(ANSWERED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brøken_Serenity

Original poster
Thank you all for answering

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really collab on roleplays that often, I never really liked the idea of planning something out instead of going with the flow. But on different sites people use the term differently. Like when i went from RoleplayGateway (died) to RPNation (Hated it) to Iwaku (My kami-site) collab has meant different things. Like on RG it was just, talking briefly about what happened between characters and maybe planning a backstory between them and on RPNation someone approached me about a collab and she had me type out my entire reply and then edit some of her lines in there then she put a few of my lines in hers then we posted like that then on another, the name escapes me, rp site I was asked for a collab and then I, once again, typed out my entire reply and then the person edited it based on something they wanted to cut in and do in the middle of my post (Like my character speaks and she cut him off).

So what is the general definition of 'Collab' here on Iwaku?
I don't think you will find a unified meaning. Collab is short for a collaborative effort. It means working together to create something. Most often it means creating a post together, but it can refer to making anything together. People make things together differently depending on what they are making and what they find comfortable. If someone asks for a Collab, it is good to follow up with how they want to work with you.

Reactions: Ochalla
Here on Iwaku (in what I've encountered as a member, at least), a collaboration is just discussing plot plans and directions before things start to progress in that way. For example, you may ask about your character running away from the other in a post before you actually make the post about it happening. Others may be different though, since as Luna said there isn't a strict definition of what collaboration is here or anywhere. My suggestion is that if you have a preference on what you personally think of collaboration, you mention it to partners or groups before getting into things to keep any conflicts or miscommunications from arising later on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.