Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like.

My favorite settings are fantasy combined with something else, multiverse, post-apoc, historical (mixed with something else), and futuristic. I'm not limited to those, but it's a good start.

My favorite genres include mystery, adventure, action, drama, tragedy (must be mixed with something else and kept balanced), romance (again must be mixed, and more.

I'm happy to include elements of slice-of-life and romance, but doing them on their own doesn't hold my interest indefinitely.
Hey! Everyone in here know about National Novel Writing Month? If not, it's 30 days in November where the goal is writing 50k words.

Well, it has a Camp session coming up in April-- very soon! It's like NaNoWriMo Lite-- you can pick your own goals, you can join a cabin with other people, and you and your cabin mates all try to reach personal writing goals while encouraging each other.

As for meeting the goals? It's all on an honor system. I failed last time I tried Camp NaNoWriMo because I was still burnt out from the previous November session. I hope to do a lot better this time!

You can click the above banner for more information.

Last edited:
I always do Camp and NaNo, it's too good to pass up. Great to get some momentum, and the resources and the community sort of spur you to do your best every time.

This year Camp is Doctor Who retellings and fanfiction. Sort of cheated and started writing a while ago, but eh, starting from scratch on April 1st.

Is it requiring 50k words or are the goals whatever you personally set? I'm a bit confused but very interested!

Is it requiring 50k words or are the goals whatever you personally set? I'm a bit confused but very interested!
You set your own word count and choose what you want to write. Camp is a lot more relaxed than NaNo, so you can pretty much do as you please, aside from a few of the usual rules.

This has always confused me, this talk of NaNoWriMo Camp.

Is there some literal cabin people go to, or is that just used metaphorically to represent a random group of online participants sorted together?

'Cuz I can't afford to go to a camp for a month, what with my job and school and stuff.

Does 50k words of shit posting count? :3

Oh, welp, finally found a FAQ.

I might try this out.

@Koschei
Nice. I'm cheating by writing up my outline, myself. I'm doing it based on a dream that also inspired a roleplay, and then two other RP inspirations of mine.

@ElBell
The camp version is more relaxed, and like Koschei said, you can pick your own goal. =)

@Holmishire
It's not a literal cabin, it's just used metaphorically, thankfully. It's just a fun way to say "summer version".
Sorry I didn't get back to you fast enough to explain. =) I'll gladly help with encouragement!

@Gwazi Magnum
I don't know! lol

Reactions: Holmishire
It... sounds interesting? But I'm confused even after reading everything. Did you just make this up or is it an actual thing? If it's an actual thing, what's the website for it?

@chainedfiction
It's an actual thing, run here. Sorry for the confusion. =) It's also linked in my sig.

Due to all the confusion, I linked it in the first post.

I've put my novel writing on the back burner for awhile in order to focus on school, but now is the perfect time to bring it front and center again.
I'm actually pretty excited!

I keep fighting with myself about doing it when April is the final month of school. Then again I want to do something light and fun for the month unlike my actual crazy novel for November.

I didn't know this was a thing... I'm not sure if I'll do it this year though, unfortunately. Maybe next year.

@Naberius
It is the best time! Let's write the heck out of our ideas. <3

@Britty
It won't hurt, and you can do a smaller goal than 50k if you don't want to stress too much over it. =D

@Lawkheart
There will be other months this year too. The official site says April and July, and then there's regular NaNoWriMo in November. =)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
@Lawkheart
There will be other months this year too. The official site says April and July, and then there's regular NaNoWriMo in November. =)
I saw, I might participate in July, but I won't know until the month gets closer.

I might do this. Being able to set my own word goal is really helpful, especially with school. I am not entirely sure what I would write yet, though.

@Lawkheart
If you do, I'll be cheering for you. =)

@Leyvan
I had a hard time with that, too-- I couldn't figure it out until just yesterday, actually.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
Status
Not open for further replies.