Arena City (Main Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping his eyes low, Zyndir followed the men into the city. He wanted to at least make it into the city proper without another incident causing him to lose control of the limbs made of darkness. As he scurried across the ground, the limbs half dragging and half carrying him, he heard the heavens open up. He could feel the arrival of someone new behind him as the heavens opened. Something deep inside the boy resonated, screaming familiarity into his mind, which caused him to turn around.

He was not prepared for the creature he saw, yet it still seemed so familiar to him. Zyndir knew that he had never met the being but still could not shake the intense feeling of deja vu that flooded into his mind. Something inside him had indeed met the creature before, it was the only way to explain that feeling. Resisting the urge to stay, the boy turned back around and started moving toward the city again.

When they passed through the gates, Zyndir found himself confused and disoriented. Too much new information was seeping into his mind, from his eyes, ears, nose and tendrils. Forcing himself to focus, the boy began to attempt to categorize each piece of this new information, trying to learn that which could be ignored. It would take some time and during it, the boy would not move.

The arrival of the cosmic terror was greeted in a manner somewhat different from that of the others that had appeared within the Hub, and while the guards offered greeting, only one was able to muster the courage to approach nearer than twenty meters. None could have said why they were so hesitant, apart from the feeling of raw terror that twisted their gut, but it had to be something more than simply the creature's appearance. They had seen many monsters far larger and more grotesquely hideous, but it seemed as if this one was all but emanating sheer and utter horror. It took a genuine effort on the part of the approaching officer not to place his hand on his sidearm, or indeed draw and fire it. In the logical part of his mind, he knew that such an action would only make things worse ad likely get him killed, but the rest of him was primed for action and screaming to do anything at all besides walk closer to the new arrival. When he reached a two meter distance from Tichtinoc, he halted and raised his eyes to meet the giant's.

He inhaled deeply, then exhaled slowly, then spoke. "Welcome to Arena City. I'll need to ask you your name and what it is you want to gain by coming here." He managed to forget the rest of the required questionnaire, but those were the important bits and he was honestly immensely pleased with himself at also managing to avoid letting his voice quaver or squeal.

The moonlight kissed his glistening flesh, giving off a cold and majestic appearance. One would confuse Tichtinoc for a statue carved from diamond at a distance - until they drew near, then the legitimacy of his terror bore into their psyche. Such was true for the city guards - all but one; he was brave indeed. The dauntless man moved toward Tichtinoc cautiously but moved nevertheless. The gravel beneath his boots crunched and crunched, a mixture of debris and stone. The ears of Tichtinoc quivered, relating the sounds to the implosion of a skull. A gory sight indeed. His opal eyes followed the tiny guard, viewing him in the normal light spectrum, until he stopped just over six feet from Tichtinoc's magnificence. He looked down upon the guard with extreme prejudice.

The energies of the planet were astounding and Tichtinoc discerned outside the city was quite beautiful and teeming with life. He began tapping into the planet's energy, synergizing and befriending it with his own. The planet did not dispute his intrusion and he began to feel the link between the cosmos and planet connect, him being the fulcrum between the two. The fatigue of intergalactic travel began to decay from his physique, his eyes filled with life and his statuesque form moved a step forward placing him just a meter away. The action was not hostile, but it was swift and the guard may be surprised at the speed of such a large creature.

"Welcome to Arena City. I'll need to ask you your name and what it is you want to gain by coming here," said the guard.

Tichtinoc began to pick at the ambient cosmic energy the guard radiated. His appeared greater then the other guards, which excited the creature. The procedure was not aggressive and merely was used to yield information. If the guard had no psychic anchor or was able to harbor his energy, Tichtinoc would gain access to some select pieces of information. Perhaps an earlier event, questions forgotten or what the man was craving for dinner. He hoped to learn what the guard would ask next to dazzle him and the audience of guards.

The connection between the cosmos was so well established, Tichtinoc was able multi-task. He effectively discerned the language of the man and translated with a harsh accent.

"We are called Tichtinoc. We seek opponents worthy of our might. Audience with your ruler will be attained, and bodies will be piled high in tribute," boomed Tichtinoc.

His lipless mouth, filled with golden razors snapped viscously with his words. He awaited a response from the guard, or planned on responding before the guard could if he successfully attained information from his ambience.

Agony grew bored of slumber and disided that he was fealing particularly brave this evening. He knew that the man held powers beyond his own in this pathetic form but he didn't want to waste his day. He slowly crept forward to where the man from before this seemed to be concentrating, a lot. He wondered if the man would fall again if he spoke and chose to test his theory. "Hello..." It said, breaking the silence that once ruled the area.

I felt a blunt force hit my jaw, and my head followed suit by flinging back. I looked back up, only to see 3 more bullets going toward my head. The force of the bullets put me off balance, and I threw out a wild ball of fire in retaliation, though it could go anywhere. I caught myself, half blind and with a broken jaw, and the left side of my body limp. "This is going to be fun!" I mumbled out incoherently. I then let myself drop to the ground, feigning death, so that I may heal.

As the boy fell he slung a fireball at Aeon. Aeon once again raised his left arm and absorbed the thermal energy watching as the boy fell and mumbled something. "Persistant little bastard" Aeon said as he walked forward holstering his pistols. Aeon enhanced his strength using the thermal energy he had absorbed, and slammed his left foot down on the boy's left hand. He simultaneously drove his right knee into the boy's right wrist, and proceeded to choke the boy with both hands. If the motion wasn't stopped he would crush the boys throat easily, and not release until he was certain the boy was no longer breathing.

The moonlight kissed his glistening flesh, giving off a cold and majestic appearance. One would confuse Tichtinoc for a statue carved from diamond at a distance - until they drew near, then the legitimacy of his terror bore into their psyche. Such was true for the city guards - all but one; he was brave indeed. The dauntless man moved toward Tichtinoc cautiously but moved nevertheless. The gravel beneath his boots crunched and crunched, a mixture of debris and stone. The ears of Tichtinoc quivered, relating the sounds to the implosion of a skull. A gory sight indeed. His opal eyes followed the tiny guard, viewing him in the normal light spectrum, until he stopped just over six feet from Tichtinoc's magnificence. He looked down upon the guard with extreme prejudice.

The energies of the planet were astounding and Tichtinoc discerned outside the city was quite beautiful and teeming with life. He began tapping into the planet's energy, synergizing and befriending it with his own. The planet did not dispute his intrusion and he began to feel the link between the cosmos and planet connect, him being the fulcrum between the two. The fatigue of intergalactic travel began to decay from his physique, his eyes filled with life and his statuesque form moved a step forward placing him just a meter away. The action was not hostile, but it was swift and the guard may be surprised at the speed of such a large creature.

"Welcome to Arena City. I'll need to ask you your name and what it is you want to gain by coming here," said the guard.

Tichtinoc began to pick at the ambient cosmic energy the guard radiated. His appeared greater then the other guards, which excited the creature. The procedure was not aggressive and merely was used to yield information. If the guard had no psychic anchor or was able to harbor his energy, Tichtinoc would gain access to some select pieces of information. Perhaps an earlier event, questions forgotten or what the man was craving for dinner. He hoped to learn what the guard would ask next to dazzle him and the audience of guards.

The connection between the cosmos was so well established, Tichtinoc was able multi-task. He effectively discerned the language of the man and translated with a harsh accent.

"We are called Tichtinoc. We seek opponents worthy of our might. Audience with your ruler will be attained, and bodies will be piled high in tribute," boomed Tichtinoc.

His lipless mouth, filled with golden razors snapped viscously with his words. He awaited a response from the guard, or planned on responding before the guard could if he successfully attained information from his ambience.

"Well, I uh... I hope you find what you're looking for. If you'll just follow me." His mouth suddenly dry, the officer wet his lips as he turned his back on the figure and did his level best not to burst into a run. It took nearly every scrap of will he had, but he managed to maintain a steady pace the entire distance to the gate, while those guards around him kept a fair distance between themselves and the newcomer. When the creature finally left into the city proper, he nearly sagged in relief, releasing a breath he never realized he was holding. "That was... I've never been so terrified in my life. There's gotta be more to him than just the looks." None of the other guards responded, but every single one knew exactly what he was talking about.

As he attempted his futile act of taking my life, I decided I was bored with his games. I decided to end this, by turning myself into a super inferno, and blasting my fire energy out in a wide arc. I would also choose to make my exit at this point, because admittedly, even though he's done nothing to me, I've also done nothing to him, and it would be insane to continue this futile farce. At least, not until his shell is cracked.

As he engulfed himself and Aeon in a flaming inferno, and wave Aeon's armor turned to a black granite, and he began to absorb the energy emanating around them. Not allowing the boy up Aeon placed his right hand on the boy face still holding his throat. When he absorbed this rising thermal energy he transferred it into a blast from his palm, firing the boys own thermal energy into his face from Aeon's right palm. Aeon yelled as he used the boy's very own fire against him and incenerated the boy. He could hear his screams and feel his attempts at struggling as he was burned alive with his own fire. As the boy's head was turned to as and he finally stopped struggling Aeon stood and his armor returned to its base state.

As he stepped off the boy's charred corpse Aeon retrieved his dropped pistols. He holstered them then yelled out "I have defeated my first opponent, now where is my reward?". In all honesty he didn't expect a reply, but he had come to this tournament to gain new gear, and since this boy had nothing on him he was hoping he could get something out of this fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.