RESOURCE BBCode Help

rissa

the clairvoyant pterodactyl
DONATING MEMBER

BBCODE AND DIVBOX INQUIRIES

A place specifically designed for bbcode and divbox related questions! Need help figuring out a bit of code? Not sure why your code keeps breaking? Unsure if what you want to do is even possible? Fret not! This thread's creation is for the sole purpose of helping you figure out your coding, one question at a time.

Before posting, take a look at our F.A.Q. and see if your question has been answered before!

Daemon

God of Calamity
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week
My Usual Online Time
6 PM - 3 AM EST
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
Favorite Genres
Fantasy (High, low) Sci-Fi, Romance, action, Cyberpunk, Thriller, Spy, Mafia, Comedy.
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, Furry, Bestiality, Crime fiction, Detective fiction
Would this play just the audio from a youtube video?

*I added that extra / at the beginning on purpose.

I'm trying to show a song track without showing the video as part of the preview for an RP Interest check. I looked at the links you gave and found that one which, looked like what I was going for. But is there a BB code where it just has the play button that someone could just hit and listen?

Nemopedia

Storms lie. A breeze it becomes. A breath it ends.
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
The blubbing encyclopedia
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
GMT +1/2 | CET/CEST | Random, mostly on my phone
Writing Levels
Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Both, depending how much there is going on already.
Favorite Genres
Tragedy, Psychological, Historical, Steampunk, Mystery, Thriller, Sci-fi, see tag list for more...
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance
Would this play just the audio from a youtube video?

*I added that extra / at the beginning on purpose.

I'm trying to show a song track without showing the video as part of the preview for an RP Interest check. I looked at the links you gave and found that one which, looked like what I was going for. But is there a BB code where it just has the play button that someone could just hit and listen?
Sorry for the late response. As far as I know the Audio bbcode doesn’t work with Youtube urls and needs a mp3 file. I haven’t had much luck with it. I think the easiest solution is to use the media bbcode in combination with CSS and play around with the sizes and padding to get what you want. You already mentioned that you had found it, but linking it again just in case.

Daemon

God of Calamity
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
A Few Posts A Day, A Few Posts a Week
My Usual Online Time
6 PM - 3 AM EST
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
Male, Primarily Prefer Male
Favorite Genres
Fantasy (High, low) Sci-Fi, Romance, action, Cyberpunk, Thriller, Spy, Mafia, Comedy.
Genre You DON'T Like
Yaoi, Furry, Bestiality, Crime fiction, Detective fiction
Thanks; I know before all these additions there was a BBCode that just popped up with a play button. Hahahah. All this CSS has my head spinning.

Quincunx

sludge of love
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week
My Usual Online Time
6 - 10 PM, Eastern Standard Time
Writing Levels
Male, Female, Futanari, Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Female
tba
Favorite Genres
Magical, Scifi, Action
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry, realism
How do I make the sun (solid), snowflake (regular), and moon (solid) Font Awesome icons display?

Nemopedia

SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
No Preferences
Favorite Genres
Tragedy, Psychological, Historical, Steampunk, Mystery, Thriller, Sci-fi, see tag list for more...
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance
How do I make the sun (solid), snowflake (regular), and moon (solid) Font Awesome icons display?
Hi, sorry for the late response. I was trying the font awesome symbols you mentioned, but it seems they don’t work? All the other font-awesome symbols seem to work. Seems like you picked an unlucky combo, hahahaha...

Maybe it is an bug. Since it involves bbcode it is best to report this in the BBCode cry thread in the Help Desk.

Nemopedia

SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Roleplay Invitations
Posting Speed
Slow As Molasses
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
No Preferences
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Romance
Hi, sorry for the late response. I was trying the font awesome symbols you mentioned, but it seems they don’t work? All the other font-awesome symbols seem to work. Seems like you picked an unlucky combo, hahahaha...

Maybe it is an bug. Since it involves bbcode it is best to report this in the BBCode cry thread in the Help Desk.
Seems like it was already reported in the BBcode cry thread along with an explanation of why it might not work. o: