Basil Draws

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The one of the man with the machine gun is going on the cover of the book I just finished!

Wow these look so cool!! How long does it take you to complete a piece?

Wow these look so cool!! How long does it take you to complete a piece?
Thank you! As for the time these take; it depends!

The little things I made for the Newbie Care project, where its just a character bust on a pretty much blank background take me 1-2.5 hours, depending on how long it takes me to get my sketch together.

...More elaborate drawings?

tumblr_odgrtfDbtX1rk8b8so2_1280.jpg
This thing ↗ (It's Farnese, from the manga Berserk ) took me probably 6-7 hours, between the sketch, the line art, and the new style I went for in terms of lighting and colour. Comic pages take around the same amount of time, depending on how elaborate they are. I've gotten faster as time went on - as that picture of Farnese took 6-7 Hours, and this one, of Sigurd the Dragon slayer ↘ , is almost a year old, took longer, and is less complicated.

tumblr_o1jll3FFqu1rk8b8so1_r1_1280.png

this image wants to stay blurry

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
my life is crazy right now, but i have a show in PDX and this is what i've got going on

Reactions: Francis
Wow you're style is so different and amazing. <3 so watching this thread.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sir Basil
Wow you're style is so different and amazing. <3 so watching this thread.

That's so sweet of you to say ! I have to get better about posting here !

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Lillith looks so beautiful <3 ugh everything about that drawing is perf

Glad that you like it ! I miss that campaign and that final session with you guys was so amazing ! I'd been wanting to draw it forever.

• Love
Reactions: becna

thing for a contest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love
Reactions: Greenie and becna