Baldur's Gate 3: let me live vicariously through you guys

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

PavellumPendulum

honey believe me, ill have your heart on a platter
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
BG3 dropped and I see all my friends playing it but I don't have any monies... I AM SO JEALOUS SO PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES!!!! I want to live vicariously through y'all who have bought it 😭

I suffer worse.. I have the money to buy it, but I know I don't have the time to play it

:p :*

That is unfortunate. Me on the other hand...

I have the money. I have some time to spare. I tried to get the game. But my laptop apparently can't handle the game and kept crashing when I tried to start. None of the guides I saw online helped me fix my issue so I had to refund it cause there was no point in me keeping a game I couldn't play. If I wanted to play I'd have to get a new laptop. More expensive than just buying the game. I still need to save up for a new laptop so it'll take me a while.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Monbon
I am giving in to peer pressure, I think.
I was not even remotely interested in the game, but it's all my friends will talk about and keep going on how good it is.
Welp! I guess I need to buy it now!

If you're using steam, you can play the game through library-sharing while the friend you're borrowing from is playing, just by opening up the Larian Launcher in the steam folder. You just need to not have Steam opened. You can play multiplayer using a direct connection in the meantime, including with the friend whose copy of the game you are perusing, but you won't get achievements.

The game is okay. I got through the tutorial level and slew both the boss I was supposed to run away from and the thing that was keeping it preoccupied, and ever since then I have been searching for The Plot, but have only been able to find a bunch of things trying to murder me and failing at the job. So, you know, they nailed that part of baldur's gate. Not a fan of fifth edition Dungeons & Dungeons, but so far this is the only game I can think of that'll let me play as a half-darkelf follower of eilistraee. It's come up in conversation two or three times, but two of those times it was a "no I'll pray to my deity instead" conversation option when confronted with somebody mourning over their recently-murdered friend. Kind of dick-writing? The druids being fervently against allowing me anywhere near their inner circle is spot-on, though.

Oh right, spoilers: there are druids and murders. And tieflings!

I'm not playing as The Dark Urge because I like tieflings. Tieflings have been promoted from XP fodder to "only murder if absolutely necessary." Goblins, dark elves, psychic kalamari-men, dragonriders, and pretty much everything else that isn't a common animal or a comrade is being eaten for XP, and probably being cheesed with Sneak Attack spam. I have lost count of how many fights I've cheesed with my rogue spamming sneak attack, but the most recent one kind of aggro'd almost an entire goblin village's population and they quickly found a way up the walls to start shooting back.

Karlach the Barbarian is probably my favorite companion, but Wyll is a close second, and Gale is just so charming. Wyll and Karlach have my second-favorite way to cheese fights: shoving people, and knockback lasers. There are so many fights that look like they're just built around fun environmental hazards, and you get to knock people into cliffs.

So yeah, so far my only regrets are not making a flat-chested lizard girl w/ peen instead, and putting more hours of my life into a Dungeons & Dreadmoar video game than I'm spending with my other half. Maaaaaaybe the 120 gig install too? My V-nand can handle it, but I'd rather have that space for other stuff and I don't wanna go buy more SSDs.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
BG3 dropped and I see all my friends playing it but I don't have any monies... I AM SO JEALOUS SO PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES!!!! I want to live vicariously through y'all who have bought it 😭
I love this, because I'm also super jealous and living vicariously lol.

I'VE MADE AT LEAST 4 DIFFERENT GAMES AND ALL BUT ONE ARE IN ACT 1

my main game is a tiefling bard, i'm in act 2, romancing gale.
i have entirely fucked this game up 😭 lae'zel is dead, halsin somehow died in my camp, i killed karlach. it's just a hot mess in this save-

Hiso has actually gotten me so far, we're in act 3. The rest of my games are in act one pretty much exclusively.

I'm aiming to eventually do a more... evil run in which i betray everyone and gain minthara, but im not ready to do it yet lol.

IM STILL IN ACT 2 BUT I FINALLY MADE IT TO MOONRISE!!! casually just only played 70hrs first

my partner finished the game completely the other day and said he almost cried- so that means i will definitely be crying

Myself, @Megasis and our husband's are all playing together. Two sessions this weekend alone and we are just getting to the second act. My husband drove away Gale, and I hate Lae'zal [however u spell it] so she has been murdered.

But the four of us are having a grand time!

My husband is a human paladin
Meg's husband is a dragonborn rogue
Meg is a tiefling ranger
And I'm a half elf monk.

My solo play, I have a elf druid

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Monbon and Megasis
Myself, @Megasis and our husband's are all playing together. Two sessions this weekend alone and we are just getting to the second act. My husband drove away Gale, and I hate Lae'zal [however u spell it] so she has been murdered.

But the four of us are having a grand time!

My husband is a human paladin
Meg's husband is a dragonborn rogue
Meg is a tiefling ranger
And I'm a half elf monk.

My solo play, I have a elf druid
Heehee yesss!! We have been having a blast. I'm amazed at how much detail the game has. This type of top down RPG isn't typically my bread and butter, but it's been great and only bound to get better. This studio really knows how to tell a story and let you be in control of your own game. Multiple playthroughs are a must! Just ask my husband, he played the beginning act like five different times already xD

And now @Manna Beast can vouch since she has a solo character and another playthrough that her and her husband started up. Can't give the game enough praise! I still laugh that in her solo run she said she told a goblin to literally eat shit because he was being an ass LOL

@HisokaAyase taught me that bards are pretty fucking bad ass in bg3, so I'm finding a love for them. I love my druid and my warlock and my sorceror, but bards are pretty great. I think my top two favorites are bard and sorceror tbh.

@HisokaAyase taught me that bards are pretty fucking bad ass in bg3, so I'm finding a love for them. I love my druid and my warlock and my sorceror, but bards are pretty great. I think my top two favorites are bard and sorceror tbh.
BARDS ARE SO GOOD IN GENERAL !!!! my first character is a bard and i get such good advantages on my rolls tbh