DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
It varies a lot depending on my schedule, unfortunately.
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Psychological horror
Body horror
Supernatural
Giallo
Splatterpunk
Dark fantasy
Historical
Low fantasy
Magipunk
Weird West
Noir
Thriller
Gothic horror
Southern Gothic
Gaslamp fantasy
Cyberpunk
Space saga
Clockpunk
Space Western
Space opera
Paranormal
Modern fantasy
Dieselpunk
Post-Apocalyptic
Crime drama
Medieval fantasy
This is a storage vault and testing lab for any templates I make to use in posts and shit because I am lazy and people want shiny things apparently. I don't care about code theft because code is code, but don't straight up jack fancy designs without asking. Also don't post here, dangit.

harry.png

Character Name
Gender | Age | Relationship Status
SPECIES
Biography goes here.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, eu maiorum persecuti pro, populo corpora invenire cum ad. Sea ad noster laboramus, cu soleat delicatissimi necessitatibus vix. Ut duo appetere deterruisset. Labore persequeris cu sit, causae doctus eum te. Case aeterno qui an.

Eam tantas ullamcorper ea. Mel at dico gloriatur, pri iudicabit delicatissimi signiferumque et. In vel viris verear. Qui audiam principes et, natum dicat in vim. Tritani vocibus praesent an duo, ut tempor electram disputando per.

Est lucilius principes ea. Ne nam delenit dolores petentium. Cum omnium omnesque an. Nibh solet incorrupte pri ad, est graeci facilisi persequeris ea, pri dicat eloquentiam reprehendunt at.

Te pro elitr congue accommodare, nemore latine et nec. At eam choro cetero propriae, torquatos neglegentur in ius. Sit id omittam consequat assentior. Posse fastidii cum in, brute nonumes cu per. Vel eruditi habemus facilisi ei.

Quo eu cibo prompta, id vim facete perfecto, at vim accommodare voluptatibus. Novum epicuri efficiantur ex sed, pro te altera animal interesset, ei munere euismod eos. Causae feugiat copiosae nam at, possit conceptam voluptatibus quo ne. Mel augue percipit ne. Aliquam delenit urbanitas in est, eum perfecto corrumpit ei.

GM NPCs

casey-jones-s.png
miranda-jones-s.png

Last edited:

CAST LIST

harry-s.png

hunterbanner.gif

zodiac.png

mnpav_banner.gif

fallenstar.png

10615a0315c625884.png

106159fd9e102a3f3.gif

bitebanner.gif

Last edited:
You hear this story all the time. A kid turns whatever age and suddenly their whole world turns upside-down.

Great! Now I'm the living embodiment of another tired old cliche. And instead of being just another angsty kid in a school full of other cliche, angsty kids, there are gods and phenomenal powers in the mix. What asshole thought putting us all together was a good idea? Sure, let's cram a bunch of hormonal teenagers who can't control their shit into the same building. What could possibly go wrong?

I think I'll show them what can go wrong.

imgpsh_fullsize.png

AMPHISBAENA: TEEN GODS is the modern fantasy story of budding demigods coming into their own and discovering forces beyond their darkest imaginings, driving them out of their parents' shadows.

"Boredom is the root of all evil. Even the gods knew this, for in their infinite boredom they created mankind.

Then mankind made teenagers... and now we'll never hear the end of the words, 'I'm Bored.'"

Welcome to Amphisbaena Boarding School for Girls and Boys.

You are a demigod and student between the ages of 13 and 18. You have extraordinary powers, but absolutely zero mastery over any of them. One or both of your parents were gods or were descended from gods themselves. Now you're stuck in a boarding school- more like daycare, really- for demigods, because someone out there felt it was safer for everyone if over-juiced twits like you weren't goofing around with uncontrollable powers and causing utter chaos in the mortal world. Everyone knows how easy it is to break humans.

Little do you know, of course, that the walls of Amphisbaena are not so safe. Someone at the school has a plan. Not only could this devious scheme destroy the school, but it could very well expose the existence of the magical world to mortals, a fate the Elder Gods feel modern mankind just isn't ready for.

And they may not be acting alone...

But forget all that. TEENAGERS WITH GODLY POWERS, FUCK YEAH!

Let's get some basic rules and preemptive FAQs out of the way.

Can I play a teacher/parent/Elder God?

You must play a student. Sorry, no adults in this roleplay. It's for plot reasons.

Can I play a mortal?

See above. Mortals cannot be students at Amphisbaena, nor do they know that the school exists.

My character didn't know they were a demigod until this new school year!

This isn't a question All characters are demigods and have been aware of this for most if not all of their life. It IS possible that they have not developed their powers until this year and/or that this is their first year attending Amphisbaena, regardless of their age.

There's already a demigod of [insert aspect, e.g. love, war, death, etc.]. Can I still play one?

Yes, but if you all try to be death god children I will drown you all in a well. Just don't overlap on godly parents unless it's cool with the other player.

Can I make up my godly parents?

What, there aren't enough real world gods from across the entire globe for you to choose from?

Hey, wait a sec. What's the deal with Elder Gods vs. godly parents?

Godly parents are the god or gods who conceived you, either together or by a mortal lover.

The Elder Gods are a select number of this world's most ancient deities. They make all of the important decisions and protect gods and mortals alike from threat of harm. Your character is not the child of an Elder God.

Where exactly does this take place?

New England. Specifically an island off the coast of Massachusetts. But your character can be from just about anywhere.

So is this a silly thing? This can't possibly be serious?

It is dead serious.

Isn't this basically Percy Jackson?

Hahaha no get out. :| *Points at the door*

Are there any powers that are off-limits? How powerful can I be?

You can have any kind of powers that you want. I don't care how ridiculous or overpowered it might be or even how many you have. Time travel, literal kisses of death or other insta-kills, love spells, and mind control are all on the table. (Just remember that you're a teenage demi god and you have AWFUL control over your powers! Yes, ALL of you.)

So why didn't you accept my character?

I'm a dick.

So-and-so used their powers on me and my character is dead/doing something I don't like/etc.!

If that's not okay by you, this roleplay isn't going to be your cup of tea. When you apply, you are giving consent for what other roleplays might consider "godmodding". This should be sort of obvious, given that everyone has literal godly powers. HOWEVER, I do expect everyone to be considerate and use common sense when using your powers. Anyone being abusive will not even get the courtesy of being booted from the game; I will just godmod you right back up to and including perma-death, and you'll wish the perma-death came first. Remember that it doesn't take long to ask another player for permission, you guys.

What are the posting expectations?

Try to post at least once a week. Operative word there is try. I'd like everyone to keep in mind that I have health issues and am old and cranky and slow at posting. As long as we're hitting once a month, you're in the safe zone. Conversely, please do not go on posting sprees where you and a friend post back and forth 10-20 times in one day. (Unless that scene is only affecting your own characters, of course.) It's not fair to those of us with limited availability or less energy than you.

There is no specific standard for post length, but please avoid posting awkward one-liners or novel-length fluff. Remember, CONTENT for others to respond to is the priority.

How many people are you accepting to this roleplay?

Well two spots are reserved for @Divinatas and @Grumpy. Beyond that and unless they refuse, four more max. I also play favorites and this is a semi-private game where I can and will just straight-up reject people. You're prolly not getting in if I didn't invite you, bruh.

And finally, remember to respect other players, the setting, and everyone's developing plots. That means creating a character and subplots that suit this setting. Highjacking characters or scenes and derailing the plot will have in-game consequences. And if you're a jackass OUT OF CHARACTER, you'll just get kicked out and your character murderized.

Finally, let's fill out a basic character sheet. I know, I know, but I kept it short.

Name: (Please avoid names of actual deities. I will spank you.)
Age/Grade: (Remember, ages 13-18 and grades 7-12. Amphisbaena follows the American school system.)
Demigod of: (Pick one or two aspects which your character embodies, e.g. how Aries is the god of War or Ra is the god of the Sun.)
Powers: (Please list all of your powers. No adding new ones after the game starts. Your character doesn't have to know about them at the start of the game, but you need to let me know they're there.)
Appearance: (Picture, text, both. IDGAF.)
Personality: (Give a brief impression of who your character is as a person.)
Background: (How did your character grow up? Who are their parents?)

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Pahn and Jays
ANNOUNCEMENTS

• FIRST ITEM
  • SECOND ITEM
  • THIRD ITEM

Hero Name: Doc Shock
Powers:

Technomancy – With the use of his specially-designed super-computer prosthetic hand, he can hack into computer systems, affect electromagnetic fields, and remotely operate electronic devices. His hand also contains an electroshock weapon that fires from the palm. The hand operates off of a mix of voice commands, touch point actions, and key gestures, giving the appearance of sorcery.

Robot Helpers – With his extensive knowledge of robotics and engineering, the Doc often builds and utilizes small robots to carry out specific tasks.

Alter Ego: Mason Arkwright, Ph.D.
Birthplace: A military base overseas.
Occupation: Graduate researcher and professor at Ouranopolist University.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Hero Appearance:
Civilian Appearance:

Strengths:
Physically fit, unafraid to fight dirty, good-looking and knows it, an insanely high alcohol tolerance.
Weaknesses: Unwilling to actually take a life, and he doesn't believe in hitting women. His prosthetics don't damage easily, but once they're taken out of commission he loses all of his powers. Still suffers phantom pains in his legs.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:
Talents:
Strategic thinking, intuition, being able to MacGyver insanely sophisticated devices and fix just about anything mechanical, snappy one-liners, always being right. Oh, and he's a hell of a pilot.
Inabilities & Fears: Letting people get too close, letting go of an argument or grudge, having nothing to do.
Personality: Way too smart for his own good, Mason is nearly allergic to authority and has an ego the size of a small satellite. Fortunately for him, he's also adept at figuring people out, and even more fortunately, at staying six steps ahead.

He may always have some sort of angle, but ultimately, he's got a very strong set of principles and he can't go against them even when he thinks he wants to… at least not for long. He's extremely passionate about his beliefs, and once provoked to speak his mind he can be downright inspirational.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

General History:
Mason was a military brat. Moving from base to base and town to town with his dad's transfers, he didn't get much time for making friends or having a normal social life. Instead, he tinkered with household appliances and threw himself into his studies… and boy did he study. The only reason Mason wasn't out the door with a diploma in hand at sixteen was the constant relocating. His father pressured him to go into the Air Force; that lasted about as long as it took Mason to get a full scholarship to the engineering school of his choice. Not a minute too soon, either, and he probably would never have made it but for his father's good name. (You don't even want to know the kind of trouble he got out of.) In the end, what he had to show for the experience was a (barely) unblemished record of military service, a pilot's license, and an annoying habit of working out that he could never quite kick.

He stayed on at Ouranopolist University through his graduate studies, stunning the robotics department with his aptitude and winning several awards for his breakthrough research in neurorobotics and bioengineering. Unfortunately he was also impossible to work with, so he was basically given his own corner and free reign. It just may have gone to his head.

Mason was 32 when he had a fateful accident, crashing his jetbike and suffering crippling injuries to both legs as well as his right hand. Even with physical therapy, the doctors told him that he would never walk again without assistance, and ultimately he opted to amputate his hand and legs. The robotic limbs he was given as replacements were crude and had limited mobility, and it seemed that Mason would have to retire from engineering to teach.

Six months later, he put the finishing touches on his own robotic prosthetics. The hand and legs he designed were extremely durable, marvelously articulated, and integrated flawlessly into his nervous system. Not only did they benefit him personally, but the designs he crafted could be used to make advances for future prosthetics patients. The only problem was that Mason was exceeding his grant… a grant already in jeopardy due to his accident, his period of recuperation, and the department's belief that he would be unable to return to work in any active capacity. Mason was broken, broke, and close to being sacked even as his work was nominated for yet another prize.

Bitter and jaded by the system, Mason found a way out that was somewhat less than noble; he deposed, threatened, and manipulated the board members who would have revoked his grant. Each of the people he targeted had skeletons in their closet, and Mason had the smarts and the resourcefulness to ferret them out. Most of this he managed to do without ever revealing his own identity. And it felt damn good, taking down the people who only cared about their own pockets while they cheated on their wives or embezzled funds. Before long, Mason was making improvements upon his prosthetic hand, and he began "liberating" funds and terrorizing other people and corporations that weren't "using their money for anything important" in the guise of the supervillain who would become known as Doc Shock.

In spite of all of his self-righteous indignation and vindictive rage, however, Mason soon found that he couldn't follow through with his villainous pursuits. Funds stolen were inevitably used to pay for damages to property. He avoided physical conflicts despite being perfectly capable of combat, and no one could ever claim lasting injury after a run-in with the Doc. If a target proved to be a good Samaritan, his attention shifted elsewhere, and as time went on he became increasingly less harsh with his standards. Finally it came down to a fateful confrontation with one of the city's A-List heroes… where Mason was entirely duped by his hostage, a woman he thought to be an innocent bystander and who in fact turned out to be an A-List villain, using him to get at the hero herself. Angry and finally fed up with the life he'd been leading, Mason took both A-Listers by surprise when he helped the hero take down the villainess instead.

He still has a bit of a problem with pretty redheads.

Present Life: Now that he's cleaned up his act and quit the villain business, Mason's mostly returned to terrorizing the robotics department at Ouranopolist U in more mundane ways. His research and patents earn him a legitimate living, and he's slowly been paying back (some) of the people he's stolen from. Every now and then he gets roped into helping out the hero he teamed up with on the eve of his redemption; the man seems to think of Mason as a pet project, and somehow or another Mason always ends up going along with whatever he's asked to do. He's not got the best rep in the super community, given his brief stint at villainy. His social graces don't help his case much.

THE A LIST HERO

Name:
Sergeant Storm (Sgt. Danny Weathers)

Known Powers:

Exploitable Weakness:

General Personality:

History with B-list Hero:

MONDENKIND PROTOTYPE:

Name:
Mason Arkwright

Major Skill: Advanced Robotics
Minor Skill: Pilot
Former Job: Grad student researcher at Carnegie Mellon.

What made them interested in joining the Collective? Mason didn't have much choice. It was only a matter of time before they recruited a man whose skills in mechanical engineering were starting to make 2034 seem a lot closer at hand.

Personality: Way too smart for his own good, Mason is nearly allergic to authority and has an ego the size of a small satellite. Fortunately for him, he's also adept at figuring people out, and even more fortunately, at staying six steps ahead.
Brief History: Mason was a military brat. Moving from base to base and town to town with his dad's transfers, he didn't get much time for making friends or having a normal social life. Instead, he tinkered with household appliances and threw himself into his studies… and boy did he study. The only reason Mason wasn't out the door with a diploma in hand at sixteen was the constant relocating. His father pressured him to go into the Air Force; that lasted about as long as it took Mason to get a full scholarship to the engineering school of his choice. Not a minute too soon, either, and he probably would never have made it but for his father's good name. (You don't even want to know the kind of trouble he got out of.) In the end, what he had to show for the experience was a (barely) unblemished record of military service, a pilot's license, and an annoying habit of working out that he could never quite kick.

He stayed on at Carnegie Mellon through his graduate studies, stunning the robotics department with his aptitude and winning several awards for his breakthrough research. Unfortunately he was also impossible to work with, so he was basically given his own corner and free reign. It just may have gone to his head.

• The year is 2065. The climate is frosty, in more than one sense.

Since the Collision, the planet has cooled considerably. The skies are perpetually clouded with debris. Seasons are marked by whether the storms are formed of dust or ice. Tensions mount as resources scarcen.

While agriculture has become stunted, military-funded research has thrived. Advances in genetic engineering have led to the discovery of untapped potential in the human genome...

Psychic phenomenon.

These signs were first observed in a group of subjects cultivated in-lab via in-vitro fertilization. All subjects presented identical birth defects: an extended and prehensile spinal cord, as well as irregularly high-placed ears atop the cranium, both with associated hypertrichosis. These subjects at first yielded average results in terms of physical and mental aptitude testing, aside from heightened senses and a predisposition for improved understanding of spatial relations. However, abnormalities soon began to manifest. Telekinesis, bilocation, precognition... among others.

Roughly 20% showed signs of hypersexuality and mood disorders occurring at the onset of puberty. A fertility program yielded further data: The genes leading to psychic abilities and the linked birth defects expressed dominantly in 1 out of 10 cases.

These lab-grown experiments have been touted as humanity's best hope for surviving this changing world. These Homo felis--or Katzen, as they've come to be called--have been housed in government-run facilities known as Katzenlagers. As of 2060, the new generation of Katzen are enrolled in an institution founded to provide education and instruction to safely hone their volatile psychic abilities.

Welcome to Schrodinger's Institute.

Schrödinger takes place on a near-futuristic Earth that is experiencing both an "Ice Age" and a Cold War. You will play as members of the second generation of Katzen, a genetically engineered sub-race of humans with psychic powers and feline traits. Your character's parents were part of the original lab experiments that first yielded Katzen genes, and your character is likely (though not necessarily) a product of the subsequent fertility program. It is likely your character does not even know their parents.

These Katzen are students living in a facility known as Schrödinger's Institute, which functions as both boarding school and group home. Prior to being enrolled, they lived in government housing where they were subject to regular medical examinations, some mild testing, and little to no formal education.

This will be the first year your character has arrived at the Institute.
  • The grounds of Schrödinger's are expansive, surrounded on all sides by high walls of concrete and steel with entrances to the northeast and south. The northeastern gate is the main entrance, and is used by all incoming students and faculty. The southern entrance is used by maintenance and delivery services only. A frozen river runs along the east side of the complex.

SECURITY

A guardhouse is nestled against the exterior wall of the complex next to the main entrance, and several security checkpoints stand just inside. All Katzen arriving to the Institute must go through these security checkpoints upon their arrival. This is where electronic student ID cards--used to open all doors on the grounds--are issued. Lost ID cards must be reported immediately. These facilities are not otherwise open to students, and Institute security is both armed and given full authority over student discipline in the case of trespassing into restricted areas. The guards patrol the outer walls as well as restricted areas and after curfew.

FACULTY RESIDENTIAL, MEAL HALL, AND LIBRARY

The northern end of the grounds is made up of faculty housing. Professors, medical personnel, security, and other staff reside in separate faculty dorms per their professional field. There is an additional separate dorm for those members of the faculty who are Katzen. These buildings are not accessible by students, but may be visited with special permission. A non-denominational church can also be found here and remains open at all hours, though no formal services are held.

The Meal Hall can be found in the near-center of the complex. Food is served three times a day; the kitchen may also be accessed by those savvy enough to prepare meals themselves. Students and faculty eat meals together in the main hall, but sit at separate tables.

The Library is across the street and is always open.

In the very center of the complex, there stands a domed building that does not appear to be in use.

MAIN BUILDING AND DORMS

The main school building stands to the east, located across the main road from the Meal Hall, Library, and faculty housing. All classes are held within the main building, and it is the site of the main office.

Dorms are found in two outlying buildings: one building immediately outside (the girls' dormitory), and a currently unused building down the path and near the medical facilities. There is also a dorm in the east wing of the main building that traditionally serves as housing for all first year students at Schrödinger's; at present, however, it is being used as the boys' dormitory following a fire one month ago that badly burned the other dorm building. First year students for this term have been divided up by gender, and rooming arrangements have been switched around for more than one student. The boys' and girls' dormitories are only accessible to students bearing an ID card of the correct gender. (Theoretically, the old boys' dormitory would still be keyed to male student ID cards as well, although it stands in disrepair and has been termed a restricted area.)

A large, somewhat ornate building is visible across the river from the dorms and near the east wall.

MEDICAL FACILITIES AND LABS

The medical facilities can be found to the south end of the complex, just past the condemned boys' dormitory. The labs here are very similar to the ones in every government-owned Katzenlager, and so many students have no trouble finding their way around. Students report to the labs periodically for testing, but the labs are not normally accessible otherwise. The infirmary, however, is open and staffed at all hours in case of medical emergency.

GATES

The main school building, dorms, and medical complex are located behind three main gates accessed by way of the main road. These gates shut down after curfew and will not open again until morning. The grounds within this gated area are considered to be acceptable to wander after curfew, but students may still be stopped and questioned as to their purpose if caught by a security patrol.

There is another gate to the south leading to the southern entrance of the complex. This gate remains closed except to maintenance and delivery services or security personnel.

LAB OFFICES, STORAGE, AND UNUSED BUILDINGS

Beyond the Library and across the main road from the medical facilities lies an area comprised of office buildings, warehouses, and other unused facilities. This entire zone is off-limits to students, and the punishment for trespassing is severe.

GREENHOUSES AND OPEN GROUNDS

The western wall of the complex is edged by open grounds, and these clear spaces are sometimes used for classes or for recreation. A greenhouse facility takes up a large section of the grounds. The greenhouses are tempered by an artificial environment that allows plants to grow with some success, and it is here that a large portion of the Institute's food source is grown.
  • 1. Curfew begins at 20:00, at which point the gates automatically lock and close off the main building, dorms, and medical facilities from the rest of the grounds. Students wandering after curfew may still be stopped by security patrols for questioning.

2. The office and storage district is a restricted area. Trespassing will be penalized severely.

3. Students found in possession of an I.D. card that is not their own--or using their I.D. card to give dorm access to students of the opposite gender--will be punished.

4. Psychic abilities are not to be used during school hours or on faculty members except at a professor's instruction.

5. Abuse of psychic abilities during free time may be punished at the faculty's discretion.

A breach of rules may earn a student varying punishments. The most common are a working detention, where the student is assigned to clean an area of the school (given for minor transgressions), or a trip to the Quiet Room (used for severe misconduct).
  • Q: What sort of psychic powers do Katzen have?

A:
    Anything you can think of, basically, but you're limited to just one. Here are some examples:

Q: What do I need to know about the political climate?

A:
    Very little, at present. Your characters are going to know about as much about politics in the world of Schrödinger as you do. What you do need to know is that Schrödinger's is located in the United Kingdom, that its students show a range of nationalities, and that American is not one of them.

Q: What kind of school is this, exactly?

A:
    The curriculum is a mix of what we'd think of as standard education (math, science, history) augmented by classes intended to hone psychic abilities. Some of the latter are taught by Katzen instructors, but the majority of teachers and Schrödinger staff are human. Classes are grouped by aptitudes and test scores rather than by years of attendance, but first year students always share the same initial courses for the first semester. Since the Institute's establishment, ten or more new students have been enrolled each year, apparently with no regards as to age other than only being drawn from the second generation of Katzen.

Q: How old can my character be?

A:
    Anywhere under 25, which is coincidentally both the current full legal age of majority and the oldest possible age for a second-gen Katzen. The Institute has only been established for the last five years, and Katzen are still a small population, so things like traditional grade levels aren't important. What's important is that they are "school age".

Keep in mind when creating characters that this game is rated R for violence and potential sexual situations.

Q: So does that mean smut is okay?

A:
    I've chosen to put this game in Redstar to avoid any issues, but I strongly encourage you to focus on plot rather than porn. Explicit scenes will be allowed but don't just run off and fuck and ignore what's happening. >:[

Q: What tone should I be expecting from this game?

A:
    This is a dystopian sci-fi and psychological horror game.

Q: You mentioned ID cards corresponding with gender being an issue. What if my character is nonbinary? Or just transfem/transmasc?

A:
    You may play any gender identity you wish, but the world of Schrödinger is not a nice one for trans characters. Your character will only be recognized by the school as their assigned gender at birth and there will be transphobic themes because of that. I would urge you not to play trans/nonbinary characters if you are sensitive to these themes because I don't want to actually traumatize anyone. D:

Please remember that this RP does not reflect my actual opinions; this is just a story where it wouldn't make sense for the setting if the school was accepting.

Q: What are the posting expectations?

A:
    I'd like to aim for at least one post a week, but try to pace yourself along with the rest of the players as best you can. (That goes for posting at a SLOWER rate if necessary, too. SOME OF US ARE OLD.)

Q: Anything else I should know?

A:
    I'll be adding more information here about the setting as necessary. If you have a burning question about something important that you just know I'm not going to cover, go ahead and ask now! I don't bite much.

Q: Can I join?

A:
    This game is invite-only at this time.

Last edited:

Welcome to Port MIRROR

Visit Port Mirror, Washington

pexels-pattama-choomsree-111755.jpg

"Where the Olympics Meet the Sea!"

Be sure to check out our local hotspots:

• Ruby Beach
  • Port Mirror Ferry
  • The Great Northern Hotel
  • Salmon Chase College
  • Landvik Logging
  • St. Brendan's Church
  • Puget Plaza Mall & Movie Theater
  • The Boogie Bar

There's a rumor that the Boogie Bar is haunted. The owner is a real weirdo.

Something's off with the crowd of out-of-towners staying up at the Great Northern. They say they're here for something called a Convergence.

People have been seeing something in the woods around the logging camp. Probably not safe to go out after dark...

St. Brendan's has a new priest. What happened to the old monsignor?

The mayor's pretty cheesed about all the vandalism lately. Those bikers have been hanging around again.

Crazy in the Night (Barking at Airplanes) — Kim Carnes
Running Up That Hill — Kate Bush
Shadows of the Night — Pat Benatar
Heat of the Moment — Asia
Nocturnal Me — Echo & the Bunnymen

Glampires and Self-Awarewolves: Welcome to Port Mirror is where Pacific Northwest Gothic meets '80s cheese. Inspired by classics such as The Lost Boys, The Witches of Eastwick, Twin Peaks, every John Hughes movie, and a dash of Stranger Things, we're basically just here to fuck around and be bitchin'.

This roleplay is currently invite-only. If you're here, you know that I give zero fucks about your post length and I'm not timing you on posting. Let's have fun!

THE SCENE?

A fictional town in northwest Washington called Port Mirror, circa 1987.

THE PLOT?

I'mma be real, I'm making this shit up as I go, but I have a few basic starting points in mind.

THE CHARACTERS?

You can play either a normal human or pretty much anything that's a staple of supernatural and urban fantasy stories. If you're going real wild, run it by me first. Your character is either a resident of Port Mirror or visiting. It's up to you to decide how familiar you are with the town.

You don't have to fill out a character sheet, but here's the sheet if you do.

Name:
80s Movie Archetype:
(This is just for fun, don't think too hard.)
Supernatural Flavor: (What are you)
Appearance: (Picture, text, both. IDGAF.)
Personality: (Give a brief impression of who your character is as a person.)
Background: (What's your character's life been like until now? What are their ties to Port Mirror?)
Currently: (What's their current situation? What do they do?)

Last edited:

Name: Virgil Angelucci
80s Movie Archetype: The Weird Recluse
Supernatural Flavor: Human

Appearance: He'd be incredibly attractive if he just combed his hair, took a shower, and put on a clean shirt.

Personality: Short-tempered, blunt, incredibly tone deaf to social cues. Single-minded.

Background: Virgil grew up in Port Mirror and was an altar boy at St. Brendan's but was never a particularly popular kid among peers or his adults, always seen as a bit of an oddball. In middle school he discovered ancient astronaut theory, which led to a waning belief in religion and a waxing interest in the paranormal, particularly UFOs.

Currently: Virgil is the best freelance photographer in town--at least as far as photography is concerned. He regularly takes pictures for the Daily Mirror and for the local National Park Service along with other odd jobs. He lives in his older sister's basement and she's less than thrilled with their arrangement, as Virgil tends to barely make his rent and has shown no inclination of moving out anytime soon.

NPCs

Last edited:
TRISKELE

Genre: Slice of Horror/Dark AND Light Academia/Witchy Fantasy
Setting: Modern Lite™
Invitation Only

YOU have just arrived at Triskele Seminary. Maybe you are new here; maybe you're returning for the fall semester.

YOU are expected to attend the Welcoming Rite at the Elder Grove tonight, the night of Samhain.

YOU are one of the individuals who woke this morning with a strange mark on the wrist of your dominant hand. It looks like a seven-pointed star...

YOU have no idea why nobody else can see it. Except for maybe that girl you bumped into in the library, or your new dormmate, or the teacher who's suddenly giving you weird looks across the classroom when you haven't even missed any homework yet.

Triskele Seminary is a women's college that sits on the border of the realms. Although founded as a women's-only institution, they accept and recognize all gender identities; the college admits trans women and nonbinary students, and does not exclude trans men who wish to attend or who transition after admission.

The college accepts young witches, vampires, lycanthropes, fairies, merfolk, and familiars.

WITCHES

Witches are born with an innate connection to the mystic realm. Some are born to mortals, while others come from a long line of witches. With training, amplification, or contracts with the Greater Spirits, they can become powerful mediums for mystic forces.

VAMPIRES

Vampires are blood-drinking immortals with an affinity for illusion, psychic powers, and--rarely--shapeshifting. They cannot abide sunlight due to a curse by a Greater Spirit. The college offers night classes and blackout curtains to accommodate vampire students.

LYCANTHROPES

Lycanthropes, also known as werewolves, are born shapeshifters and possess great physical strength. They grow stronger as the moon waxes, but also more influenced by their emotions. Despite their mystical origins, lycanthropes are mortal.

FAIRIES

Fairies are immortals from the mystic realm. It is traditional for young fairies to spend their coming of age in the mortal realm, and often fairies are swapped for mortal babies in their infancy. These changelings grow up without knowledge of their otherworldly origin or how to control their strong, often unpredictable magic.

MERFOLK

Merfolk are water-dwelling immortals with the gifts of glamour and allure. They rarely leave their homes to mingle with the outside world. However, the college accommodates those who wish to attend with charms that allow them to walk on two legs as well as pools in which to spend time in their own scales.

FAMILIARS

Familiars are lesser spirits who wish to enter service to a witch in exchange for protection, wishes granted, enhanced access to mystic forces, or other goals met. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and abilities. Would-be familiars are permitted attendance to the college even if they have not yet found a witch to take them on. Soliciting other students for a contract is frowned upon.

Mortals who do not possess mystical talent are not permitted to attend Triskele.

There are six dormitories at Triskele. There is no particular set of requirements for residence in any given dormitory, though all but one offer sponsored boarding in exchange for meeting certain conditions.

THE VIOLET COTTAGE

The Violet Cottage is the smallest dormitory and can be found on the far side of Triskele's grounds, at the bottom of the West Garden. Boarding is provided free for those who choose to work as groundskeepers or gardeners.

vibes: cottagecore treehouse cottage with flowers fucking everywhere

THE DAHLIA DORMITORY

The Dahlia Dormitory resides on the third floor of the main building. Only staff and residents of the dormitory are allowed entrance. Boarding is provided free for those who choose to work as library assistants or tutors.

vibes: spooky gothic mystery attic forbidden wing

THE ROSE TOWER

The Rose Tower is at the heart of the main building, accessible only from the second floor. Boarding is provided free for those who choose to work as peer counselors, events committee members, or honor council members.

vibes: stained glass and fancy as fuck

THE CHRYSANTHEMUM HOUSE

The Chrysanthemum House sits just behind the main building. Boarding is provided free for those who choose to work as kitchen, housekeeping, and laundry staff.

vibes: teahouse that smells amazing, shaped like an actual teapot

THE LAVENDER WING

The Lavender Wing forms the west wing of the main building. Boarding is provided free only to qualified members of athletic clubs.

vibes: little to no decoration other than plaid and always smells like sweat

THE CALLA WING

The Calla Wing comprises the Lavender Wing's counterpart to the east. Unlike the other dorms, the Calla Wing does not offer sponsored boarding.

vibes: paintings and art pieces everywhere like it's some kind of gallery, neutral tones and rounded shapes, expensive and "modern"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: CarnelianUndead