Anniversary Gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adira

Original poster
Hi all! My boyfriend and I are coming up on our 2 year anniversary, which got me thinking about gifts! Do you have any advice on gifts? (My boyfriend is 17 and a total gamer nerd. loves steam and twitch) I'd love any extra advice!

Have you ever gave or received some cool or lame or wacky anniversary gift from your significant other?

My BF and I dont' do Anniversaries... or valentines day... or much on Christmas... We're not really very sentimental people :P

However! ALL of the rest of my family is, so I have some idea what's cool

Guys tend to be less sentimental about these things than girls; I say TEND to be because this seems to be the visual majority, I don't know your guy; if he cried at the end of Lassie, something more romantic may be appropriate. But overall for a guy I'd go with the same kind of thing you'd get him for a birthday present; something in tune with his hobbies, interests, or a new thing you think he'd like based on stuff he already likes.

If you'd like to be more romantic about it without delving into sappy stuff that would get him teased by his friends, get something for both of you, like a co-op game or (if he's into that kind of stuff) some kind of project you can build together; for instance, if he likes cooking, you could get a recipe book and experiment with them together. You could also treat him to dinner or a nice night out; or make provisions for a nice night in!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Coupons for sensual massages, a free shut up card, an I win this argument card, a make me dinner card ect. Its a bit of a cop out but he'll think its funny. Maybe a box of candy and a kiss to go with it? I like practical stuff personally maybe he does too?

• Love
My girlfriend and I usually do his and hers things. We've done knives, zippo lighters, gaming controllers, and co-op games to name a few.

• Love
Me and my hubby are also not big gift givers to each other. When we want something, we tend to just buy it for ourselves. O__O

When we do give each other gifts, they are always either really personal/special or something we direly needed. I got him a watch yeeeaaars ago, and that poor thing's straps are gone, it's hands are missing, and I am not sure if it's even keeping time anymore, but it's still clipped to his lunchbag and he takes it to work everyday. o__o

I remember the first gift he ever got me was a new set of headphones (cause mine had recently broke) and a Poets of the Fall cd. He told me to listen to one song specifically. It's since been OUR SONG. ;__; It was the sweetest thing on the planet.

So my advice is paying close attention to what the recipient really loves and really needs! and look for something that fills that hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.