Anyone up for some Fire Emblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Ziguldo

Touso

The Touso Kingdom: a land ruled by the descendants of the religious devotees of the dark god, Loptyr. While not unlike most other nations, they carried a dark social stigma from the history of their land.

Long ago, the Church of Loptyr reigned powerful. The Touso Empire was heavily involved in the downfall of other powerful kingdoms by the sheer might of their dark magic, especially those in the prestigious Schwarze Rosen, an infamous brigade of the Empire. Nation after Nation was conquered at the hands of the kingdom. Child hunts grew ever prevalent during this time. The children would be stolen away from their parents and starved until they would turn against each other. It was purely survival of the fittest. However, their survival would be rewarded as they would join the elite of the new society.

Sigmund, ruler of the Chalphy Kingdom and the man later referred to as the Paladin King, would not stand for this.

He was a noble man in every sense of the word. Charismatic, intelligent, and most of all, powerful. He was blessed with the holy blood of the Baldur, a hero who wielded the legendary blade known as the Tyrfing. Slowly, but surely, this man rounded up support from all nations, including those the Empire had long since claimed as their own. Rebellions rose up, hundreds of thousands were killed and the Touso empire was slowly deteriorating into a shadow of its former self. The Paladin King stormed the Emperor Egir's castle and was ready to draw blood. To his surprise, the man prostrated himself, begging for his life to be spared. Sickened by the man's lack of honor, Sigmund did just that.

A treaty was signed and the Touso Empire's (now known simply as the Touso Kingdom) military might was almost completely removed. It would be a minor power, focused primarily on trade through by sea. The most controversial of all the changes was the religious intolerance forced upon the citizenry. Their faith was perceived as a threat to the other nations after all their wrongdoings and the abolishment of such an evil would only do the world good. To the shock of many, Egir agreed to this without a hitch. In fact, he went so far as to set up an arranged marriage with Sigmund's second child and first daughter, Filia, and his son, Ymir.

Religious rebellions were suppressed and the marriage went through without a hitch. From that moment on, Touso and Chalphy remained on good terms, with the other kingdoms being wary and somewhat outraged about the survival of their oppressors. In a way, they were right. Egir was doing all he could to keep their faith alive by passing down the holy blood of Loptyr himself. The book of Loptyr, the holy weapon of Touso, was confiscated from them following the signing of the treaty. Egir hoped to keep his bloodline alive so that one of his descendants could one day use it to become the vessel of the dark god.

Modern Touso

Recently, cultists were reported to have been spotted all throughout the land. Children of all nations were being stolen away. Any who could testify about the exact cause of these kidnappings was found dead with a foul bile emitting from their body. Suspicion was cast immediately on the Touso kingdom. Some kingdoms took the chance to finally attack the one's responsible for the oppression of their people, while others decided to stay natural. Given its severely weakened power, the Touso kingdom could barely afford to hold back the constant attacks.

The king's two children were forced to evacuate to Chalphy as a precaution. As expected the Touso had finally fallen once and for all, the Velthomer Kingdom conquering it. Chalphy was subject to a constant barrage of attacks as a result of their alliance with Touso. After years of struggle, Chalphy still stands against all opposition, though its power slowly drains by the day. The resources used by the war caused a great deal of disarray and a severe lack of guards protecting citizens, causing a large scale bandit outbreak to occur.

The now grown children of Touso vowed to help their distant cousins protect their land as a means of showing gratitude to Chalphy. With that...

The story begins.

Chalphy
Chalphy served as a home to many naturally talented swordsmen. It was founded long ago after the great Holy War where the 12 crusaders worked in unison to take down the dark dragon, Loptyr. Unfortunately, this made its people intolerant of the dark dragon's followers long before the days of Sigmund and Egir. In a way, Chalphy was somewhat responsible for the hatred that festered up in the religious followers.

For years, the citizens of Chalphy made their hatred of all things involving Loptyr very well known. Followers of Loptyr often had to do their ceremonies in secret and carefully move throughout the world as to avoid being detected. Were they to be caught, whether adult or child, they would be burned at the stake in front of all to see. This cruel treatment led to the church members praying for a safe haven where they could practice their religion in peace. The Touso Kingdom's founding was a response to this. In a sense, without Chalphy there would be no Touso period.

Religious intolerance aside, Chalphy's army has long since served to fight against the evils of the world. Or at least, whatever it considers evil. It stands as the strongest military power in the current era. This is primarily due to the amount of territories it annexed during the age of the Paladin King. Many of the nations that wholly accepted the reign of Loptyr were treated similarly to Touso. Much of each territory's power was stripped away and complete subservience was demanded of them. Most notably, this was the case with Verdane. Known as the "barbarian kingdom", Chalphy had few qualms with conquering it in a similar fashion to Touso. Consequently, despite Verdane's status, its relationship with Chalphy is strained at best. This is only perpetuated by the corrupt governors Chalphy unknowingly placed to rule in place of the royal family. Great unrest grows day by day. With Chalphy's war on Velthomer reducing the amount of soldiers there to keep the population in check, there are rumors of a rebellion soon to break out.

One of Chalphy's greater allies is the Isaach Kingdom. There has always been a long standing friendship between the two nations due to events far into the past. They were originally at war with one another when Chalphy itself was a dukedom serving the long forgotten Grannvale Kingdom. During this war, one of the house's members rescued the nation's kidnapped prince from the aforementioned Verdane, an act of kindness that was able to better heal the wounds caused by the great series of battles long after their peace treaty was signed. To this day, it is not uncommon to see those from Isaach walk around Chalphy as travelers. Their presence has also heavily influenced the sword technique of Chalphy. Most lightly armored infantry swordsmen rely on quick and precise blows to fell their enemies instead of power.

Chalphy is a kingdom feared by many. The thought of facing it in war strikes fear into the heart of many, making Velthomer's longevity in their war all the more surprising. In a way, Chalphy's reputation as unbeatable dwindles the longer it takes to destroy Velthomer's forces.

----------------------

With that out of the way, what's up everyone! This is an RP I originally planned to do on another site, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it, so I thought it'd be a good idea to see what the general reception on this site is before I officially start it. This is mainly based off of the Jugdral games but you won't have to played them to understand what's going on, especially because I've already changed quite a bit from the source material with the intro alone. I plan on adding more information as time goes on, but for now, I just want to know how many of you would be interested in this based on premise alone.

I have some more ideas for the plot than just bandit slaying, but we have to get there first.

Important Stuff

Reservable Roles

Lords: The lords of this RP will be a prince (me) and prince/princess (player controlled) of the Touso kingdom. They will be siblings, obviously, and you'll get access to some plot info that's yet to be revealed if you become the other royal. The one requirement I have is that your character be a mage. It'll make sense, trust me. Also, their distant cousin, the prince/princess of Chalphy, will be the other lord. He/She will have grown up together with the siblings so its important that we communicate well. Again, you will be allowed any class so long as you can wield a sword. After all, how else will they use Tyrfing? (1/3 taken)

Retainers: Servants who fled with the lords of Touso, can be any class. (0/4 reserved)

Trainees: I will allow one and only one trainee. Trainees are usually the units who take way too much investment to be viable and usually aren't worth the effort to use. Not this time. For a long time, your unit will be borderline useless in combat as battles are fought. However, at an appropriate time (likely after a great deal of struggle and character development), this character will promote into a Gold Knight, a unit easily capable of toppling foe after foe after foe on their own. (0/1)

Jagen (Oifey archetype): A veteran warrior under the service of Chalphy. Responsible for the training of new recruits and a monster in their own right. While they may struggle to keep up with some of the others later on, they are valuable assets from start to finish. (reserved)

Character Sheet

Name:
Personality: (optional if you can merge it with the biography section)
Appearance: (witten or anime image)
Class:
Skills:
Holy blood (only available to royals):
Biography: Two paragraphs at least.
Inventory:

Holy Blood and Marriage

Holy blood is one of the more distinguishing factors of the royal families other than their high status. Each type of holy blood grants its owner different sorts of boosted capabilities with things like endurance, strength, magic, resistance, and more. Not all holy blood is made equal, however.

Major holy blood is especially coveted as it usually shows up once per generation in the first child of another holy blooded warrior. Beyond being rare, major holy blood has yet another defining feature. It allows whoever has it to use the powerful holy weapon of their family. These weapons are unparalleled in might and their wielders are often seen as monsters of the battlefield. Few can stand in the way of one with a holy weapon, making it prudent to avoid them at all costs. Those with major holy blood can most easily be identified with a brand somewhere on their bodies.

However, there are more...taboo methods to gain multiple children with major holy blood in one generation. If two people with the same type of holy blood, minor or major, are to have children, all of their them will be born with the major holy blood of their families. For obvious reasons, this a controversial practice. However, it has not stopped a few power hungry rulers from using it to their advantage.

More on holy blood here: Holy Blood

Example CS

Name: Raymond "Ray" of Touso

Appearance:
5NYfGVU.jpg

Personality: Despite the Loptyr blood flowing through his veins, Ray has always carried himself with great pride and expects those around him to do the same. He was always precocious from an early age and studied his heart out to become a prince that his people could place their faith in. Obviously, he knows full well of everything Touso has done and the great power it once had. For as long as he could remember, he had made it his duty to restore the kingdom to its former glory and fix relations with the people the empire had wronged so long ago. One of his first steps towards reaching this goal was to learn the way of the sword. As the second born of the royal family, his chances of becoming king are slim. However, he was determined still to do everything in his power to rid the lands of its many problems. Bandits were one of them.

Ray is very passionate about his role as prince and does his best to be dignified in public. When he is around those close to him, however, he loosens up considerably. He allows his usually held tongue to speak freely and is more than happy to share a friendly insult with his friends here and there. Contrary to what his role may suggest about him, Ray is always welcome to speak to others of all social standings. From the highest of nobles to the lowest of peasants, Ray has no issue talking to his people. Of course, this has garnered him many mixed reactions. The commoners of Touso adored his behavior while the elites found him it strange that someone so high on the social hierarchy would stoop down so low. He wears his emotions on his sleeves and never hesitates to defend his behavior.

While he has the dedication and charisma to one day become a great leader, it is obvious that he still has a ways to go before he can become the person he strives to be. First of all, he is surprisingly self conscious for someone of his stature. As the second born child of the royal family, he lacks the same major holy blood that his cousin and older sibling have. There is always a nagging sensation in the back of his mind telling him that he will never be able to compare to them no matter how hard he works. He is a cut above most, but there is very little chance he could ever reach the level of strength as someone with holy blood. That makes each and every failure he experiences painful to swallow. One of Ray's biggest fears by far is death, less the death of himself, more the death of those close to him. As someone who has thoroughly studied tactics, it is clear that no war can be won without casualties. Knowing that his friends could be stripped away from him at any time causes him far more trouble than he lets on.

Skills: Charisma: Those in his presence generally feel more confident in themselves.

Holy blood: Minor Baldur blood, minor Loptyr blood.
Biography: (will be left blank until the position of the second lord of Touso is picked up)

Inventory: Light brand, heal staff.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jessica
I'd love in on this. Is the sibling of your character taken?

Nope! All roles are free so far. Though, you'd be better off making the sibling a mage because the holy weapon of Loptyr is a tome.

While reading the stuff I had a mage character in mind, so that would be perfect ^^

While reading the stuff I had a mage character in mind, so that would be perfect ^^
Cool! If we get this going, a lot of the plot will probably be focused on your princess because of her major holy blood. If you want, we can work on our biographies together once you finish filling out everything else. Since they're siblings, I figure they'll at least have some sort of impact on each others' lives, lol.

Cool! If we get this going, a lot of the plot will probably be focused on your princess because of her major holy blood. If you want, we can work on our biographies together once you finish filling out everything else. Since they're siblings, I figure they'll at least have some sort of impact on each others' lives, lol.
Awesome! Also, do you have a description in mind for the kingdom's style of wardrobe and what your character looks like? I prefer to draw my characters

Awesome! Also, do you have a description in mind for the kingdom's style of wardrobe and what your character looks like? I prefer to draw my characters
My character is pretty much the one in the example CS. Though I'll probably edit his personality a bit. And I never really thought about it honestly. I figure that the robes of a royal from Touso would be pretty dark and cover up a lot of skin. I like to think that my character got his armor after leaving to Chalphy, hence why it doesn't really fit the image of his kingdom. But yeah, you can just do whatever you think looks cool. Whether she decided to keep her old style of clothing or try something new after escaping to Chalphy is entirely up to you!

Hey I had a couple of questions... Firstly, can I use two characters? And secondly, Jessica what kinda mage were you gonna make? I wanted to make one and I was thinking I should check.

Hey I had a couple of questions... Firstly, can I use two characters? And secondly, Jessica what kinda mage were you gonna make? I wanted to make one and I was thinking I should check.

Going to be a Dark Mage c:

• Thank You
Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
I was gonna be one of those... Anima it is now!

Slightly interested just gotta finish reading some stuff

I'm a little wary because of the way my last Fire Emblem RP turned out, but am still interested. Mind if I reserve the cousin, or is it a first come/first serve kinda deal?

I'm a little wary because of the way my last Fire Emblem RP turned out, but am still interested. Mind if I reserve the cousin, or is it a first come/first serve kinda deal?
By all means, go right ahead! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, had tests all week

@Ziguldo - It's all good, I've been keeping myself occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.