.