Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Medieval era
Hello everyone! My name's Asteryn. I've been around this site a time or two- had to drop out once due to health problems, and had little luck with partners the second time around so I drifted away. Truth be told, I probably didn't try hard enough, really. I've been in a writing drought, though, so I'm back yet again to see if the third time really is the charm. So! That said, I'm going to try and keep this post short and sweet, at least inasmuch as I can (I'm not good at short posts!)

• My availability can be patchy at times. Recently I've been on more days than I haven't. Posting speed will vary greatly from story to story, and can go anywhere from multiple posts a day to once a week, depending on how much the story inspires me and how much detail goes into my posts. I honestly am not picky about my partners' posting speeds, though! One of my best stories my partner can take several months to get a post up. And then I have a partner who can manage 5+ posts a day. I can work with most any speed. But please do not poke me for a response unless it has been at least a week- it won't make me post any faster!
  • I do not give out any off-site contact information, for either IC or OOC reasons. If you want to talk privately, let's utilize the pm system. I've been harassed by partners off-site before and it's no fun, so I'm not risking it happening again. Don't even bother asking.
  • I'm a DM! What do I mean by that? Well, equal effort partners are great. Feel free to throw twists and turns in too. But I also don't mind partners who take a more passive role! If you just want to have one or two characters and leave me to fill in the rest of the world, well then fear not, because that's my specialty!
  • I write multiple paragraphs. I generally strive for a minimum of three per post. I prefer partners who can match that.
  • I will always, always have multiple characters in a story. I have a preference for partners who are willing to write at least two (it's more fun that way!), and more is always nice too. But I will consider partners who only write one character, if you are convincing enough.
  • I generally prefer to write female characters, but for sure do write males as well (I'm not familiar with trans/non-binary or other non-traditional gender roles, so I stay away from that.) Let me write at least one female main and I won't complain too much. Write a male main to be her love interest and I'll be quite happy indeed.
  • I only do mxf pairings for main characters/relationships. I can handle other pairings for side characters, but not for major players. I mean, unless both parties are your characters, in which case go wild, you know?
  • No, romance is not required when writing with me! However, it's always a nice bonus. And I do write mature content on request (Redstar only please!) However, please be advised that I will be picky on how such content is approached (read: erotica versus smut. I write erotica, not smut. If you don't know the difference, I'll be happy to spell it out for you privately.)
  • Oh! And a random note that I always seem to forget. I know there's this trend in the roleplaying community involving using colored text, especially for character dialogue. Which is cool and all, but certain colors (especially when combined with certain background colors) give me headaches (I have chronic migraines.) So I usually prefer to stay away from colored text entirely, but if you have to have it, please work with me and we can try a few colors out and see which ones I can handle before you start using them in a story. Thanks!
Alright, so now that we got all that messy stuff out of the way, it's time to talk about what I'm into, right? Now, I'm going to keep this sort of vague (again, inasmuch as I do vague) because I feel that I've already talked your ear off. But I can give more detail on most everything, so if anything catches your attention feel free to ask about it!
  • I usually prefer fantasy stories (sometimes high, but recently low fantasy has been my real interest.) I also love historical-inspired stories (especially medieval-ish), and I'm currently big into political intrigue (mainly court politics, kings and successions, backstabbing and betrayal. Fun things, right?) I will not write any slice-of-life, modern, or sci-fi stories.
  • My current major inspiration is a low-fantasy political intrigue story involving, well, see the above point. Involved a lot of characters on my part, and lots of potential for you to decide how your character gets dragged into it all. Think a Game of Thrones vibe, if you know what I'm talking about. Just in the tone and general themes, not at all canon or anything!
  • I have a plot bunny involving a next-gen-ish idea for How To Train Your Dragon, but sort of AU? It's complicated. But basically lots of fun with vikings riding dragons, because who doesn't like dragons?
  • Generally anything involving an arranged marriage. Especially one where one or both parties are hiding dramatic, deadly, or even world-shaking secrets. I have various plot bunnies for this one, so hit me up if you want to hear a few.
  • Wild card! Bring me an underdeveloped idea of yours (ie a plot bunny, not a long, well thought-out plot) and lets see if we can't make it into something great together.
Ahem. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and cut it there for now. Who knows, maybe I'll expand it more later (my self control is a fragile thing when it comes to adding detail to these types of posts...) In the meantime, if anyone is interested, please feel free to shoot me a pm (I prefer to keep this thread clean, thanks!) and hopefully we can come up with a great story to work on together!

Reactions: Manna Beast