3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Is there any skill you have that, while it may not be especially rare, you take great personal pride in?

I take pride in my ability to take a bare-bones cupboard and freezer and construct a decent meal.

I am also proud of my ability to take scraps and junk and make them useful (eg: ruined clothes, cardboard tubes, packing beads, broken CDs, can be turned into holiday decorations, emergency bandages, picture frames)

I am so proud of my cooking, other than cooking I take great pride in my crocheting skill, these count??

Reactions: Minibit
My standard ability to type quickly would probably be my favorite. I'm able to finish reports quickly with minimal error which saves hours of work in the long run.

I pretty much type like Corvus, unless one my phone or in my sling, and cooking. I don't think I have anything else to be honest.

Hmmm, this got me thinking; what is my most favored skill and what is my most prominent skill. I would say martial arts but that's not it... I learned those things through trial and error and lots of hard work and sweat, so not that. I am going to put my finger on driving... driving for sure; when I am behind the wheel of a car I feel something special and no matter what I do I always feel in control of my car, whether I press the brake in a corner or not. None of my friends ever complained about my driving (And yes they are all alive and well.) even the ones that get sick when taking longer trips have praised my driving. I enjoy driving a lot, I have driven since I could reach the pedals and look properly at the road. So as a final answer to this long, long text... driving.

Also a great typist. ^^ I've been accused numerous times of copy-pasting a report... dude, no. I can actually type twelve paragraphs in ten minutes. It's not hard, and you don't give a shit about quality so why should I take my time and give you something nice when I could just finish quickly and get back to my book? (I'm also a speedreader, but that's not much to be proud of)

I think the skill that I value the most, though, is my organization. I can take nearly any amount of items, related or unrelated, and put them in order. I can alphabetize like no one's business, have great memory for putting things in the right places (I have to put away mail; I only have to look at the boxes for about half of it. the rest I can get blind, behind me, etc.), and I'm fastidious about keeping things neat and in their places. The pencils are sharpened and in their slots. There are staples in the stapler, tape in the dispenser, and no stray papers or rubber bands or paper clips or sticky notes or NOTHING allowed to roam about the central table. >:( My table!

I can plan a household budget, so no one starves, all the bills get paid, and there's still some money left over for fun! 8D

Reactions: Lady Sabine
My sandwich making ability.

• Love
Reactions: Fijoli
I'm pretty proud of my note taking ability in class. I take really good notes that other people want to copy and are easy to understand later lol

I'm proud of my deep dish pizza's. they're almost three inches thick in an 11 by 9 inch pan. Four cups of cheese.....ohhhhhhh man I should've gotten that stuff while I was at the store! T_T

I am pretty sure I know just about everything about Microsoft Excel. And that makes me exceedingly proud.

I am fairly good at acupressure and by extension, massages. I have been told from multiple sources that my massages are quite good. That being said, I actually dislike touching people too often. Save from the obvious exception of my family, I tend to just show people how things are done instead of doing it myself.

My ability to have movie-like imagination is something I kind of take pride of. Either that or my decent drawing skills.

I can grab things with my foot, throw it into the air, and catch it with my hands.

I never have to bend over, yo.

I'm proud of my musical talent, I guess? I can pick up an instrument and play a song by ear; I most play the violin this way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.