Ahoy, comrades'o mine!

G

GarnaalProductions

Original poster
Howdy there, fair folk'o Iwaku!

Name's Garn, but you guys can call me whatever. A good buddy of mine brought up this site in conversation, so I decided to give this place a shot! So far, I gotta say this site is looking real homey, not as overwhelmingly crowded or impersonal as some of the other RPing sites I've been on. Who knows, might as well make this another of my frequent spots!

Now, about me.. well, what I can flex with right off the bat is that I've been in this bizz since 2014, and have been doing all that storytelling, worldbuilding and character creating jazz for even longer. These days anything related to sci-fi, fantasy, adventure & solid shenanigans seems to be my cuppa, and after recently turning 18 I might show some interest in the more degenerade side of things too. I write mammoth-sized novella posts by default, but generally can't be bothered to give a shit about how much my partner writes- as long as you put effort into it and aren't allergic to some proper OOC banter, I'm your shrimp!

Anyway, like I sorta implied before, I'm not sure how active I'm gonna be on here. Still got plenty of RPs running elsewhere and can't exactly afford a lot of new games, though my inbox is always open for a casual chat! Hope you sinners have an amazing day/night/whatever, and I'll see you folks around!
~ GarnaalProductions

Reactions: Ardent
Hello, and welcome to Iwaku! I haven't been here in quite some time, and the member base isn't currently what it used to be, but even when we had a holy truck load of people, it honestly still wasn't as crowded. People enjoyed joining other rps as much as creating their own, so it was a good chance that one person who just created a thread, was also in more roleplays than I can handle personally, and quite regularly roleplaying in all of them. We used to have a dedicated thing for everyone to post their characters, I believe a site update took it out because it either wasn't used or some such thing, or was outdated. Probably wrong, but that just tells you how out of the loop I've become.

Another thing we had was the Chatbox, or Cbox for short. I talked there almost more than I visited any other page on here, because.. well, I craved conversation.

Getting a little off-topic though, so let me get to all the goodies! Now, I'm not well-versed on anything anymore, so staff or other members might be able to provide links. If you enjoy lots of details in your characters, there's a good few CS's posted here and there, the most detailed of which- I believe, anyway- coming from our own admin, Diana! Filling out the info of your profile is a great way to land a few partners, as well as posting your ideas in the group connections, or just skimming through and reading others posts.

I've no clue if you're an adult member or not, but for rps of the more lewd variety, there's connection areas for both groups. Obviously you can't go into one you don't fit into. The staff here are amazing, currently I believe all our admins are dealing with irl things here and there, it's been mentioned but you'd have to look for it, I can't speak on their behalf about that, but they're here when it counts. The mods are absolutely just the best I've seen in all the years I have been around, and they're pretty friendly.

I, myself, am partial to medieval high fantasy, I tend to play female characters, Kitsune are my most favorite characters to play. Not full on furries though. Draconians and then Elves would be next. I almost never play outright human characters.

I know, I'm a little all over the place with my info, and this welcome, but I really do hope you enjoy your time here, whether it's only a few days, or be it many years to come! I do look forward to seeing your writing, though I won't lie to you, I'm a very hard individual to write with, so it may not be me, but regardless, there's still oh so many people to create wonderful stories with!

Thank you for visiting the place I once again call home!

Reactions: GarnaalProductions
Ayyyy now that's what I call a super warm and elaborate welcome! Thanks, mate!

And that's good to know, I'll make sure to check the Chatbox out should I be in need of friendly vibes, and once I'm sure that I won't have to be too dependent on my current vessel for character sheets anymore, I'll be sure to give my OCs their own nice spots on here too! As far as adult content goes, well, I've recently turned 18 but haven't really felt the desire to write ERP, but this system does sound a lot more waterproof than what you often see elsewhere, so I'll keep it in mind!

Having a good mod team is crucial too I've learned, defo nice to hear that the ones you got here are neat! Anyway, thanks for your intro speech, I appreciate the welcoming words! Might be seeing ya around, but either way: cheers!

a little late, but never too late to welcome someone to Iwaku. ʕ ꈍᴥꈍʔ hope you have a lovely time on the site and please feel free to contact anyone. if you find yourself a little lost.

artemis has given a very good run down of the site and the variety of features.

other key features we have are: general chatting (for exactly that) — find a thread of make a thread to a discussion topic of your desire. presently, we have games and book discussions. people also play fun little games in there or have bright little discussions. it's a way to expose yourself to members that you might not always talk to, inside the domain of roleplay.

we offer various functions like the age verify—where you get a nice red shield on your profile confirming your age. if that's ever anything you're interested in. it's just to generally confirm your age and let's other members know your are confirmed at the age you have listed. (ᵔᴥᵔ)

we have a help desk for your enquires! it'll help with the navigation or finding out where to put something when in a bit of a pickle. coding area. where we have all the sparks and smoke going with members testing out the new and fancy coding. all the fun stuff! character sheets are often placed in a thread now, if that's any concern. more than happy to link to the applicable area.

anywho.

once more, fondest greetings and brightest welcomings to Iwaku. hope to see you around within this community of great people.

Looks like you've already got quite a few detailed greetings, so I'll keep mine short. Welcome to Iwaku, Garnaal! I know you said you're busy running other rps in other sites, but I hope we continue to see more of you here. :-)