3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Medieval, Sci-Fi
Hey everyone

This is my first attempt on worldbuilding, and I think it is better to ask for help before I screw it up. I cannot give precise details in which categories I need help, but probably all of them :D

At the moment I am only just carving in the races, which may take some time. I plan to have multiple gods that personify things and live in peace with each other. They have created the world of Avraltis and all life's origin, but they created each race individually. They gave the Elves their language, so they could also weave the world as they saw fit, but were limited by their own magical power. If anyone would try to alter the world in a way that only a god can, he would most likely kill himself.

Here is the part about magic from my interest check:
Everyone can learn the language with which the gods have created this world
  • Elves speak it by nature, but the language only wears magic with the magic word.
  • When magic is casted, it drains magic energy from the caster or unprotected lifeforms. This can result in sudden unconsciousness or death, if the spell was to much to handle.
  • While channeling magic one uses the most necessary words incoherently. Casting in sentences is most rare and costs the most energy, but allows for the most precise spells. Most often used by archmages.
  • How much energy a spell costs is dependent on the words. There are many ways to create a sword, simply creating matter from energy is the hardest way and bending iron into the form of a sword is the easiest way.
  • In order to create or recreate something, one has to know how it is formed. One cannot form a sword if he does not know how it looks, and one cannot heal bones and wounds if he doesn't know how it should be.

And here is the wiki about this world.

Thanks for all efforts to help :)

Edit:
I would mostly need help with making each of the races more unique and the layout for their wiki-pages

Last edited:
Hmm, I really could use help for the Lore of the Elves. Right now I am struggling with their Politics, I don't know when such things establish and how I should describe it... Also thinking about what kind of system it should be, but I hope to figure that alone

I find it helpful to complete a quiz on subjects to help flesh them out!

Elvish politics:
Is there one main ruler, or many rulers of equal power?

How do the rulers get their power?

If a ruler is unfit, what provision is there to remove him/her or reduce their role?

Is the government divided into departments, or are all decisions made as a whole?

Are the Elvish nation a democracy? A dictatorship? Something else?

What policy is there if another nation commits a wrongful act against them like cutting off their water or killing an elvish citizen?

What is the policy if another nation declares war on them?

What are the plans in case of continental drought or famine?