Assassin's Doubt

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Hayden grabbed his backpack and went into the bathroom. He spent several minutes changing and cleaning his arms and neck and then he walked out in a smilies pair of jeans and a sleeveless shirt. He didn't put his other hoodie on. Going back to the couch, he curiously looked over what Thomas was typing. "Puppy supply list?" He asked curiously.

Thomas glances up and smiles. "Yeah. I figure tomorrow after breakfast, we get all the supplies and set up the apartment. Then we can have lunch, and then we can go and get a dog. Sound like a plan?" he asks. He pats the couch beside him to invite Hayden to sit down. "And I was thinking tonight, since it's so late and all, maybe you could just crash here. You can take the bed if you want. I usually end up on the couch anyway." If there's anything Thomas can do to make his new friend feel more at ease, he'll do it.

Hayden nodded. "Sounds like a plan... thanks Thomas." He smiled a little. Stretching, he leaned back. "The couch will be good." He said quietly, still smiling a little. "What kind of dog were you thinking of? You said a guard dog, but there's plenty of breeds for that.." he looked over curiously.

"Depends what the shelter's got. Personally, I think maybe a pitbull or a Dalmatian or a golden retriever would be good. Maybe a mutt. We'll see," Thomas says, turning off the main lights to leave the soft glow of the lamp on. He yawns and rubs his eyes. "Anyway, we can figure that out tomorrow. Need anything else before I head to bed?"

Hayden crossed his arms loosely. "No... I think I'm good. Thank." He smiled a little before he looked out the window. He felt more at ease than he figured he should... but he wasn't going to change his mood. He liked this feeling.

Thomas smiles and ruffles Hayden's hair instinctually. "All right, then. Have a good night. Wake me up if you need anything." With that, he heads into his own room, leaving the door open so he can hear if anything goes wrong. Then he flops over on the bed, smashing his face against the pillow as he quickly falls asleep.

Hayden nodded and yawned, settling down on the couch. He closed his eyes, but it took him a little while to actually fall asleep. Once he was asleep, he relaxed, looking peaceful and calm. He was a little cold, but it didn't bother him in the least bit.

After a quiet breakfast the next morning and a trip to the pet store for supplies, Thomas runs around the apartment, cleaning as best he can and laying supplies around. "What do you think? Should we leave the dog bed like this or this?" he asks. He sets the bed carefully in a corner of the room. Then he turns the bed slightly, making barely any difference.

• Love
Reactions: Kitten_
Hayden woke up almost as soon as Thomas walked into the room. He was happy to find supplies at the store and when it came to the dog bed, he shrugged. "I guess the second way would be easier." He said and shifted on his feet. He was excited, and though his expression might not show it, his eyes did.

"Perfect. I think that's everything, then," Thomas says with a nod. He grins and pats Hayden's shoulder. "Ready to go get our guard dog? We can probably just walk over. It's a short distance."

He leads the way out the door and down the street. Within ten minutes, the pair arrives at a pet shelter that looks like it was themed after a log cabin. Thomas opens the door, and a tiny bell jingles, prompting an old man with a beard to glance up and smile.

"Well, afternoon! What can I do you two for?" he asks in a warm, raspy voice.

Reactions: Kitten_
Hayden smiled a little and followed close behind Thomas. He stuck his hands in his pockets, grinning from ear to ear.
When they entered the cabin, he immediately could hear all the animals and he almost felt like a little kid as a wave of excitement rushed over him... yet he stayed silent, just smiling a little and shifting on his feet. His eyes shone with excitement to see the animals.

"Hi. We're here to pick out a guard dog," Thomas explains. "Preferably one who'll walk with us." He glances at Hayden, and his own smile grows when he sees how happy his friend is.

The man gets up from the counter and grabs a key ring. "All right, wonderful. Right this way, please." He opens the door to the dog room, filled with spacious cages, toys, and warm lights.

Most of the dogs jump up and bark, tails wagging. A few others are too young or sleepy to take notice of the group walking in. Still others are healing from wounds or illness and can't handle more than a tail wag.

"What do you think, Hayden? See any you like?" Thomas asks, glancing around with a relaxed posture.

Hayden's eyes flicked from dog to dog, his hands now resting on his hips as he looked over the dogs, smiling. His smile faded and his eyes wided a little as he spotted one down the room a little.
"Thomas look at that one.." he said softly as he walked over. It was a mutt, and as Hayden approached, it stood, excited. "It's still a little young, we could still train it too." He looked to Thomas.

(I'm thinking the puppy looks kind of like this: http://d1vmcse0jge0ha.cloudfront.ne...3/05092903/Dog_mutt-shutterstock_99026036.jpg )

The pup looks to be some kind of pitbull boxer mix. He has honey colored fur, a dark muzzle with a white snip, a white belly and paws, and warm amber eyes. He barks and tries to lick through the cage as the boys approach.

Thomas chuckles and grins. "That one, huh? He is a cutie."

"Want to take him out to play with him, see how he interacts?" the shelter owner asks, smiling and patting Hayden's shoulder.

(Yeah! That's adorable~)

Hayden put his hand on the bars so the puppy could lick his hand.
Upon hearing the chance to play with the dog, he looked up at the man with wide eyes and a grin. "Yes! Please!" He said excitedly, turning back to the pup. "Look at you.." he smiled.

With a warm smile, the shelter owner unlocks the pup's enclosure and stands back. The puppy yelps and bursts out of the cage, almost slamming into Thomas and Hayden as he rushes over to lick them. His tail is wagging too fast to see.

"What do you think, Hayden? Is this the one we should take home?" Thomas asks, grinning as he kneels down to ruffle the bouncy pup's ears. The puppy can barely sit still, wriggling and rolling from one boy to the other.

Hayden chuckled and pet the puppy happily, almost as excited as the pup was!
"I love him, I think he'll be great." Hayden said happily and held his hands out. "C'mon bud, lemme let you." He said as he chuckled.

The puppy barks and jumps into Hayden's arms, squirming and trying to lick the boy's face. His tail hasn't stopped wagging for even a moment.

"I'll take that as a yes. Where do we file paperwork?" Thomas asks the shelter owner.

A short time later, the shelter owner has given the pup all of his papers, along with a new collar. "Now, what are you two going to name him?" he asks.

Hayden held the puppy close, petting it and laughing softly. "Who's a good boy? You are, yes." He chuckled and continued to pet the puppy. He looked up as Thomas mentioned papers, willing to help.

Hayden gently snapped the collar on and continued to pet the pup. "A name..? I don't know..." he looked up at Thomas.

"Aww, come on. Names aren't that hard," Thomas says with a grin. "How about Thumper, since he's got that tail always going? Or maybe Midas because of his gold color. Or maybe . . ." He rattles off a list of names, including Beanbag, Cornelius, Spud, and Noodle. "What do you think? Any name ideas?"