Battle Royale (Classroom Deathmatch)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WeaponX

Original poster
battle-royale-kitano-contra-42-estudiantes.jpg

50 STUDENTS ENTER,
BUT ONLY 1 WILL SURVIVE!

Kidnapped by the government and transported to a mysterious Battleground,
50 Japanese high school students are forced to fight to the death in a brutal
televised contest called Classroom Deathmatch!

Classroom Deathmatch is a viciously brutal roleplaying game that asks tough
questions and forces players to make difficult choices. A game of trust, friend-
ship, murder, and betrayal. And only one player can win.

Do YOU have what it takes to survive?

Classroom Deathmatch is an awesome RPG published by Atarashi Games.
It's really a very easy game system to learn. Piece o' cake! The system is highly narrative, which is perfect for telling a cinematic story, and the crunchy bits of rules work beautifully.

If you've ever seen the movie Battle Royale, or read the book or the manga, you know exactly what this is about. You don't need to know the movie to play though! This story is set in Japan in the not-too-distant future, where the corrupt government televises a brutal reality game show called Classroom Deathmatch that all Japanese citizens are required to watch. Every year, one class of fifty high school students is abducted and taken to a heavily guarded Battleground. The students are injected with nano-machines which can kill the students in a heartbeat if they try to escape their grisly fate. They are then given weapons and forced to kill each other over a period of five grueling days. Only one student can survive -- if there are more students still alive at the end of the five-day time limit, the students are all killed. It's dog eat dog, survival of the fittest. It's the most brutal contest ever created. It's Classroom Deathmatch!

Play style:
Classroom Deathmatch is largely about the interpersonal relationships and internal struggles of the 50 classmates, as they suffer together under extreme circumstances. As such, It would like players who are interested in actually ROLE-PLAYING a little. Or a lot! All 50 of the characters are pre-generated, and PCs WILL die (probably frequently), so players need to be able to get "in-character" with PCs they don't create themselves. Also, creative thinking is often very important in this game. You will find out rather quickly that just running around killing everybody will probably just get you killed too. The game mechanics place a big emphasis on survival, so you'll have to think outside of the box in many situations.remember the game is played by dice

The game system uses a fairly abstract system based on the elements, which they call "Godai". There are five elements: Earth, Fire, Water, Air, and the Void (the Void, in this game, is usually referred to as 'Fear'). Whenever you come into 'conflict' with another character (that is, a point where you have differing goals in mind for a scene), you roll dice depending on the situation. Each of the elements has a different general category:

Earth: As described in the book, a person who embodies Earth is stubborn, resilient, stable, and hard to influence and change. "Use Earth to resolve conflicts by holding your ground, resisting physical force, refusing to change your mind, exerting physical strength and enduring hardship."

EXAMPLE: An obvious use of Earth is to resist being pushed into something or pushing something yourself. I have also used it when grappling for weapons, and, at one point, to hold onto a searing hot pipe so I could aim the gushing contents within at people. Also, I've used it for strangling, and resisting strangling. In a social setting, you can use it to actively resist temptation and outside influence and stay on course.

Water: Is change, adaptability, agility, flexibility. "Use Water to resolve conflicts by expressing or controlling your emotions, avoiding an attack, making use of physical dexterity or adapting to the situation."

EXAMPLE: Water is often used for sneaking up on people, escaping from things, bluffing people, etc. You can also use it to shimmy into tight spaces, or to climb things.

Fire: Passion and aggression. "Use Fire to resolve conflicts by attacking with words or force."

EXAMPLE: Probably the most straightforward element. All basic attacks, like punching and shooting, work through Fire. Characters with intense Fire stats don't have to think nearly as hard during combat as people without, because their actions are typically "I shoot/punch/stab Hiro Nakamura in the face". I haven't found much use for it outside of combat. I suppose intimidating people might be an option.

Air: Wisdom and movement. Running fast or jumping across things counts as Air. Actively searching things counts as air. Trying to convince people of things diplomatically is Air. Accuracy is air. It's one of the more varied ones. "Use Air to resolve conflicts through reasoning or rational discussion, by ignoring the problem entirely, through physical speed or accuracy, by running away or by getting out of the way."

EXAMPLE: Running away from the crazy dude with a chainsaw. Jumping across a gorge. Convincing the dude with a chainsaw who just caught you to let you live. Using your gun to shoot a rope, dropping a plank of wood onto an enemy. Although it says 'accuracy' in the name, the latter option is one of the few things you can do with this accuracy. Shooting the person directly is Fire.

Void: Fear. Use this to cry like a baby, cower in the corner, and run in a blind panic in the hopes that somebody helps you or pities you.

EXAMPLE: Not much. Sometimes you can convince NPCs that they can't go through with killing you, though it won't matter overly much if it's Day 5 and they've already personally killed 12 students. I once flailed madly and knocked some stuff onto an enemy NPC. Basically, this is the stat you use as a last resort, when you have nothing else. Also, you use it at the beginning of each day to restore some of your stats, so it's not REALLY a dump stat.

Each of these stats will have a number, ranging from 1-9 (the total of all stats will be exactly 25). This is how many dice you have. They disappear when you use them. So, let's say I have Fire 9, and I shoot my gun, and I really want to hit, so I roll 5 dice. I now have 4 Fire dice left. This is all I get. I can restore it using Flashback Scenes (which I can trigger at any time, and will be explained later), or at 6:00 AM every day during the morning announcements. If I go down to 0 dice in a stat, I simply can't use that stat anymore. I only need one success (a 5 or greater) on a die to succeed in whatever I am doing (be it making a birdhouse or mowing down a field full of students with my machine gun), so it is best to roll as few as you can risk.

every player should pick a "Best Friend" and a "Rival" from any of the other player-controlled characters. They can't be the same person.when you are in a conflict and you roll success then your best friend describe what happened but if you fail your roll then your rival must describe what happened to you. friends and rival have the right to describe everything they might think but if the scene that tehy describe was so unbelievable then we may decide to change it or vote for it to keep it going.

If you are low on dice, you can use them instead of taking an 'action' in a flashback (an 'action' can be anything from shooting your gun to singing a song. The other party in the conflict gets a 'response', if they so choose. The book gives an example of somebody using an action to stab a chick in the gut, and the other player responding by shooting. You can make a response as long as you are not unconcious or dead. You will know if you are unconcious or dead if the word unconcious or dead is expressly stated to be your condition. Otherwise, you are good to go). Then, we do a scene within a scene, detailing an event in the past, before you came to the island, that has something to do with what is going on right now. You can get anywhere between 1-5 dice of the type you want (usually 1 or 2) depending on how great the scene was, as long as you show that you used it during the flashback. During the flashback, you have max dice, and don't actually expend any until you are back in the present.

The example in the book is a girl about to stab a guy (who happens to be in the same clubs as her) but not having Fire Dice. So she has a Flashback to a time that they got in an argument over club material, to remind herself of how much she hates him. She gains the will to brutally murder him, represented by her gaining some Fire Dice.

You can't use a Flashback more than once a scene, and never twice in a row (another player has to do it before you can do so again).

The Game map would be like this:

1dc2bZQX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your interest! i think 5players is a good starting point for this game. so if i can find 5 player then we are ready to go:bananaman:

Reactions: Cassette
*Raises hand* I'm expressing interest~

Reactions: WeaponX
Status
Not open for further replies.