1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Random times but close to 3pm EST
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
I stopped a D&D campaign from turning into a normal one into an amongus campaign I don't know how it was turning into that but I finally stopped a crazy idea am I in the wrong for stopping this or no?

You're not wrong for not wanting to run a game.

The most important thing, I think, is communicating your expectations in what game you want to run and letting your players communicate their expectations in what they want to play. People play games to have fun, and everyone's fun is important, players and GM. I think if I were a GM in this situation, I'd just talk to my players about this. No arguments, mind you, just talking.

It's okay for the playgroup to want an 'amognus' campaign, if that's what they say they want during the talking. Just tell them that you don't want to run it but that it's okay for them to choose another GM to run it instead.

Yeah I get that, I did talk to them but they are the same people who made a "Frog Gun"

It still sounds like you're not having fun as a GM and the players are looking for a game you aren't interested in running.

If you've talked to them that you want to run a serious campaign, they agreed that they wanted to play a serious campaign, and they are choosing to derail the campaign anyway (amongus, frog gun, etc.) then I think it's time to amicably part ways.

Reactions: Reliance
I am having fun tbh but it's sometimes too funny that we have to have to pause the game to laugh that we mostly dont progress. I don't mind it being funny or off track. Like it's absolutely hilarious to see themselves TPK because someone made a nuke and all.

You are the DM, so you run the game, which means you lead the story as well. It is like leading a conversation, even if the side track is fun and interesting you have to return to the main point eventually. If that's what disappoints them, maybe propose that someone else runs the idea that you stopped. After all, nothing stops them from actually exploring the idea if they DM it themselves.

So, no, I don't think you are in the wrong for that.

You are the DM, so you run the game, which means you lead the story as well. It is like leading a conversation, even if the side track is fun and interesting you have to return to the main point eventually. If that's what disappoints them, maybe propose that someone else runs the idea that you stopped. After all, nothing stops them from actually exploring the idea if they DM it themselves.

So, no, I don't think you are in the wrong for that.
Thank you for saying that, now I can continue the campaign without it being too crazy now -.-

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Nemopedia