B-movies

• Thread starter Miss Flufferbutt
  • Start date
M

Miss Flufferbutt

Original poster
Ever watch a movie that was just so horrible it was funny? Maybe one that you liked anyways because of its corny special effects or absurd acting. Or maybe it was actually pretty good! Share your experiences here!

Right now I'm watching Zombie Strippers and just... homg. It's bad, but it has its funny parts. xD The title screen uses one of those cheesy dripping blood fonts and... and it's zombie strippers​ for crying out loud!

Starship Troopers.
It's so corny and macho-American, I think they purposefully made it the most cliché alien-killing movie possible.

I sat through Zombie Strippers once.
Because, I needed a good laugh. :D A GOOD, DRY LAUGH.

Uhm....
The OLD Tron movie.
I LOVED it for how bad the animations and effects were. But, for the time, that was good. <3 so yay.

Also,
ALL of the Lepherchan movies. I mean. C'MON.

Yes.

Example: Lords of Magick

I'd say 98% of the SyFy original movies. They are so terrible that I either spend nearly entire movie laughing or wondering how I'll get back the time I lost while watching it.

I remember watching Starship Troopers when I was younger, but I don't remember much of it. But at the time, I loved it. xD

Staci, do you mean those scary leprechaun movies? Where he's trying to kill this family or something? Or just any leprechaun movie? .__.

I'd say 98% of the SyFy original movies. They are so terrible that I either spend nearly entire movie laughing or wondering how I'll get back the time I lost while watching it.

Oh my god.

Agreed.

I have to say though, they really struck me through the heart when they made "Highlander: The Source"

Freddie Mercury is spinning in his fucking grave whenever someone gets to the part where they play that crappy 'Princes of the Universe' Remix

Starship Troopers is certainly corny, but I wouldn't call it a B-movie, especially since it was actually in theaters and had a huge budget. Paul Verhooven, the director is known for being ridiculous, in the best way. Now, the sequels to Starship Troopers... those are B movies. And awful.

I remember back in the day, when SyFy channel was called SciFi channel, and they had some really good terrible movies. Lately, though, I think they're more like C movies. Some of them just make me cringe from the titles, and I used to watch them all the time with my friend in high school 6-7 years ago and mock them, but a lot of the ones I see them making now are just...awful...

Ice Spiders was pretty funny. MegaShark vs Various things are always classically awful. Sharktopus was pretty funny.

I'm trying to think of other ones off the top of my head that were actually enjoyable, but all I can think of are the ones that made me go "UUUUUUGGGGHHH"

Vampires vs Zombies. So bad that its good, but its so bad that its bad. I can't even begin to explain it, but at one point a zombie gets hit by a car, and they make no effort to disguise the fact that its a wooden dummy.

It was a Bit Satirical IMO

Yeah, it was supposed to be satirical, but they kept some themes from the Heinlein novel it was based on. It's a view on what society would be like under a totally fascist system, Verhooven went the ridiculous route, while the book is waaaaaay more serious.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show was amazing. A tribute to B-List movie. Such a good B-list it should be the B+list.

I don't know how much of a "good" reception it got, but... Either version of the Exorcist prequel is good for a laugh, I think. Okay, in all seriousness, those movies made me genuinely like Stellan Skarsgard as an actor, but they're pretty laughably bad and his good performance doesn't change that. Kind of adds to it, really. They made me laugh when they should have been scaring me.

Really? I had always heard they were so scary. .__.

Garbage pail kids. OMG so bad.

For all of the years and what feels like billions of B-movies Orion & I have watched, I think that my crowning achievement was asking him to watch Nazis at the Center of the Earth with me.

*sits back & basks in Orion's delicious screams of WHY!?*