Any Alternative People on Iwaku?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Vio, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure if how large the gothic community is on iwaku, but I am quite curious! Who here besides me are goths or goths in the making? How about I go a bit broader! Is there any individuals here that follow an alternative lifestyle or fashion sense?​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not Goth, but depending on how vague you consider alternative I'd fall under it. :P

How vague?
    However vague you need to get for "Geeks who constantly wear logo'd/fan shirts whenever possible".
    Seriously, the only time I ever wear blank or 'proper' shirts is if it's required for work/placement, or all my geek shirts are in the laundry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I used to be into the punk style a lot more, with piercings, dyed hair, and clothes. I've still got the piercings, but these days it's mostly the attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The way I dress causes people to stare at me when I go out. :'D So I guess you can call it alternative fashion sense.

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 2
    • Go Home, You're Drunk Go Home, You're Drunk x 1
  5. Back in high school I was that 'emo/scene' girl. Every now and again I'll pull that off again, but for the most part I've moved into current fashion tends due to work/school related things.

6. Two wears in a row I was chased down at Conventions for pictures cause of a shirt (not a cosplay) I was wearing.

Specifically, it was this shirt.
    Spoiler

[​IMG]

I had people stare at me for what I was wearing before... And I wasn't wearing anything that odd. o_o
    Spoiler

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Bucket of Rainbows Bucket of Rainbows x 1
  7. When not at work I wear Miskatonic University (or other mythos-relevant) shirts, and can pronounce Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn . Other than that I'm your typical professional coder dragon.

• Love Love x 1
    • You Get a Cookie You Get a Cookie x 1
  8. Eh, I look around in my college and all I see are girls my age wearing makeup, expensive clothes, latest trends, while I sit back with a pair of capris, casual t shirt, and some flip flops; nothing exciting. xD

• Like Like x 1
  9. I once upon a time had no idea such 'things' existed, no offense to anyone but it caused me great curiosity when I first came into contact with this sort of 'lifestyle' if you would call it that. Ghothic is what I am talking about, a lady claiming to be Wiccan thought me a whole lot about it, what she did not tell me though is what inclines people to distinguish themselves from the rest in the way they do.

Just a question, if someone would educate me.

10. I definitely fall under the punk spectrum in the way my attitude and my dress is. I like dark colors mixed with bold and I have far too many piercings(three in upper left, four in upper right, 00g in both lower lobes of ears, brow, septum, and a center lower lip). My hair is currently bright, firetrucks red but I've had it so many colors it isn't funny.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. What's the question? o-o;

• Like Like x 1
  12. I want to, absolutely, but I work at a long term care hospital, which means I'm around a lot of older people, many of which have dementia and would be easily startled by tattoos, piercings, and unconventional clothing... I have a few pieces though that I wear outside of work when I'm feeling confident enough. D': Secretly I want a septum piercing. I also miss having blue hair. Oh my gosh, do I miss it.

Rokku Gyaru = my heart belongs here. ;_;

13. Last night I wore a hat with floppy bunny ears and that earned me quite a few looks.

Which is weird, because wearing hats with ears is not out-of-the-norm for me, and I don't normally receive such a strong reaction. I guess it's only the floppy ears that people care about...?

This probably wasn't what you were asking for but it came to mind so meh.

Also, echoing what Gwazi said, I pretty much only ever wear graphic tees.

14. I get quite a few people who think I'm a zookeeper/archeologist/and such just because of the way I dress. Because my work clothes are also my not-work clothes... matching kaki pants and shirt, bucket hat (either green, ivory or kaki)... seems to make people curious about my "profession". Surprises them when I tell them I'm a supermarket cashier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.