At Odds: A 1x1 RP with Kichiro and Suikakitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vulpa nodded as he was told how much room he had. It wasn't much, but it was better than what he currently had by leaps and bounds. He wanted to run out of the cage and sprint to the end of the hall as fast as he could, but that would make a lot of noise, especially since the halls were pretty echoy. So, he casually walked out and looked down both sides of the hall, trying to decide which way to go.

He huffed as he was called a beast and turned to look at the much smaller elf. "A beast, eh?" He asked, slowly advancing on him. When he got within arms reach, Vulpa put his hands on his shoulder and bared his teeth. "I could be one if I wanted to. I could push you up against the wall like this." He pushed Iyari against the wall and leaned down a bit so they were more face to face. "And I could attack you or something ridiculous like that. However, I am a civilized being and I know how to keep my hunting instincts in check." He smiled once more as he let him go and stuck his tongue out.

A gasp escaped Iyari at how close he had gotten and he was fairly certain his entire face was on fire. As he let him go he took a breath and began rubbing his cheeks a bit before huffing, "I'll thank whatever beings allowed me to be in the presence of such a civilized being." He said sarcastically, yet at the same time meaning it. He'd much rather have Vulpa around than a more violent, unrestrained elf. Though he'd felt that sort of presence in him previously at least he had some control over it.

He felt the blush on his cheeks die down a bit before he rose an eyebrow at him, still pressed against the wall, "Wouldn't you rather enjoy your freedom instead of teasing me like this? Or are you the one who enjoys my face so much?" He murmured, tilting his head innocently. He felt doubtful about that however, his features were fairly common.

He couldn't help but chuckle as he saw just how red the other was getting. Vulpa hadn't thought that contact of that sort would embarrass him so much. It probably had something more to do with the fact that he wasn't expecting it. Either way the banter was pretty amusing and he just had to continue with it. "Well teasing you is quite enjoyable, so that isn't a bad course of action. However, it could be the pretty face of yours that kept me around for so long." He said, shrugging and turning around to explore.

Some of the other prisoners glared at him, some even jeered, but most of them just ignored him. As he walked by the cages, he noticed that there were all kinds of elves. Old, young, pretty, ugly, healthy, dying, and even a woman with a child. Vulpa felt like maybe things could have been worse and was a little ashamed of his complaining. No matter which cell he went by, they were all worse off than he was. He wanted to help, so the moment he came across a naked woman, shivering and sneezing, he gave her his shirt. He had to help her put it on she was so weak, but she still managed to thank him.

By the time Vulpa reached the end of the hall he had had enough of all of the sorrow and anger in the cells and he ran back to Iyari. He stopped in front of the little elf and took a moment to catch his breath. "Either that hallway was longer than I thought, or I am really out of shape." He said, with a little half smile. He didn't really feel like going anywhere now that he knew all he would see were prisoners. He should have expected as much, but it hadn't even occurred to him that there were others in the dungeon.

He gave an unconscious roll of his eyes at the words and watched him walk off before musing how those sort of words died to him. Maybe when he started having banquet duty? Possibly. Drunk nobles would give those words to practically anyone who walked by them and when he was younger he'd probably gave a squeak or blush. He shook his head and frowned remembering he had banquet duty again the next day. There was some sort of special thing about it, he couldn't remember what however.

Iyari shrugged, it probably wasn't important, or at least he hoped it wasn't. He returned to watching Vulpa and blinked in surprise as he gave up his shirt for one of the women, if he remembered right she said something a bit too loudly about the kingdom and guards punished her rather unjustly. He gave a genuine smile when the other came back, "If I get lucky I can try to get you some fresh air and more space," he murmured before letting out a sigh and gesturing to the cage, "but for now you'll have to go back into your little square of fun. I'll grab you another shirt," he stated, beginning to head off to where they stored them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vulpa walked back into his cell with a little bit of comfort knowing that woman at least had a shirt. He also knew that there was a chance of him getting out again, so it wasn't as hard to crawl back in. He could already imagine the clean smell of the outdoors. No stench of rotting waste and sickly bodies to have to ignore. He stood just inside the door and waited patiently for Iyari to come back with another shirt. It would be nice if this one wasn't made of such scratchy material, but he didn't get his hopes up. It seemed like all of the prisoners got the same clothes to wear.

When he received the shirt from the dirty blonde elf, he closed the door and slid the shirt on. "Do you think I will be given the chance to wash up before they torture me? After not washing in a full week, I don't think I am fit to see anyone for such an appointment. How could they believe anything I say when I am so dirty. They would call me a filthy liar." Vulpa said as he lazily leaned against the bars with his arms hanging out.

Even though he didn't make it seem like a big thing, taking a bath was important to him. He didn't want there to be any sign of weakness to him and smelling like a rotting pile of dung wasn't healthy. If he could just go into the torturing room with some confidence, maybe be the time he died he could get away with telling nothing. He had no idea what to expect, but he knew that he was not going to like it.

He laughed softly as he took the key from the door. He was enjoying the other's sense of humor, it was refresher from the gloomy slaves who would barely crack even a smile if he made a joke. "I'll look into that, I can probably get some water and a shirt for you to use tomorrow to clean up," he stated, planning it out a bit in his head. He could probably sneak a bucketful of water and hide it somewhere while everyone was bustling about. Iyari slipped the key into his pocket and bid the other a good night as he headed back to the slave's quarters for some well needed rest.

He was jostled awake by another slave who had grabbed his arm and was saying something about how they needed him now and to get him ready and all his mind could register was that something smelled nice. When he was more awake, he stared at himself in a cracked mirror as one of the female slaves weaved what he could faintly recognize as flowers in his hair. She was blathering on about how the banquet was for some royal related to the emperor was getting married and the banquet was a bachelor's party of sorts to which he began tuning her out before hearing something that sounded important, "Wait what about the flowers?"

The girl looked offended he interrupted her before explaining how the flowers were gathered in areas near Sylthean territory and how amazing it was that they had gotten such rarities, especially for slaves to use before he fully tuned her out. When she finished, he found himself looking a bit more presentable than usual before shrugging as she slipped away to do another's hair and went off to gather up the bucket before he was sent up to the banquet.

Wedding banquets were typically easier to deal with, the nobles being distracted and moreso giving praises to the groom for 'such a catch' and all that. Most of the slaves were usually sent away earlier to keep some decorum and Iyari was happy to be sent off. He, unlike some of the others, left the flowers in his hair as he delivered the food for the night.

As he headed down to Vulpa, he gave a grin to the other as he slipped the tray in. "I didn't get you any outside time but there were these at the banquet I got to have," he explained almost excitedly as he gestured to the flowers, "if you want I could take some of the flowers the others didn't want and give them to you."

Vulpa had been napping as the slave had came into the dungeon. It wasn't until he spoke that he actually woke up. The first thing he saw was a little elf with flowers woven into his hair and a big goofy grin on his face. It was much too comedic to resist cracking a joke or two. "I don't mind not getting out, you gave me enough enjoyment with this." He gestured to Iyari's outfit and grinned. "Who was the groom and why am I the bridesmaid?" He asked, throwing his hands up into the air as if the other had committed an offense.

There was no way that he was going to let him live this down. Syltheans didn't marry often, but when they did, the bride was always the one wearing flowers. One of the two main reasons they had mostly done away with such a tradition is because of same sex marriage. The tradition was very gender based and made it difficult, so they had made up their own form of it many years ago. Now it was just called a union and it was completely different from the Unethlian weddings.

He gave a huff as he crossed his arms, giving him a playfully hurt look. "I'm glad I brought you such joy with how silly I look," he sniffled, turning his head away. He reasoned that he probably did look ridiculous, there weren't any Unethlians who put flowers in their hair and they only did for such rare occasions as weddings and the sort. He blinked at him confusedly, "I'm not exactly dressed as a bride, at the most I'm the bridesmaid." He stated, feeling for one of the flowers.

From the rare time Iyari got to serve at a wedding, the bride was dressed far more gorgeously than placing simple flowers on her head. She had the most lovely of dresses and a veil upon her head, with her bridesmaids looking amazing yet not as pretty to steal the show from her. As he thought back to the dresses they wore, he gave a short laugh imagining Vulpa in such a thing, "You'd be a lovely bridesmaid though I'm sure," he teased, looking him over and give another giggle, "I'll be sure to invite you as one to my nonexistent wedding to be."

Last edited by a moderator:
Vulpa chuckled as he watch him sulk. It was hard to feel unhappy when he was dressed up with such pretty flowers woven into his hair. He mused that whomever had done it really had some talent. It wasn't easy to put flowers in short hair and make them stay. "Even though its not your wedding you would have fooled me. I was just about to get jealous of the lucky groom. Oh well, now I can just be jealous of those flowers." He sighed and looked at his hair longingly. He was joking, but in truth the flowers really did remind him of home and he wouldn't mind keeping some in his cell.

When Iyari suggested that he himself would look good in a bridesmaid dress, he couldn't help but imagine it. Vulpa looked down at himself and put his hands on his waist. "Well, I certainly do have the figure for it. Tell you what, you get me one of those dresses in my size and I would love to try it on. It would be better than what I am wearing now." He said in a light, but serious tone. He completely meant it too; he had worn plenty of dresses in his day and found them quite comfortable even if they weren't overly functional.

"What colours were they? I hope they were green, but a deep emerald. Sort of like the colour of giant's moss just after a rain storm. That would be lovely." Vulpa thought about it and smiled as he remembered the clothing from Sylthea. He loved to wear feathers, leather, and woven grass. He missed the vibrantly dyed fabrics most of all though.

Iyari hummed softly, picking the flowers out of his hair one by one, "I did say I'd give them to you," he said, giving a wince at one tangled a bit too much. He gathered them up in his hands and passed them to him. Thinking back on it, the others didn't seem to want to give up the flowers and seemed to be overjoyed to have them. He enjoyed them himself though figured Vulpa would enjoy them more.

"If I could I would, but alas these filthy slave hands couldn't possibly be allowed to touch such things," he sighed as though it was great disappointment. It sort of was, it'd be a bit funny while interesting to see the other parading around in such a thing. He'd also admit they looked far more comfortable to wear than his slave garbs or the burlap fabrics the prisoners got.

He thought back to the wedding and gave him a nod, "They were green, a bit more on the lighter side though," he frowned, biting his lip, "a tiny bit tacky now that I remember but I'm sure you'd manage to make it work." He hummed, another laugh escaping him as he turned to head back to finish up his duties, "I'll be back in a bit with your bath water, it might be a bit cold." He warned before leaving Vulpa with the flowers.

The flowers were already starting to wilt and the petals had a few tears in them, but to him they were the most beautiful things in the world. He smiled as he received them and nodded his thanks. Their smell was faint, but it still reminded him of home. These flowers grew in clearings and alongside lakes, anywhere where there was enough sun coming through the trees. They made the forest just a little brighter and sweeter. Vulpa could remember all the times he had picked these and gave it to the elders or to some of the of tribes members. Until now he had never really realized just how much the flora of him home effected him. They had given him shelter, food, and clothing, but most importantly, they had given his life some beauty. A week ago he wouldn't have given a plant a second glance, but now he was dying to see a tree or even just some grass. Sure, these flowers were lovely, but they were just a ghost of their former selves, just like himself.

After placing the flowers on the nicest patch of ground he could find, Vulpa sat in his cell and thought about home. It didn't take much longer before he was holding back tears. He just now comprehending the situation. It had all seemed like just a dream, something that he would eventually wake up from or maybe he was hoping for rescue. Either way, he knew that chances were he was going to die here like the rest of his comrades he had brought all. He would probably never see Terra Ost again and apologize to Head Chieftain Kava. His mother was probably sick with grief, but at least his sister would be happy. Vulpa curled up in a ball and turned his back to the bars. Maybe if he closed his eyes, he could imagine that he was back home and away from all of this.

It took him a short while to get back, waiting for the guards to leave for the night and gathering everything up, but he had successfully retrieved everything needed for a bath. Iyari was a bit surprised to learn that no one had discovered the bucket of water though figured it was a stroke of luck. Giving it a quick test on his way there, he noted it wasn't too cold so it wouldn't be that uncomfortable for a bath.

He went over to the bars and slid the key in before pausing and tilting his head at the prisoner faced away from him. The slave reasoned he was possibly asleep, though he figured the other would've stayed up. "...Vulpa?" He frowned, opening the door up and walking in hesitantly while noting the flowers on the ground, "Are you alright?" He asked with the slightest bit of worry in his voice as he placed the bucket down.

Status
Not open for further replies.