5. Adept
  6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
Hey, so I'm designing a banner for a roleplay Interest Checker I plan on posting at some point (if the RP ends up getting enough people to get started then the banner would be modified for the OOC) and I'm somewhat stuck on the orientation of the writing. I already have font colors and size, but if you look closely you can see a few different ways that the text colors could be positioned and I was hoping to get some feedback on what the most appealing orientation of the colors would be. I've made this thread a poll so feel free to just leave a vote, but if you have any personal opinions on the matter please don't hesitate to comment them; who knows, someone might convince you to change your vote (which is an option i have left available for the poll). The 4 ways I have the banner are as follows;

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 1.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 2.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 3.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 4.png

Depending on answers I may bring up the subtext orientation as well (more for the positioning distance between the colors than the actual colors themselves since the above will decide the color order as well), but for now this is what I need help on. Also, if anyone thinks that the subtext might look better with an opposing orientation to the title text I'd love to hear it because that's an idea in my head that I also was hoping to get a second opinion on :) Thanks again for the help!

Hmm, can you use a different - darker - color if you're going to put the text on the upper left corner? It's a bit hard to make out due to the brightness of both the colors and the background.

When I tried darkening the tan/orange color just now it looked very unappealing and icky, but I went ahead and darkened the purple by 2 shades, how do these look?

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 1-2.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 2-2.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 3-2.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 4-2.png

If those still don't work then maybe these?

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 5.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Header Test 6.png

@Bass Magus

I personally would recommend you either use 4 or 6, as they are easier to read than the others.

I think the title looks more visible with this color. :o But is it what you want?
Yeah, I was just pulling colors from the base Hyperdimension Neptunia logo to use for the text so either combination works
@Bass Magus

I personally would recommend you either use 4 or 6, as they are easier to read than the others.
okay! thanks for the input :D

So after thinking about it over the last day I've come to agree very strongly with the points made @Hana @Sen, so with both of your input in mind I've decided to go ahead with option 6. Now my only issue is the spacing for the subtext shadow. I've included the two versions I have below and want to know which one is easier to read/looks visually better. The main difference if you can't tell is that on the second banner the darker text is lowered slightly

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Test 1.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Test 2.png

Alternatively, however, I'm now curious of if it would look better for the subtext to have a different color palette than the header (maybe it'd be more dynamic and eye-catching? idk) so I applied the modified color palette from option 4 and this is what it looks like below. Note that option 3 has the same shadow positioning as 1 and 4 as 2:

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Test 3.png

HDN; UE Interest Check Banner Test 4.png

Lastly, if you feel I should come up with something better for the subtext than what I've got I'll see what I can do ^-^ just let me know